No more dark ride through Space Mountain?

TTATraveler

I rode both the TTA and Space Mountain yesterday. On the TTA, I was annoyed because all the tunnel lights were on. It looked absolutely terrible. Then on Space, the light from the TTA track was bleeding over so much, you could see the track throughout the whole ride. Those lights need to go off. It really messes up both attractions.

I completely agree. There seems to be a lack of interest in bad show lately. Maintenance issues that used to close rides simply are left unattended to. :fork: The result is a less than perfect experience. Maybe some occasional visitors don't notice these deficiencies; however, frequent visitors do notice.

TTATraveler

I'm not a Tomorrowland CM, but I am married to a status coordinator at Space Mountain...

The Peoplemover work lights have been on for going on a month now. Maintenance and Reedy Creek were doing some work/testing and the work lights on/off switch apparently shorted out and they can't figure out a way to turn them off now.

Seems to me that a reputable electrician could fix the problem. How could they not be able to figure out how to turn the lights off??? :(

the-reason14

Wow!!!! I've always wanted to ride space mt. with the lights on, and I guess it'll be a good change of pace to be able to ride it semi lit up. But, it's not space mt. with brightness, and if within the million times I plan on riding it this upcoming trip/week and it's lit up, I'll be ed!!

Sassagoula-Rvr

Wow really "The light switch shorted out and they can't figure it out" it seems to me if you're WDI....and one of the Park's flagship attractions is having an issue like this you replace the switch. you replace whatever you have to but you get it done....It's nasty when the lights are on seeing basically just a big building....If I wanted that I would go to Universal or six Flags....Come on Disney, this is the kind of stuff that really disappoints me. Walt rolls in his grave daily in my opinion, can you imagine what he would say about alot of this stuff??

rct247

Maintenance and Reedy Creek were doing some work/testing and the work lights on/off switch apparently shorted out and they can't figure out a way to turn them off now.

Actually, that is somewhat what I heard as well. With how often the TTA stops for minor things daily, I almost wonder if switching work lights on and off during those stops would amplify a short or cause a minor electrical fire. If so, that could be why they are leaving them on until the problem is fixed... to avoid further damage.

TTA has had its share of glitches since March with various issues.

MightyGitis

Alright, but how visible are the TTA lights from inside the Space Mountain attraction? Because as much as I might miss that dark TTA tunnel I can live without it. What I can't stand is if it's affection lighting levels inside Space Mountain...

NewfieFan

Alright, but how visible are the TTA lights from inside the Space Mountain attraction? Because as much as I might miss that dark TTA tunnel I can live without it. What I can't stand is if it's affection lighting levels inside Space Mountain...

Can't tell you first hand b/c I didn't ride SM while the lights were on (only the TTA). But what I can tell you is that people were complaining about it and the work lights are quite bright in the TTA tunnel.

I'm actually more upset that that part of the TTA is ruined. Even my kids (who couldn't care less about anything) complained when they got off the ride. It totally ruins that part of the TTA (which I think is one of the coolest).

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I actually just saw on Twitter that about 20 minutes ago Space/TTA was completely dark again. This is indeed good news. I rode the TTA and Space on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday and each time the lights were on. Very annoying...particularly in Space Mountain. Totally ruined all the darkness they had worked so hard to finally get.

JimboJones123

The total darkness seemed kinda weird since SM reopened. Now this.

Why don't they just hurry up and install the TRON overlay and be done with it.

GymLeaderPhil

Nothing broke. Reedy Creek has required that the PeopleMover work lights remain lit until they can be configured to automatically switch on. Prior to the refurbishment the lights were all white, although dimly lit. Since the installation of the color fixtures the lighting in certain areas are darker. As it stands now the work lights are only turned on or off manually.

MissM

Video of what it looks like with the lights on

I was there Sunday and Monday for my birthday. We rode through Sunday and thought the lights were really weird. I took video.

Sunday May 15 - PeopleMover tunnel lights on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wej0S2Gz95Q

Then Monday, we rode through again and the lights were not only on, the ride was down, so the Space Mountain ride lights were on in addition to the tunnel ones. So it was REALLY bright in there, plus no music and only one, unmanned train went by as we watched.

Monday, May 16th - PeopleMover tunnel lights on AND Space Mountain Lights on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL56j2fLRag

So there ya go!

aurorawest

Completely visible. You can see the TTA from the SM vehicles as you ride. And you can see the SM track pretty well.

I was at MK on 5/7 and SM was down all morning. When I finally did get to ride it, SM lights were off by TTA lights were on. I wondered if it had something to do with SM being down but it doesn't seem like it. I'll be there again this weekend; it would be nice if SM were dark!

WDWFigment

The lights were on constantly from May 11-15 (as is indicated by others here).

Then, on May 16 (yesterday), they were off and on. We rode the TTA and all was dark, so we headed over to Space Mountain immediately after that, and by the time we boarded, the lights were back on!

Hopefully this is almost at an end. It looks awful. Not just while riding Space Mountain, but also while riding the TTA. You see way too much of the nasty walls.

TestTrack

IMO the TTA has always been sorta a bad show for Disney. There is cheesy "future" themes that seem to change everytime I go but remain just as bad each time. The space mountain section is always dark and kinda a "what is going on" type moment. This just makes that even worse.

Poor tomorrowland...such a disappointment

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was there Sunday and Monday for my birthday. We rode through Sunday and thought the lights were really weird. I took video
Nice catch. You don`t often see the new TTA floor lights on without the main ride work lights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom