No fastpasses available today?

I wrote an email to wdw communications, then called their number. This is a different department at a different number. The CM on the phone sounded very knowledgeable. To people asking if you can do both FP+ and "legacy" FP the answer is no, not anymore. He said they just fixed that glitch in the system. All resort guests have the option to either do FP+ or "legacy" (paper) FP with the exception of Pop. Pop guests must do FP+ no exceptions. If you rather have the card versus wearing the band you can have the card but it will function just like the band, it will not let you get "legacy" FPs. Right now they are in testing till the end of the month. Once testing is done, probably Dec. 1st, the FP+ will be in place. From there all the other resorts will have it exclusively in place too by the end of January. At that point the "legacy" FP will be gone forever.

I told him I didn't think this new system would benefit park goers because we will be getting less FPs. He said their studies showed that the average park guest gets 2.7 FPs a day, that is why they picked 3. I guess we are not the "average" park guest as we get more than that. I mentioned how we cannot get a FP+ for both TT and Soarin, he didn't have an answer for that. He said that their studies have shown so far that FP+ have shortened wait times for both stand by and FP lines. His exact words were "wait times are dramatically faster". Has anyone who has been there in the last week or two seen that or is he wrong?

Oh, and he said that Pop CM cannot give you a regular card to work on the "legacy" FP machines even if they wanted to. The program to make those has been disabled.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I was at WDW last Monday thru Friday, and lines were next to nothing, so it wasn't a great time to judge whether FP+ had impacted the SB lines. I would assume that this coming week is when the s#@t is going to hit the fan. On Monday the 18th, at 6:30pm, legacy FP's at Soarin' were still available, with a return window of 7:20 to 8:20pm. SB was only 20 minutes long. The longest PPF line I saw last week was 15 minutes....It was a good week to be at WDW, in relation to crowd levels.

Last edited:

doctornick

I'm confused. We have our 3 FP+ reservations set up and have our wristbands for upcoming trip. We are annual passholders. Can we then use the FP kiosk with our AP holder card to get more fastpasses throughout the day, even though we are at the 3 limit?

Yes, you should be able to do that (and presumably will be able to do so as long as you have an AP with a megnetic strip or until paper FP goes away). Having FP+ doesn't impact paper FP use as all. What prevents someone with FP+ from drawing paper FP is if they don't have any sort of media with a magnetic strip that works in the FP machines (e.g. KTTW card with mag strip, AP, tickets from Undercover Tourist, etc.).

No. You get three FP+ selections, one park per day. Your AP passes will be linked to your magic band.

The AP will be linked to the magic band, but that would not prevent pulling of paper FP. It's no different than people who have been using their "backup" KTTW card to pull paper FP in addition to having FP+ reservations.

Yes, you should be able to do that (and presumably will be able to do so as long as you have an AP with a megnetic strip or until paper FP goes away). Having FP+ doesn't impact paper FP use as all. What prevents someone with FP+ from drawing paper FP is if they don't have any sort of media with a magnetic strip that works in the FP machines (e.g. KTTW card with mag strip, AP, tickets from Undercover Tourist, etc.).

The AP will be linked to the magic band, but that would not prevent pulling of paper FP. It's no different than people who have been using their "backup" KTTW card to pull paper FP in addition to having FP+ reservations.
I was told today by a CM in the department that manages this that they fixed that so that if you are using FP+ you cannot also get the paper FPs. If someone is there now or will be there in the next week please let us know if you are able to do both still. Maybe the CM was fibbing to make me feel better about having to do FP+ only at Pop when I told him everyone else is able to do both. I will say though he offered to move us to another resort so that we could do the paper FPs.

Tom Morrow

I assumed that the poster meant that using their AP ticket on a FP+ Kiosk instead of the magic band will give them 3 additional FP+ selections.

SSH

I was told today by a CM in the department that manages this that they fixed that so that if you are using FP+ you cannot also get the paper FPs. If someone is there now or will be there in the next week please let us know if you are able to do both still. Maybe the CM was fibbing to make me feel better about having to do FP+ only at Pop when I told him everyone else is able to do both. I will say though he offered to move us to another resort so that we could do the paper FPs.

Are you going to switch resorts?

Are you going to switch resorts?
No, we are going to stay at Pop. We always stay there and love it. Also since he told me that no one will be able to "double dip" anymore since they just fixed that I figure it is a bit more even now. Some guests at other resorts can chose to do FP+. If so they will be just like us, limited. And it sounds like guests that pick paper FP will be limited too as there are less to go around now with FP+. I just really don't like that at Epcot you really only get 1 FP+. Still we love Pop and only want to stay there.

Are you going to switch? You said you were going the first week of Dec. right? Please let us know how it goes. I am very curious to see how this affects wait times and FP availability.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Anyone up for a week in the Keys and a few Margaritas instead? :)

It does seem like a more relaxing option and probably cheaper too, Have a few drinks in the same bar Ernest Hemingway frequented and just enjoy the real Conch Republic. OKW is nice but the real thing sounds better to me now.

jrlbc06

OK, I just called. The CM said the only thing that is going on with Pop is that they are not giving out the cards, you have to use the bands. The bands can be waived in front of the machines with the paper FPs to get the paper FPs. So the only difference is you will have a band to wear versus a card to carry. Besides that we are in the same boat as everyone else. You can get FP+ and FP passes.

This was not the case in October. The FP machines are not set up to read the bands. You could wave your band in front of the FP+ kiosks to change those but you could absolutely not use a band to get a paper FP.

jrlbc06

Because I don't want any surprises when I show up at Pop, I called GS again. I got a third different story - that we can only do one or the other. So then I called Pop directly. The CM there told me - bands only for Pop only, that they have no way to print the cards there. Really!?!? I don't think so. I told her to please transfer me to the front desk (thinking maybe they would know if I could get the card). She transferred me to GS instead. I got a really nice older CM who told me that they can and will give you the card and band if you request it. She said the other day a guest demanded one at Pop and she got it. She said after safety, customer service is #1. So, if you ask, you can get both the band and card like every other resort. I am willing to test the new system but want the card as a backup as I don't want anything going wrong on our long awaited vacation. I know we will have to get a supervisor and they will probably have to call their supervisor but eventually we will be given both. Ok, I'm going to try and stop stressing about this now. :)) Just wanted to share what I learned to help others. I hope every one has a magical stay!

This is also not the case.

You can have a Key To The World card printed at POP. But it doesn't have FP privileges. It can only be used in place of the band for things that the KTTW card used to do around the hotel (charging, door key etc.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom