no more protective sleeves (for now) with lightsabers.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
Yeah, that is what they sold for the last 50 years, no longer in that business. Fair value is in your mind not the stockholders

Exactly. So if Disney doesn’t care. Then why should I? Coming around full circle now - I’m going to expect perfection. If not - I’m calling it out. Sorry if a CM gets in the way. I’m not going to be rude about it. And I’m not going to disrespect anybody. But Disney is selling a product it can no longer deliver on.

If I’m paying the price that Disney is asking - for the experience they are promising - but am not getting that very same product/experience - well - that’s on Disney, not me.

Vegas Disney Fan

I want to go. I just want a fair value. That’s the way it’s supposed to work. If I’m spending the money but not getting the value - then yeah, you’re going to hear about it.
Reminds me of the guy who wanted to fight one of our bartenders a few weeks ago because of how expensive Vegas drinks are, as if the bartender has any say in the price. Then got in a managers face, as if the manager sets the price. Finally was trespassed by security and told he’d be arrested if he stepped foot on our property again, he sure showed us.

It‘s posts like this that make me dream of the day I don’t have to interact with people anymore, 99% of my work interactions are positive but it just takes one to ruin a day. I’m sure CMs feel the same.

My advise to everyone, don’t be “that guy” that everyone hates.

GimpYancIent

While venting anger and frustration at the CMs will not truly solve a problem neither will remaining silent. Disney would very much like to see the dissatisfied guests go away and remain silent keeping the facade of "Magic" in place. That is where social media comes in, letters and "E" mails to customer relations also to management. There is also word of mouth. Disney cannot stop the truth from getting out which will affect how many people go to their facilities, how often, what they spend and how they spend. Ultimately the investors will see smaller and smaller dividends then real change will be demanded and will occur.

thomas998

What mousekeepers? My trip at a deluxe for 5 days in November included one pile of towels and emptied trash. Absurd and I bet they never come back
Quality of maid service at the Disney hotels has been headed to the the bottom for years now. It's the reason we now stay at Universal hotels when we visit, it isn't as if staying at the Disney hotels even gives you free parking anymore so what's the value of an overpriced hotel with zero service. It will not be long until Disney has to start cutting prices on hotels if they want to fill them with people because they are becoming an absolute joke.

Last edited:

MrPromey

Exactly. So if Disney doesn’t care. Then why should I? Coming around full circle now - I’m going to expect perfection. If not - I’m calling it out. Sorry if a CM gets in the way. I’m not going to be rude about it. And I’m not going to disrespect anybody. But Disney is selling a product it can no longer deliver on.

If I’m paying the price that Disney is asking - for the experience they are promising - but am not getting that very same product/experience - well - that’s on Disney, not me.

And this is what's super-tricky about trying to shift your focus to a market who will spend more. When they do, they expect more in return.

What that "more" is could be a lot of different things - service, attractions, quality, time, etc...

Problem is, while Disney is happy to CHARGE more, they're also wanting to provide LESS on every level.

They're literally creating their own Karen's and they deserve 'em, if you ask me.

Last edited:

TikibirdLand

I am only saying that the covers they were giving away were not the 50 dollar covers. Not only here but a few other forums people are making it seem like yeah if you want a cover go spend 50 when those free covers weren't worth but a few bucks.

I am betting it's supply chain issue, and anyone understand that gets it.
Yeah, multiple posters have said that. But, that's the not the point. Even the cheap plastic ones they provided earlier were good enough to the things home in one piece. How long do you think the plastic umbrella rain cover will protect it? A cardboard mailing tube would have been better -- likely better than what they previously provided. BUT, they promised the cover (a cheap one at that) and then said, "Sorry, we're out" and called it a day. It took the Internet complaints to obligate them to provide a discount for that experience. If it were me, I'd tell them to keep it. Oh, yeah, I've been doing that for nearly two years now.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Premium Member
Reminds me of the guy who wanted to fight one of our bartenders a few weeks ago because of how expensive Vegas drinks are, as if the bartender has any say in the price. Then got in a managers face, as if the manager sets the price. Finally was trespassed by security and told he’d be arrested if he stepped foot on our property again, he sure showed us.

It‘s posts like this that make me dream of the day I don’t have to interact with people anymore, 99% of my work interactions are positive but it just takes one to ruin a day. I’m sure CMs feel the same.

My advise to everyone, don’t be “that guy” that everyone hates.

Your missing the entire point. Has nothing to do with price.

If you are advertising “cold beer” at whatever elevated price - and I decide to buy from you. I’d better be getting “cold beer”. If not, your bartender is bringing me another. And if the next is not “cold” they’ll bring me another. I’m going to be polite about it.

Too many people just passively accept situations that they shouldn’t - and allow themselves to be taken advantage of. That’s the guy I don’t want to become.

TikibirdLand

If you are advertising “cold beer” at whatever elevated price - and I decide to buy from you. I’d better be getting “cold beer”. If not, your bartender is bringing me another. And if the next is not “cold” they’ll bring me another. I’m going to be polite about it.

Too many people just passively accept situations that they shouldn’t - and allow themselves to be taken advantage of. That’s the guy I don’t want to become.
If said bartender KNOWS it should be cold (i.e. it's not Great Brittan using Lucas Electric 'fridges) and brings warm beer TWICE without noticing, I'd say that on the bartender to do something about. I would POLITELY decline said beer and ask for a refund. If I don't get the refund, I think they'd have a problem a that point!

GimpYancIent

Yeah, multiple posters have said that. But, that's the not the point. Even the cheap plastic ones they provided earlier were good enough to the things home in one piece. How long do you think the plastic umbrella rain cover will protect it? A cardboard mailing tube would have been better -- likely better than what they previously provided. BUT, they promised the cover (a cheap one at that) and then said, "Sorry, we're out" and called it a day. It took the Internet complaints to obligate them to provide a discount for that experience. If it were me, I'd tell them to keep it. Oh, yeah, I've been doing that for nearly two years now.
In an earlier post a poster commented about pool noodles. How hard would it have been for Disney imaginEars to obtain a substantial quantity of pool noodles cut them to the appropriate length of a light saber then fit a cap on each end? Voila! Instant low cost / creative light saber packaging that is way better and customer pleasing than a plastic bag.

JohnD

In an earlier post a poster commented about pool noodles. How hard would it have been for Disney imaginEars to obtain a substantial quantity of pool noodles cut them to the appropriate length of a light saber then fit a cap on each end? Voila! Instant low cost / creative light saber packaging that is way better and customer pleasing than a plastic bag.

Umm. Clever and more protective. But still not the case that you can wear over your shoulder. I would still want a discount.

Vegas Disney Fan

IF the beer had been warm then yes the bartender would be the person to fix it… BUT… that wasn’t the case, it was about the price which the bartender has no control over. The exact same scenario as telling off a CM because you don’t get a sleeve, the CM has no control over that. If you have an issue take it up with someone who can actually do something about it, aka guest relations (or take your business elsewhere to really make a statement), but taking it out on a poor CM who has absolutely zero ability to remedy it does nothing but make you a massive tool and make that CM miserable.

TikibirdLand

IF the beer had been warm then yes the bartender would be the person to fix it… BUT… that wasn’t the case, it was about the price which the bartender has no control over. The exact same scenario as telling off a CM because you don’t get a sleeve, the CM has no control over that. If you have an issue take it up with someone who can actually do something about it, aka guest relations (or take your business elsewhere to really make a statement), but taking it out on a poor CM who has absolutely zero ability to remedy it does nothing but make you a massive tool and make that CM miserable.
I had hoped that was the point I was making. Thanks for making it clear.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Premium Member
who can actually do something about it, aka guest relations

Are Guest Relations personnel no longer considered CMs? Just curious. I'm not advocating "telling off" a CM. I'm not looking for remedy from the CM working Pirates - because my meal was undercooked at BoG. The manager at BoG is also a CM. So are "the people who can actually do something about it"

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I want to go. I just want a fair value. That’s the way it’s supposed to work. If I’m spending the money but not getting the value - then yeah, you’re going to hear about it.
But consider this... if you don't go, and I don't go, and all the other people who are claiming that they just don't find value at WDW any more don't go (instead of making a reservation for next fall), then maybe sooner or later the suits will get the clue that people are tired of paying much more money for much less entertainment value...

I'm not saying they'll drop the prices -- although the discount room/free dining/buy 5 get 2 free days tactic has been used successfully in the past -- but maybe they'll start adding the value-added attractions and entertainment back into the mix.

Vegas Disney Fan

Are Guest Relations personnel no longer considered CMs? Just curious. I'm not advocating "telling off" a CM. I'm not looking for remedy from the CM working Pirates - because my meal was undercooked at BoG. The manager at BoG is also a CM. So are "the people who can actually do something about it"
As long as you take it to the right people and are decent about it… the “sorry if a CM gets in the way” sounded horrible though, I’ve worked hospitality / management for over 20 years and I’ve dealt with more than my share of jerks over the years so I get very protective of my people, they deserve the same respect as anyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom