No Love In an Elivator

goonsquads57

IMHO.....whether KISS stands for "Knights in Satan's Service" or not...anyone who made as much money as they have by knowing a total of three chords and screaming their lyrics had to have sold their souls to the devil somewhere along the line...it's the only way!!

Justin

ah, at first i thought we were talking about Aerosmith and who we would like to see on RnR, I guess were being on the MTV special of WDWMagic.com now cause im lost. LOL.:lol:

d dude

uh, Madona, no.

Aerosmith i think is the best possible band for this ride

But when they do make a change, i seriously would like to see FleetWood Mac.

They are basically rock legends and still alive, they also have some songs that would easily go with a roller coaster.

they r also pretty popular, not many people don't know who they are, even the "new" generation

though AC/DC or Rolling Stones would be great too

Justin

ah, No Disney wouldn't go with Madona.. Thats not very Disney like... i just think it should stay with Aerosmith it fits the jigsaw pefect..

Although Linkin Park would be the best! :) :D

lol jk jk... :lol:

Tom Morrow

Originally posted by goonsquads57
IMHO.....whether KISS stands for "Knights in Satan's Service" or not...anyone who made as much money as they have by knowing a total of three chords and screaming their lyrics had to have sold their souls to the devil somewhere along the line...it's the only way!!

No, don't forget about a little thing called "selling their image!" The reason KISS stayed so popular is for one reason only: they're a gimmick band and they marketed their image as much as possible. You can buy a "KISS" anything you want, basically. KISS is the biggest sellout band in history.

Luau Cove

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

Just wanna tell you that GET A GRIP wasn't what put them back on the map...I believe they got back on the map with Permanent Vacation...and who didn't like PUMP...THEN GET A GRIP

Actually: No. Sure, Aerosmith had a huge crowd following them before the 90's, but the really got big and popular this last decade. It's the simple truth.
PERMANENT VACATION: Rag doll? Became famous after appearing at BIG ONES. Dude looks like a lady? Saw the light with Mrs. Doubtfire cool scene. Angel? Was not a hit.
PUMP: Love in an Elevator? Made it with Big Ones. Janies Got a Gun? Was not a chart-buster. What it takes? Was not in the billboards.

Then comes GET A GRIP with Crazy, Cryin, Amazing, Eat the Rich, Living on the Edge. The first four where instant singles and the band bumps to the top with softer ballads and catchy, yet excellent, tunes.

-->LUAU

Bairstow

Actually, Weezer might be an excellent choice. Listen to their song "Yellow Camaro" and tell me it wouldn't be PERFECT for RnR.

and the wheels in motion'll move fine.
God bless the US's assembly line.
It's a game when you play with high octane.
It's the pace of the race you were following.
Ride on.
Yellow.
Camaro.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Merlin0402
And why does the star of RNR have to be a rock group? "Rock n' Roll" is a term that doesn't just mean rock music

umm...well, it sure isn't called Poppin' Rollercoaster...or Technoin' Rollercoaster. besides...rollercoasters are fast and thrilling, and get the heart pumping! they have to have music that is the same...in my opinion, Madonna's music just doesn't get my heart pumping.

btw, whoever said Fleetwood Mac...love that idea!! but i've always considered them more soft rock...you sure they could fit into the rollercoaster scene? but then again, i'm most familiar with their newer album (was it called The Dance? i can't remember) so, it's very possible there's a good rockin song that i'm just not aware of.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek

umm...well, it sure isn't called Poppin' Rollercoaster...or Technoin' Rollercoaster. besides...rollercoasters are fast and thrilling, and get the heart pumping! they have to have music that is the same...in my opinion, Madonna's music just doesn't get my heart pumping.

btw, whoever said Fleetwood Mac...love that idea!! but i've always considered them more soft rock...you sure they could fit into the rollercoaster scene? but then again, i'm most familiar with their newer album (was it called The Dance? i can't remember) so, it's very possible there's a good rockin song that i'm just not aware of.

You forgot the Country Westin' Rollercoaster!!!

YEE HAW, HANG OUT COWPOKES!!!

Luau Cove

Originally posted by Bairstow
Actually, Weezer might be an excellent choice. Listen to their song "Yellow Camaro" and tell me it wouldn't be PERFECT for RnR.

The things is: Nobody knows that song. It's hard , but it's the truth. How do you think people will react if they replace such a huge band like Aerosmith and their hard-to-beat, famous rocks with a band that never touched billboard number 1 with a single? Come on. There's no use to even think of it. Disney is smart enough to know new bands in the middle of their development won't be enough to carry on a ride that's been previously mantained by Aerosmith.

Little Comparison:

Steven Tyler -- Rivers Cuomo (Simple. He's a nerd.)
At least 20 hits -- Hash pipe, Buddy Holly...2 "hits"...
It's everywhere, from MTV to Movies -- Aren't sociable enough.
30 years career -- 12 +/- years of career.
Has HARD, FAST rock and roll songs -- Does soft slow punk rock.
The band is "pro-life" -- Rivers Cuomo insults discographies in Rolling Stone.

COME ON. BE REAL.

-->LUAU

kaos

Here's something more realistic... Rock n Roller coaster starring Radio Disney (Mandy Moore and all the other crap)

d dude

lol, thanx dizknee_phreek,

there r quite a few songs from FleetWood Mac that would work,

Gold dust woman, Tusk, Stand Back, go your own way.... ect.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by d dude
lol, thanx dizknee_phreek,

there r quite a few songs from FleetWood Mac that would work,

Gold dust woman, Tusk, Stand Back, go your own way.... ect.

Great band...TOO MELLOW!

U2!!!
LED ZEPPLIN!!!

-Whole Lotta Love
-Black Dog
-Stairway
-Misty Mountain Hop
-Kashmir

Justin

Does anyone know if there will be another RnR made somewhere? I heard they were making another one... but i cant think of to where they would put it..

mmartin2x

"Weezer: They don't have amazing hits, they don't play Rock And Roll. Their songs are hard but slow. "
"I cna't find more than 1 or 2 good tracks, and you gotta remember what their two biggest hits are

Dope Nose

and

Hash Pipe

Umm.....am I missing something......since when did Disney promote drugs? (or even appear to promote drugs, don't flame me about artistic intent)"

Two great misconceptions, which would obviously be shared by a majority of the Disney-going audience. The weezer concept seems like it was just in fun anyway.
Beatles would certainly work, but the liscensing costs for not only the name Beatles, but their likenesses, and 3-4 of their songs would end up costing Disney millions.
This is also the case with Led Zeppelin, although it would be infinetly cooler going through the launch with "Rock And Roll" playing than any song Aerosmith could/has ever written.

Don L Duck

Al though Led Zeppelin is the best group ever in the history of rock n roll.
I think Aerosmith is a perfect fit for that ride.
If they were to change it I think the early Van Halen with David Lee Roth should replace them.
they really kicked it back then.

Erika

Hey, does anybody remember Quiet Riot? :lol:
My brother's friends are opening for them later this month. I had no idea they were still around! Just thought I would throw that out there. ______ ON, FEEL THE NOISE!!!!

Anyway, back on the subject-- Does anybody know if they still sell the mini guitars in the RnR gift shop? It came in a plastic case (wood base) with a pick. John got one in 2000 and now that we are going back, his brother REEEALLY wants one!

mmartin2x

" Anyway, back on the subject-- Does anybody know if they still sell the mini guitars in the RnR gift shop? It came in a plastic case (wood base) with a pick. John got one in 2000 and now that we are going back, his brother REEEALLY wants one!"

As of last month they were still there, and were predominantly featured in a few stores in MGM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom