No outside food and drink in WDW parks?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The irony here is that IF they ban bringing in bottle water but continue the ice water policy, it will actually cost them in money (the cup itself, the water, the energy to freeze the ice and the labor to dispense it) and goodwill. While they might be looking at potential marginal revenue from keeping bottled water out, I just don't see the cost-benefit analysis shaking out here and I personally don't think any potential revised food and drink policy will be this draconian.

Perhaps 5% of WDW visitors even KNOW about the free water policy much less want to wait 5-30 minutes to actually GET it. A couple of us have calculated that Disney would add about 1M per day in profit if they blocked out outside water.

peter11435

The irony here is that IF they ban bringing in bottle water but continue the ice water policy, it will actually cost them in money (the cup itself, the water, the energy to freeze the ice and the labor to dispense it) and goodwill. While they might be looking at potential marginal revenue from keeping bottled water out, I just don't see the cost-benefit analysis shaking out here and I personally don't think any potential revised food and drink policy will be this draconian.
Remember we still don't know if this is actually happening yet let alone the motivations behind it.

peter11435

Perhaps 5% of WDW visitors even KNOW about the free water policy much less want to wait 5-30 minutes to actually GET it. A couple of us have calculated that Disney would add about 1M per day in profit if they blocked out outside water.
Id love to know how you came up with that number. If they made a profit of $2 on each bottle they would need to sell 500,000 additional bottles of water. That would mean every guest would need to be purchasing an additional 3-4 bottles of water.

As usual it seems like your calculations are just like your other statements, made up and factually inaccurate.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Id love to know how you came up with that number. If they made a profit of $2 on each bottle they would need to sell 500,000 additional bottles of water. That would mean every guest would need to be purchasing an additional 3-4 bottles of water.

As usual it seems like your calculations are just like your other statements, made up and factually inaccurate.

Go back earlier in this thread, Calculations and assumptions are there for all to see. All you do is defend Disney's decisions so I hope they give you nice gold stars in you little cubicle at Celebration place.

GrammieBee

So far there have been twenty-five pages filled with sound and fury signifying absolutely nothing. Not one of us knows for sure what WDW is actually going to do about allowing outside food and/or drink into the parks.. Personally, I doubt very much they will be doing full body searches for the stray granola bar, goldfish pack, bag of trail mix or an apple
If we can't each bring in a full water bottle, we will fill them in the park. At age eighty-three, my digestive system is as touchy as it could possibly be. Drinking the clorinated, sanitized and filtered potable water from the water fountains has never caused me a moment of discomfort. We drink very little soda and have never purchased bottled water and have no intentions of ever doing so.

We also never brought sandwiches, etc, into the parks as I was always concerned about carting them around in the hot Florida sun and how fast it could cause them to become spoiled. Without a frozen ice substitute or some other frozen item, most small insulated bags are not all that efficient for any extended length of time. No insulated bag---even more risk.

What we did and still do to save money is almost always eat breakfast in our hotel room. Quite a lot can be done with paper bowls, plastic silverware, a couple of mugs, a small fridge and a microwave..

peter11435

Go back earlier in this thread, Calculations and assumptions are there for all to see. All you do is defend Disney's decisions so I hope they give you nice gold stars in you little cubicle at Celebration place.
First of all I don't work for them. Second I've seen your calculations and they are absurd.

I don't defend disney all the time. But I do correct ignorance any chance I get.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I know about blood pressure and I have too older relatives die of kidney failure. You can read any study you want but I don't need to go into a 3 page discussion about BP.

I use to work for the largest kidney dialysis company in the US (Fresenius) so you're not talking to an ill informed resource. You're ascribing your personal genetic situation to the entire population. Its how your own metabolic processes, genetic predispositions, and lifestyle react to the environment presented to it that make things good or bad. Whats bad for you isnt necessarily bad for everyone else so the market determines whats acceptable.

BLY

I personally couldn't eat Disney food for 14 days in a row, so would choose to spend less time in the parks and eat elsewhere. As a family of 5 we take water in as I want to encourage my children to keep drinking throughout the day to keep hydrated, especially in the summer. If I had to pay Disney prices for the amount we drink, it would cost a fortune. Despite taking in our own water and a few snacks (all in a small shoulder cool bag) we spend plenty of money on ice creams, coffees, cakes etc so it might not make such good business sense to be encouraging people to spend less time in the parks.

Rutt

The calculations were absurd.
No basis in reality.

Mike S

my children and I do every trip. Nothing wrong with the fountains.
Unless you're a germophobe..... In which case I wonder why you would go to Disney at all. Kids touching God knows what and then touching things in the parks you'll more than likely touch as well.........

I live by a simple rule. I let this amazing machine known as the human immune system do its job and not think much about it except for avoiding things that are obviously toxic and deadly. Hasn't failed me so far.

Quinnmac000

Doesn't matter if Disney only makes 10,000. This measure clearly is the test to see what guests will take or not take in regards to rules. Everything from Fastpass+ to the rising costs with entertainment being cut to no the possible enforcement of no outside food and drink is a test to see how far they can push the guests until they stop coming. It doesn't matter if its a water bottle or a granola bar or a full entire meal. First they ban meals....okay no one is complaining and people are defending us yay and food and drink sales are up. Next quarter, we need record breaking quarter what can we do now, lets enforce no outside food/drink more. Now they take your granola bars and your little bags of snacks but "it's for park safety and people who possibly who have allergies" but you are allowed your water bottles so Disney still is great. Next quarter rolls in and Disney wants to break the previous quarters record, young executive yells out "LETS BAN WATER BOTTLES AND MARK UP THE PRICE TO 6 DOLLARS A BOTTLE AND LETS GET RID OF FREE WATER EXCEPT ON DAYS HOTTER THAN 97 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT!!". The committee looks impressed, they would now make money from water the basic human need and get record profits.

I'm not saying this is what is happening or will happen. Disney is a business and it will manipulate, it will scheme, and it will plan ways to award itself with the highest profits despite the fact that you are the consumer are the victim as you are taking a product that once was The Great and Classic Coke and settling for New Coke instead. You may disagree with me but one of this days Disney will enforce a policy or cut something or price you and your family out of your trip and rather than actually stopping and listening to what dissenters said. Is Disney a memorable place, of course it is but don't let nostalgia blind you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom