No outside food and drink in WDW parks?

DisneyCane

Any sane judge would throw that case out. Perhaps you have some precedents to cite in case law?

When lawyers, who are the ones that get rich off of class action suits, see the opportunity, they will find grounds to sue with. Don't underestimate a jury when you throw sob stories in front of them about little Johnny passing out. For a judge to dismiss a case, there would have to be absolutely no grounds for the suit. I'm sure the Florida Statutes have enough ridiculous garbage in them that some lawyer will find something to base the suit on when looking at millions of dollars in potential fees.

I didn't say that I thought a lawsuit was justified, I said that some lawyer would file one if this happens.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You can ask for a cup of ice water at any food stand that has a soda fountain and they will give it to you for free. Great tip for those looking to save money but don't want to use the water fountains.

Yes and take between 10-45 minutes out of your day for that 'free' water...

Goofyernmost

When lawyers, who are the ones that get rich off of class action suits, see the opportunity, they will find grounds to sue with. Don't underestimate a jury when you throw sob stories in front of them about little Johnny passing out. For a judge to dismiss a case, there would have to be absolutely no grounds for the suit. I'm sure the Florida Statutes have enough ridiculous garbage in them that some lawyer will find something to base the suit on when looking at millions of dollars in potential fees.

I didn't say that I thought a lawsuit was justified, I said that some lawyer would file one if this happens.

Yes and take between 10-45 minutes out of your day for that 'free' water...
Except that water is available in multiple areas, buy it, use the fountains or get the free cup from the food locations. It's going to be hard to justify that there is any negligence on Disney's part and I don't think that Disney's lawyers are dumb enough to not use that defense so fast your head will spin.

Really taking time out to make sure that you don't have a major health problem is that big a burden when those other options are available with no delay at all. I know that the public is getting dumber by the day, but, even the hickest of hicks have more common sense then that. Or even assuming that your individual health is the responsibility of a third party and not your own is the closest thing to useless as I can imagine. Relief is there all anyone needs to do is use it. Should Disney swallow it for them too?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Except that water is available in multiple areas, buy it, use the fountains or get the free cup from the food locations. It's going to be hard to justify that there is any negligence on Disney's part and I don't think that Disney's lawyers are dumb enough to not use that defense so fast your head will spin.

Really taking time out to make sure that you don't have a major health problem is that big a burden when those other options are available with no delay at all. I know that the public is getting dumber by the day, but, even the hickest of hicks have more common sense then that. Or even assuming that your individual health is the responsibility of a third party and not your own is the closest thing to useless as I can imagine. Relief is there all anyone needs to do is use it. Should Disney swallow it for them too?

Right.... I should be happy that I'm offered the opportunity to buy water for 2.75+Tax that used to cost me when I bought a case at Publix about .22 cents yeah that's really decent of Disney, Yet up the road one can get their free water from any Coke Freestyle dispenser without having to wait on line at a QS.

Castle Cake Apologist

Right.... I should be happy that I'm offered the opportunity to buy water for 2.75+Tax that used to cost me when I bought a case at Publix about .22 cents yeah that's really decent of Disney, Yet up the road one can get their free water from any Coke Freestyle dispenser without having to wait on line at a QS.

You do understand that Disney is one of the only places anywhere that allows you to take in outside food and drink at all? Magically, there aren't thousands of class action suits against other theme parks or sporting arenas. There are so many ways to access a drink of water at the parks for free that your position here is absolutely ludicrous. No surprise there, though.

Does your seemingly constant need to always be as negative as possible ever get old? I'm genuinely curious.

Goofyernmost

Is there some terrible thing that will happen to you if you opt for one of the other two? Is it just make-believe liquid and not really water. Because you don't particularly like the taste of the fountain water or decide that it is easier to pass out from dehydration then drag your bones to a QS area to get a free one (that's not even .22 cents) I don't see a jury being overly impressed with your concerns or for that matter a judge that wouldn't think it was a colossal waste of his/her time.

RSoxNo1

I know this is from earlier in the thread, but the same thing happened right next to PotC in 2011 while I was there. Someone left a luggage bag behind by accident, and the cast members kept everyone out of the area for fear of bombing... oh, paranoia.
I'm guessing that happens daily.

draybook

If they do ban people from bringing water into the parks, they will end up with a huge class action lawsuit. Not because they don't have the right for such a restriction but due to the heat in Florida. All it will take is a few people to start passing out from heat stroke and the lawyers will find a way to make a gigantic class action out of it.

I can certainly understand (and support) restricting food. Humans can go without eating for a whole day in a theme park without major issues (unless you have diabetes or some other medical condition). Also, there is a cost to cleaning up after people that bring food in and to dispose of the trash.

Same thing for non-water drinks. Nobody can argue (again, with the exception of medical conditions) that they need to drink soda, juice or milk while they are in a theme park.

However, becoming dehydrated from lack of drinking water is a major problem for every human. You can not safely spend a day at a theme park (especially when it is hot) without drinking some water. Water fountains are not sanitary. If they ban water from coming in, the only way they will avoid being sued at some point will be to provide convenient water dispensers where you can fill a free cup with water.

Also, unless they institute pat downs on the way in, I can guarantee you that I can get past security with a bottle of water on my person.

If you made me go 10-14 hours at a park without eating in the September heat then I'd start ripping people's skin off like some kind of scene from Mortal Kombat. And a few weeks ago we saw several overflowing trash cans in the Magic Kingdom, most of it was park bought food/containers. I guess they can't afford to clean it up whether it's internal or external.....

Tony the Tigger

That's an extremely reasonable price for a water at a theme park. Many places charge four or five bucks.

That's life.

I pay a lot less for a bud light at Publix, too, but I don't complain when they charge $3.75 at the bar (plus a dollar tip.)

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
That's an extremely reasonable price for a water at a theme park. Many places charge four or five bucks.

That's life.

I pay a lot less for a bud light at Publix, too, but I don't complain when they charge $3.75 at the bar (plus a dollar tip.)
72084548756ed36e8d72e482e46c91f0.jpg

wogwog

If you made me go 10-14 hours at a park without eating in the September heat then I'd start ripping people's skin off like some kind of scene from Mortal Kombat. And a few weeks ago we saw several overflowing trash cans in the Magic Kingdom, most of it was park bought food/containers. I guess they can't afford to clean it up whether it's internal or external.....

That could be staffing shortage. Young folks in my neighborhood tell me deep cuts to labor hours are starting to show all over the parks. The squeeze is even on FT cast being held to 32 hours. Oddly I saw an ad in the local paper for a Job Fair that took place in Orlando this past Tuesday. It must have had a list of 30 or so companies including WDW participating.

FigmentForver96

Not to get off topic, but I left Magic Kingdom no long ago and I must say the quality of cleanliness was actually the best I've seen in a while. Trash cans, from what I can see as I obviously couldn't be everywhere, were being changed regularly.

draybook

That could be staffing shortage. Young folks in my neighborhood tell me deep cuts to labor hours are starting to show all over the parks. The squeeze is even on FT cast being held to 32 hours. Oddly I saw an ad in the local paper for a Job Fair that took place in Orlando this past Tuesday. It must have had a list of 30 or so companies including WDW participating.

Not so much a staffing shortage as it's more like they've taken from other departments and added 60,000 security guards to stand at the entrance and "randomly select" 1 person at a time to go through the metal detectors.....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Is there some terrible thing that will happen to you if you opt for one of the other two? Is it just make-believe liquid and not really water. Because you don't particularly like the taste of the fountain water or decide that it is easier to pass out from dehydration then drag your bones to a QS area to get a free one (that's not even .22 cents) I don't see a jury being overly impressed with your concerns or for that matter a judge that wouldn't think it was a colossal waste of his/her time.

Perhaps next time I'm down there I'll take some sterile swabs and sample the drinking fountains and bring them over to a lab to determine just how badly they are contaminated. Considering Ive seen people washing their infants before a diaper change at some of the fountains I'd rather drink from the gardeners hose at least that just has garden variety dirt on it.

since I have no plans to visit the Ghetto Kingdom in the swamps anytime soon, There is no need to do either.

Goofyernmost

OK, but are you sure that 3/4's of those trash cans are not filled with McDonalds packaging. No? I didn't think so... case closed! ;)
Unless, of course, you went rummaging through those trash cans, looking for left overs :hungry:, in an effort to avoid "ripping people's skin off". :jawdrop: In that case, I'm very sorry, I was wrong, please don't rip my skin off. Could I get you a Snickers bar? :joyfull:

Goofyernmost

Perhaps next time I'm down there I'll take some sterile swabs and sample the drinking fountains and bring them over to a lab to determine just how badly they are contaminated. Considering Ive seen people washing their infants before a diaper change at some of the fountains I'd rather drink from the gardeners hose at least that just has garden variety dirt on it.

since I have no plans to visit the Ghetto Kingdom in the swamps anytime soon, There is no need to do either.
OK, I personally do not want to live in constant fear of germs, that are, btw, every damn place on the planet. The isolated incident that was probably fabricated to begin with and posted by someone trying to make a point, is not a normal human process. The odds of that happening are so far out of likelihood that it is really not a valid concern, or at least shouldn't be.

While you have those swabs out make sure you test out everything that you come in contact with all day long. I'll guarantee that when it's done you will have yourself transported while suspended from an overhead crane to avoid contact with anything that "might be contaminated". Oh, and don't test the cable that is holding you up... it might just ruin your day.

Incomudro

You know, I've been thinking a little...
Water in bottled form has been something that people have been purchasing and carrying along only since - oh, the mid 80's maybe.
Even back then, it hadn't really caught on yet. The craze is more of a late 90's thing.
Now, I'll grant you that we are more educated about the dangers of dehydration but still...
Anyway, it got me to thinking of my earlier trips to WDW.
On my first trip right after WDW opened, my mother would have carried a pocketbook (she was never without it) and my father would have had his wallet.
That's it.
Ditto, a couple of years after that when the family took a trip out to Disneyland.
By later trips, with friends or girlfriends - we carried nothing either.
My point is, that this phenomena of people carrying lots of stuff and believing that they cannot go anywhere without it, and are entitled to haul it into an establishment they go to - is a relatively new thing.

Incomudro

OK, I personally do not want to live in constant fear of germs, that are, btw, every damn place on the planet. The isolated incident that was probably fabricated to begin with and posted by someone trying to make a point, is not a normal human process. The odds of that happening are so far out of likelihood that it is really not a valid concern, or at least shouldn't be.

While you have those swabs out make sure you test out everything that you come in contact with all day long. I'll guarantee that when it's done you will have yourself transported while suspended from an overhead crane to avoid contact with anything that "might be contaminated". Oh, and don't test the cable that is holding you up... it might just ruin your day.

Truth is, the rides themselves - like the seatbelts that everybody grabs, the handrails, etc. are more likely to be contaminated than the water fountains which get far less use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom