no more protective sleeves (for now) with lightsabers.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
As long as you take it to the right people and are decent about it… the “sorry if a CM gets in the way” sounded horrible though, I’ve worked hospitality / management for over 20 years and I’ve dealt with more than my share of jerks over the years so I get very protective of my people, they deserve the same respect as anyone.

Sure. It could have been phrased better. I'm not advocating a tantrum nor yelling contest. I'm simply stating that if I pay for a service or an experience that has been marketed or described in a certain way, and the service/experience does not reflect the standards of what I was led to believe. I'll push back. Politely, courteously, respectfully. But I will push back.

John park hopper

I'd imagine the lines at GS have been lengthy.

And a 10% discount only gets the price back down to what it was last year (when my oldest booked the lightsaber building experience) and doesn't cover the cost of the carrying case they are selling. #ThanksTDO #ThanksJosh
If I"m not mistaken the sales tax is 6.5% on items sold in the parks so that 10% pays the sales tax and 3.5% off the light saber

VJ

similar to the lightsaber bag debacle, no one was warned about the missing pieces beforehand. I’m sure that’s intentional. Once you’re already in the middle of building you own personal, custom item, there’s a bit of emotional attachment to it. Customers are less likely to back out of the purchase at that point than had they been told before they even began that they’d be getting only a partial product.
Exactly. Disney isn't gonna say "hey, we're out of the cases, still wanna buy this?" after they already have you by the wallet.

GimpYancIent

Exactly. Disney isn't gonna say "hey, we're out of the cases, still wanna buy this?" after they already have you by the wallet.
True, but sad that an organization in the hospitality / entertainment business that had built a reputation on customers and guests having "Magical" experiences has deteriorated / devolved to this crude and callous level.

thomas998

And this is what's super-tricky about trying to shift your focus to a market who will spend more. When they do, they expect more in return.

What that "more" is could be a lot of different things - service, attractions, quality, time, etc...

Problem is, while Disney is happy to CHARGE more, they're also wanting to provide LESS on every level.

They're literally creating their own Karen's and they deserve 'em, if you ask me.
It reminds me of McDonalds and their decline... costs went up so they initially didn't want to raise prices so they cut the size of burgers and cut corners... but that wasn't enough to make them the profits they wanted so they also increased the prices all while dropping quality... And that is where Disney is right now. They don't want to accept lowering profits so they raise prices while cutting corners and cost and this is what you get... a crappy experience that costs a premium.

Last edited:

mf1972

hey, they can always cancel all future reservations for the meantime until the issue is resolved, right?
0C873C61-8398-4D2B-A16A-2D89AABBE02C.gif

Cesar R M

Um if I were selling crap and I ran out of said crap to put my expensive fragile toy in I would come up with a better solution than a plastic bag too small using the opportunity to increase the perceived value of the expensive crap I was selling.
It isn't hard to package it looks like no one cares to do so.
If you feel it wasn't worth anything and people shouldn't miss it I think you really don't understand what it is to sell retail.
With Disney now raising prices of everything (particularly food, while reducing portions). We know what the priorities are.

Cesar R M

While venting anger and frustration at the CMs will not truly solve a problem neither will remaining silent. Disney would very much like to see the dissatisfied guests go away and remain silent keeping the facade of "Magic" in place. That is where social media comes in, letters and "E" mails to customer relations also to management. There is also word of mouth. Disney cannot stop the truth from getting out which will affect how many people go to their facilities, how often, what they spend and how they spend. Ultimately the investors will see smaller and smaller dividends then real change will be demanded and will occur.
The funny thing is.. ultra "magic sniffers" blogs and youtubers are now calling Disney for their BS.
The facade of "Magic" is disappearing faster in the past months. They just hit a level of pettiness and bad service in EVERY ASPECT that I do not think will be that easy to just brush away. ( workers, vaccines, prices, quality and PR, snafus like bags..etc..)

Cesar R M

But consider this... if you don't go, and I don't go, and all the other people who are claiming that they just don't find value at WDW any more don't go (instead of making a reservation for next fall), then maybe sooner or later the suits will get the clue that people are tired of paying much more money for much less entertainment value...

I'm not saying they'll drop the prices -- although the discount room/free dining/buy 5 get 2 free days tactic has been used successfully in the past -- but maybe they'll start adding the value-added attractions and entertainment back into the mix.
Alternative is.. if they still want to go.. to expend as little as possible in merchandise and food. and send genie+ to hell.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I’ve been in Hollywood studios all day and it seems as though they are also out of boxes for the custom droids? At one point late last year they were giving out unprinted ones, but I’ve seen about 10 people with custom droids in the clear plastic Disney parks bags.
BlogMickey had that two days ago:

As of then, they said no discounts, no make-goods.

The cardboard box for the droids and the included sleeve for the lightsabers might not have been the highest quality, but they would protect them from minor bumps and the sleeve protected the blade in the overhead on the way home. Not having them is shameful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom