No Love In an Elivator

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Original Poster
I realy didnt want to start the whole "new band" argument over again. I was just wondering if the story was exactly that.

Incase you may have missed the other shattering Aerosmith news, Joe Perry has just released the wonderful product
"Joe Perrys Rock Your World Hot Sauce", available from the bands website, all good record stores and several rubbish ones aswell.

PS. just a thought Bon Jovi

Erika

I thought Weezer had only been around about a decade or so-- am I wrong? :confused:

Very few bands are as recognizable as Aerosmith. I hope they don't change a thing.

Also-- didn't Aerosmith collectively quit drugs and alcohol years back? I think that's another point scored for them.

One more thing-- I'm not a KISS fan but you can't believe everything you see on TV! Unless they themselves say it stands for "Knights in Satan's Service" you can't believe it's true. I bet that rumor was started by a little old small-town Church lady anyway.

Cosmo

well, unlike some people, some of us like to have an imagination and dream and think about things that might never be....

guess i'll just go listen to more wuss rock now...:p

Dizneydude87

Hey, how about Britney Spears? They could do, "Not a girl, not yet a woman"! That would be funny. J/K...

Actually, it would make sense to do the, "I love Rock 'N' Roll" song by her, or by the originals. LOL. Anywho...

But if anyone wants my opinion I think RnR should go to Linkin Park. They have so many songs that rock and there excellent. Put on One Step Closer, on the take/off and have like Place for my head on the other parts or something it would make a good loud ride.

AMEN!!!! That would be so awesome to listen to Crawling in the middle of the loop. Or to hear, "I put my trust, in you, pushed as far as I can go, for all this, theirs only one thing you should know..." (the slow part of the song from "In the end") as you go through the little midpoint break run thing.

RNR is a great ride, so I wouldn't mind anything, as long as the ride is intact. But I guess the themeing can make all this difference, so let's hope RNR doesn't change, or if it does, letz' hope it changes for the best!

Ok, Im done! :king:

Justin

hahaha, That would be funny, But i dont think I love Rock N Roll doesn't have enough rock. well it mite, lol.:p

Yeah Linkin Park would be cool. But actually i think Aerosmith fits the ride perfect, I have even seen sighns in there that say stuff like Wash This Way and other such, It makes the ride cool, Some how Aerosmith does it good. But i m not a big fan of them.

Jusjuice

How about the Country Bears!:veryconfu

Really though, Aerosmith is pretty clean, and they have a whole lotta recognizable songs that everyone knows. I didn't know half of those songs were theirs until i rode RNRC.

Wilt Dasney

I've said this before, but I think the Chili Peppers would really be the best choice here.

Oh, and I agree that Dave Matthews' music really wouldn't fit the ride, but who cares, I really like that band. Maybe they could build a separate "wuss" coaster for them.

Tom Morrow

Originally posted by Wilt Dasney
Oh, and I agree that Dave Matthews' music really wouldn't fit the ride, but who cares, I really like that band. Maybe they could build a separate "wuss" coaster for them.

LOL! Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and Wuss Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Dave Mathews Band! :D :lol:

Jimmy

Aerosmith is the perfect band for this ride. Attempting to put a band that has no longevity (i.e.: any band whose 1st album came out after 1995) is crazy. Even if Aerosmith was to break up, why would the pre-show have to change?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Here's my two cents:

Even if the band breaks up, the ride will retain the bands music. It is VERY well known, and there is a contract to this also.

I seriously doubt Aerosmith is breaking up anytime soon anyways. Most of them are too old to go out on their own at this time.

Luau Cove

I will add something to the bands' status quo and "why not's":

Linkin Park: They've been around for what? Two years. God, they just shout and shout and try to rap...

Incubus: Another new band with no past or ROCK AND ROLL songs.

Weezer: They don't have amazing hits, they don't play Rock And Roll. Their songs are hard but slow.

Creed: Their songs are really all the same, plus they don't have many known songs to fulfill the cars.

KISS: I love them, their songs are perfect, but tragically, they are part of the 70's generation. Grownups hate them, kids don't know them.

AC/DC: The same here. They rock, though louder than Kiss, but they are not recognized by today's crowd, and older people have a negative concept of this band.

EMINEM: He raps. He is not a band.

ALL NEW KORN-TYPE BANDS: No. Don't even try. Disney won't put rappin' hard rock wannabes people on their ride. Their music is simply not music, not even for a roller coaster.

I repeat: There's a band that fits in the desired description. (See previous post):BON JOVI.

1- They is popular right now (though they changed the style I loved). Kids know them.
2- It is old enough. The band's been up for 20 years. Grownups know them.
3- HITS? Probably the 80's american band with more hits.
4- Great reputation. Never had any problem with the law. Not even a single member.
5- Rockin hits a plenty: You gave love a bad name, Runaway, Living on a prayer, Keep the faith, and the list goes on.
6- He is well recognized everywhere. Richie Sambora is even married to Heather Lockear.
7- Music is almost like Aerosmith's. Jon Bon doesn't shout so much as Tyler.
8- Image sells a lot. The members are good lookin guys. Not teen alternatives with earrings and dyed hair.

Think it, it's almost perfect.

-->LUAU

Hurricane

Originally posted by Fievel
However, Bon Jovi stopped being cool in 1989.

Hit that one right on the head.

Bon Jovi wouldn't work, everyone would associate them with Acid Washed Jeans and Hairspray. (See Conan O'brian's Insulting Comic Dog Triumph takes on Bon Jovi)

Weezer: Well this would make a few of the girls I know very happy, but overall they just don't rock hard enough to be in rock and roller coaster....say it ain't so

I mean could you honestly pick 5 or 6 songs that would fit in a roller coaster environment? I've got all 4 album, and the master tracks from the 5t album to be released next year (gotta love IRC) and I cna't find more than 1 or 2 good tracks, and you gotta remember what their two biggest hits are

Dope Nose

and

Hash Pipe

Umm.....am I missing something......since when did Disney promote drugs? (or even appear to promote drugs, don't flame me about artistic intent)

Also U2 would work, but the problem is that U2 is very dramatic, they like to stretch songs out with long intros and outros

But I would love a few of these songs to make the cut

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride in the name of love (this one really works, i heard it on the crazy flip at the dade county youth fair)
Elevation
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me would also work
two hearts beat as one
bullet the blue sky
when love comes to town

but as you know even these would be weak for getting your heart pumping like the current aerosmith does. My vote is emphatically for Aerosmith to stay until the day disney does someting stupid like tearing down toad or WOM or Horizons

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Hurricane

Hit that one right on the head.

Bon Jovi wouldn't work, everyone would associate them with Acid Washed Jeans and Hairspray. (See Conan O'brian's Insulting Comic Dog Triumph takes on Bon Jovi)

Weezer: Well this would make a few of the girls I know very happy, but overall they just don't rock hard enough to be in rock and roller coaster....say it ain't so

I mean could you honestly pick 5 or 6 songs that would fit in a roller coaster environment? I've got all 4 album, and the master tracks from the 5t album to be released next year (gotta love IRC) and I cna't find more than 1 or 2 good tracks, and you gotta remember what their two biggest hits are

Dope Nose

and

Hash Pipe

Umm.....am I missing something......since when did Disney promote drugs? (or even appear to promote drugs, don't flame me about artistic intent)

Also U2 would work, but the problem is that U2 is very dramatic, they like to stretch songs out with long intros and outros

But I would love a few of these songs to make the cut

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride in the name of love (this one really works, i heard it on the crazy flip at the dade county youth fair)
Elevation
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me would also work
two hearts beat as one
bullet the blue sky
when love comes to town

but as you know even these would be weak for getting your heart pumping like the current aerosmith does. My vote is emphatically for Aerosmith to stay until the day disney does someting stupid like tearing down toad or WOM or Horizons

U2 would ROCK!
Bon Jovi would ROCK! (and even if "they aren't cool now" THEY STILL HAVE ROCKING SONGS)

What about Tom Petty?

Running Down A Dream
FreeFalling
BreakDown
American Girl
Refugee
Learning to Fly

leeocean

First of all, I am biased because Joe Perry lives up the street from my grandmother. But, Aerosmith is a legendary band that is extremely transgenerational. Old, young, freaks, geeks, and weirdos have all dug an Aerosmith song at one time or another. The only other band I would think are worthy of a ride is U2 - for the same reasons - extremely transgenerational and popular.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by leeocean
First of all, I am biased because Joe Perry lives up the street from my grandmother. But, Aerosmith is a legendary band that is extremely transgenerational. Old, young, freaks, geeks, and weirdos have all dug an Aerosmith song at one time or another. The only other band I would think are worthy of a ride is U2 - for the same reasons - extremely transgenerational and popular.

You've got that right about U2...

You have the hard stuff (New Year's Day)
The soft stuff (With or Without You)
The Techno Stuff (Discotheque)
The "Good drivin' stuff" (Where the Streets Have No Name)
The Weird stuff (Numb)

No band has changed there sound as much...U2 sounds different with EVERY album! (can't wait for the new one!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom