No outside food and drink in WDW parks?

flynnibus

Premium Member
While I agree, and this probably wont help you when you are eating at Friars nook, but hands down every time I go to MK even on the busiest of days there is always seating in the back circus section behind Casey Jr splash & the M&G. Its shaded and I have never seen more than 2-3 tables taken back there.

Sure and it only takes you 10mins to walk your food over there ;)

Disneykings

I understand taking in large amounts of picnic food isnt necessary. Yet stopping people taking snacks in would be a nightmare for parents and allergy suffers. My daughter is both fussy and a peanut allergy sufferer and only eats snacks when we visit the parks. Not to mention the number of times a quick snack can prevent a meltdown.

tirian

If Disney is watching this thread, please don't ban water bottles. I understand blocking picnic baskets and full-course meals; but water is a basic necessity in central Florida, and it's unreasonable to expect people to purchase a new bottle of Dasani every time they're parched.

Consider this, too: the less guests spend on something as basic as bottled water, the more they'll spend on food and merchandise.

peter11435

If Disney is watching this thread, please don't ban water bottles. I understand blocking picnic baskets and full-course meals; but water is a basic necessity in central Florida, and it's unreasonable to expect people to purchase a new bottle of Dasani every time they're parched.

Consider this, too: the less guests spend on something as basic as bottled water, the more they'll spend on food and merchandise.
Every location that offers fountain drinks will provide you with a cup of ice water at no charge. No purchase necessary just walk up and ask.

Mike S

Not to mention Dasani sucks. For some reason it actually makes me thirstier.

UncleMike101

I had two good friends in Management at WDW.
I learned some of the Disney business thinking.
Disney would rather you spend your money on a $2.50 bottle of water that they have $.45 invested in as opposed to a meal that takes Prep people, Cooks, (AKA reheaters) Wait or Counter Staff, and clean up staff and is only marked up 150%.
The water is a much better money maker without all of those inconvenient employees to bother with.

flynnibus

Premium Member

They could do the simple thing airports have moved to... do not allow liquids in, but provide free refill stations in the park itself.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I modern life you are not going to die from a lack of salt. You are right you do need some salt but the days of a lack of salt are long gone. The big problem with salt is high blood pressure and that will kill you over time. If you take enough meds you can keep going same as diabetes. Feel free to stuff yourself with salt and sugar becoming great friends with your doctor, pharmacy.

Low salt diets have effects as well when salt intake is cut, the body responds by releasing renin and aldosterone, an enzyme and a hormone, respectively, that increase blood pressure. So do you even understand that the kidney actively manages to vary the accretion of salt based on the amount you take in ? Maybe you could stop and actually read studies which show that the number of people who experience drops in blood pressure after eating high-salt diets almost equals the number who experience blood pressure spikes; many stay exactly the same. You are using conjecture as fact.

asianway

Disney would rather you spend your money on a $2.50 bottle of water that they have $.45 invested in as opposed to a meal that takes Prep people, Cooks, (AKA reheaters) Wait or Counter Staff, and clean up staff and is only marked up 150%.
The water is a much better money maker without all of those inconvenient employees to bother with.
That's not just Disney, any chain restaurant would rather you buy alcohol or desserts, much higher margin

UncleMike101

That's not just Disney, any chain restaurant would rather you buy alcohol or desserts, much higher margin
Yup.....
Those two make up a huge part of a dining establishments profit.
Since I don't drink alcohol that's not an issue.
But coffee, which is also a monster markup item, is my true vice.
The only time we order a dessert is if it's something really special.

Goofyernmost

I understand taking in large amounts of picnic food isnt necessary. Yet stopping people taking snacks in would be a nightmare for parents and allergy suffers. My daughter is both fussy and a peanut allergy sufferer and only eats snacks when we visit the parks. Not to mention the number of times a quick snack can prevent a meltdown.
There's no indication that this is what is going to happen especially for all the reasons that you just mentioned. Panic should stop until we know what is actually happening, if anything!

Nubs70

Causes of Type 2 Diabetes

Diabetes is a number of diseases that involve problems with the hormone insulin. While not everyone with type 2 diabetes is overweight, obesity and lack of physical activity are two of the most common causes of this form of diabetes. It is also responsible for nearly 95% of diabetes cases in the United States, according to the CDC.

You can pick it apart but most people with type 2 are obese, in other words they eat too much high calorie food and/or do not work it off. End result is too much sugar by way of too many carbohydrates and starches. Believe it or not but the people I see who get type 2 all pack in the carbs and starches. Like anything you can find that one guy who is way out of the norm but the causes of diabetes are pretty easy to understand.

Type 1 diabetes is a totally different ball game.
I am that one guy.

tirian

Considering the massive discount Coke offers Disney, the water probably costs less than that.

The idea of banning outside water is still an offensive concept for a resort that pretends it has excellent guest service.

Uncle Lupe

I can understand keeping large amounts out. But trying to ban small things impossible.

My woman is a diabetic type 2 and we have to carry snacks everywhere. When her sugar drops we need it readily available not fighting to leave a line find a snack cart with an option and waiting in another line.
If all outside food gets banned I will sneak granola bars on my person.

p.s. my lady isn't obese.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom