no more protective sleeves (for now) with lightsabers.

MagicHappens1971

BlogMickey had that two days ago:

As of then, they said no discounts, no make-goods.

The cardboard box for the droids and the included sleeve for the lightsabers might not have been the highest quality, but they would protect them from minor bumps and the sleeve protected the blade in the overhead on the way home. Not having them is shameful.
Sorry! I didn’t see this. The box for the droids was definitely helpful. They get scuffed easy (I know from experience)

CaptinEO

The funny thing is.. ultra "magic sniffers" blogs and youtubers are now calling Disney for their BS.
The facade of "Magic" is disappearing faster in the past months. They just hit a level of pettiness and bad service in EVERY ASPECT that I do not think will be that easy to just brush away. ( workers, vaccines, prices, quality and PR, snafus like bags..etc..)
It actually is amazing to see the pixie dusters turn so cynical. I'm all about being fair. The online personalties were way too positive in every way. Glad to see a change reflect what's actually going on.

brettf22

Premium Member
True, but sad that an organization in the hospitality / entertainment business that had built a reputation on customers and guests having "Magical" experiences has deteriorated / devolved to this crude and callous level.

People at Disneyland are paying $30 to park - just to be told to walk the humiliating half mile down the asphalt tram route to the park entrance for no reason other than pure disrespect for the guests.

And not just at Disneyland. At 8:45am this morning, they parked me at the very back of the Dinosaur lot at AK. I then had to walk over a half mile to AK’s entrance.

Bring back ALL the trams.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Nah, just your wallet. They'd prefer that you buy the tickets and simply never use them. THAT would be magical!
Want to come to WDW? You'll have to pay up! All these amenities aren't free, ya' know!

You want a box for your $200 light saber? That'll be another $50. Otherwise, please enjoy your complimentary plastic bag and just go away!

When Chapek gets smart and combines the imagineers with the bookkeepers, we'll see all kinds of innovations.

Things like "Mickey's Magical Booking Fee" imposed on each purchase of tickets, packages, or rooms. You want a confirmation email? Tack on another $5.

Parking your car? Don't forget to pay "Mickey's Magical Paint Stripe Fee." Based on distance from the park itself, the closer you park, the more $$$ you pay.

Using the rest room? Get set for "Mickey's Magical Utilities Stipend." Bigger stalls are $$$. Medium-sized stalls are $$. The end stalls with poor lighting and even worse air circulation are $. Urinals are ¢. Washing your hands, in the interest of public health and safety, will still be complimentary... as long as you don't expect a paper towel.

Entering gift shops? Pay "Mickey's Magical Merchandise Deposit," $10 per person, which will, of course, be credited towards any purchase made while in the shop. Unused balances will NOT be refundable. Theme park admission required.

Lastly but not leastly, I can't wait for the "Reedy Creek Credit Card Convenience Fee," 4% of your total bill. If governments can do it, so can Disney!

But don't worry -- having a Magical Disney Day will still be free... once your credit card clears in the system.

sullyinMT

Want to come to WDW? You'll have to pay up! All these amenities aren't free, ya' know!

You want a box for your $200 light saber? That'll be another $50. Otherwise, please enjoy your complimentary plastic bag and just go away!

When Chapek gets smart and combines the imagineers with the bookkeepers, we'll see all kinds of innovations.

Things like "Mickey's Magical Booking Fee" imposed on each purchase of tickets, packages, or rooms. You want a confirmation email? Tack on another $5.

Parking your car? Don't forget to pay "Mickey's Magical Paint Stripe Fee." Based on distance from the park itself, the closer you park, the more $$$ you pay.

Using the rest room? Get set for "Mickey's Magical Utilities Stipend." Bigger stalls are $$$. Medium-sized stalls are $$. The end stalls with poor lighting and even worse air circulation are $. Urinals are ¢. Washing your hands, in the interest of public health and safety, will still be complimentary... as long as you don't expect a paper towel.

Entering gift shops? Pay "Mickey's Magical Merchandise Deposit," $10 per person, which will, of course, be credited towards any purchase made while in the shop. Unused balances will NOT be refundable. Theme park admission required.

Lastly but not leastly, I can't wait for the "Reedy Creek Credit Card Convenience Fee," 4% of your total bill. If governments can do it, so can Disney!

But don't worry -- having a Magical Disney Day will still be free... once your credit card clears in the system.
Were you in Chapek's recent Monthly Magical Management Standup Meeting, announced in his recent message about the future of TDO?

Keenanclan6

We are here now, daughter did this for her birthday Tuesday. We were informed at check in there were no cases. They have us the plastic bag at that time. We received 10% off the experience for not getting the case. Does it equal out? Of course not but the experience was cool anyway so worth it for us. We bought the case at the store to make sure it got out of the park in one piece, not because she is clumsy but because of the amount of people that walk with their phones in front of their face not caring who they walk into. 🙄🙄

VJ

which will, of course, be credited towards any purchase made while in the shop.
this is the only part i don't believe. you'd have to spend $50 to enter the shop plus a $20 handling and bagging fee, plus full price for any items you want - and then tax

TerriLM

We are here now, daughter did this for her birthday Tuesday. We were informed at check in there were no cases. They have us the plastic bag at that time. We received 10% off the experience for not getting the case. Does it equal out? Of course not but the experience was cool anyway so worth it for us. We bought the case at the store to make sure it got out of the park in one piece, not because she is clumsy but because of the amount of people that walk with their phones in front of their face not caring who they walk into. 🙄🙄

So they have them to buy but are not including anymore? Or are they different cases. Just curious.

For the Droids - they were out of boxes on Thanksgiving. I was concerned because we booked that earlier in the day but we ended up renting a locker and keeping it there until we left. Which ended up working out good because the weather was so different that we also kept our sweatshirts in there during the day too instead of lugging them around so really didn't make much of a difference to us.
Flying home, we had planned ahead and made sure to have one carryon available to put it in and then secured it by having clothes all around to keep it safe just in case.

disneygeek90

So they have them to buy but are not including anymore? Or are they different cases. Just curious.

For the Droids - they were out of boxes on Thanksgiving. I was concerned because we booked that earlier in the day but we ended up renting a locker and keeping it there until we left. Which ended up working out good because the weather was so different that we also kept our sweatshirts in there during the day too instead of lugging them around so really didn't make much of a difference to us.
Flying home, we had planned ahead and made sure to have one carryon available to put it in and then secured it by having clothes all around to keep it safe just in case.
Apparently they are the nicer quality cases that have always been sold for $50, you just don't have the option of the more modest standard case anymore.

It's the $50 case or a plastic bag.

celluloid

People should realize that what Disney SAYS is for the masses, the fans, etc. What it DOES is for the stockholders.

We'll complain, grumble on forums, forget and move on. Shareholders aren't as kind.

Well eventually, if people did actually realize this, than both will become screwed by the disingenuine practices. The line is already blurring when their CFO speaks terribly at documented meetings for the public to listen to.

disneygeek90

My experience Friday night. 9:05 reservation with a 9pm close.

Once we were checked in, a CM informed us of the "bad news" and a 10% discount, they were very nice about it. Did mention that if the no case thing was a deal breaker to let them know and they'd "work something out" and had the plastic bags rolled up if we wanted one. I declined, thinking that I'd be able to purchase a case after which they also mentioned.

The experience itself was very well done. I was the only blue saber in my full room which was pretty cool.

After that, It was now close to 9:30 and the store that sold the cases was already closed. Sort of awkward and it seems like if there's no complimentary case and they're mentioning that cases can be bought after, that store should be open until the last group is out. Since I declined a plastic bag, I walked my saber to the car and I haven't decided if I'll go back for a case. I'm sure it would be cool to have and more safe for the saber, but part of the fun seems like it would be walking around the park with it.

JoeCamel

My experience Friday night. 9:05 reservation with a 9pm close.

Once we were checked in, a CM informed us of the "bad news" and a 10% discount, they were very nice about it. Did mention that if the no case thing was a deal breaker to let them know and they'd "work something out" and had the plastic bags rolled up if we wanted one. I declined, thinking that I'd be able to purchase a case after which they also mentioned.

The experience itself was very well done. I was the only blue saber in my full room which was pretty cool.

After that, It was now close to 9:30 and the store that sold the cases was already closed. Sort of awkward and it seems like if there's no complimentary case and they're mentioning that cases can be bought after, that store should be open until the last group is out. Since I declined a plastic bag, I walked my saber to the car and I haven't decided if I'll go back for a case. I'm sure it would be cool to have and more safe for the saber, but part of the fun seems like it would be walking around the park with it.
Get a pool noodle...

JMcMahonEsq

And not just at Disneyland. At 8:45am this morning, they parked me at the very back of the Dinosaur lot at AK. I then had to walk over a half mile to AK’s entrance.

Bring back ALL the trams.
Of all the “complaints” recently about Disney this is the one I get the most laughs at. Damn it I want someone to drive me to the entrance of the park I am going to walk around all day at! It’s so disrespectful that they should expect me to use my own feet to walk to the entrance.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Sure. It could have been phrased better. I'm not advocating a tantrum nor yelling contest. I'm simply stating that if I pay for a service or an experience that has been marketed or described in a certain way, and the service/experience does not reflect the standards of what I was led to believe. I'll push back. Politely, courteously, respectfully. But I will push back.
Pretty certain many of us would agree this summarizes the entire WDW experience lately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom