No fastpasses available today?

Jane Doe

This is what's incredibly frustrating. Disney has many people bent over a barrel right now in that they already have their money but those people may potentially get less than they were anticipating on their vacation. This is a lousy way to conduct business. I know that testing has to happen, but I think even the biggest pixie dust snorters amongst us have to at least recognize that what is being done is not equitable to all.

It's a reason why I have no intention of a trip over to Florida this January, there's not a chance of me wanting to experience less of 'more of the same'. With HP2 being up and running by January 2015 I'll more than likely be opting for a WDWless Florida holiday by adding BGT and SW to my usual Universal tickets. It will probably work out a lot cheaper too.

bad news for us POP guests: I just got off the phone with a CM in tech support two minutes ago - she said POP test has been extended...so POP guests will still be denied the privileges every other WDW resort guest is getting - i.e, able to use both FP and FP+systems. The extension came through last night...she was reading the advisory to me over the phone. So back to square one. So frustrating...I really don't mind the MB/FP+ testing if it was fairly handled across the board. I just dislike that POP guests are arbitrarily getting their privileges reduced over other value resort guests, while paying the same rates and without any compensation at all for the sacrifice. :(

Okay...will stop whining now and focus on the fun stuff instead. Have to remember this does not qualify as one of life's major problems! I actually feel a bit silly complaining at all.
Did she say how long it is being extended to? I am a bit frustrated here. Shouldn't Disney communicate this to guests before their arrival? I get plenty of emails from Disney and in none of them did they tell me that we would not be able to get any FPs from the machines, only from online through FP+. I was online today to get our FP+ passes scheduled and to my surprise for Epcot you can pick TT or Soarin - you cannot have both. Of the remaining 2 passes the selection are rides that are always walk on. Again, why didn't Disney communicate this to their guests? We easily are able to get 2 FPs for TT and 2 FPs for Soarin hustling to the machines at the parks and were happy with that. Not happy spending more every year for our annual trips and now getting half the amount or rides or even less each day of our trip. I will be calling them tomorrow about this.

bad news for us POP guests: I just got off the phone with a CM in tech support two minutes ago - she said POP test has been extended...so POP guests will still be denied the privileges every other WDW resort guest is getting - i.e, able to use both FP and FP+systems. The extension came through last night...she was reading the advisory to me over the phone. So back to square one. So frustrating...I really don't mind the MB/FP+ testing if it was fairly handled across the board. I just dislike that POP guests are arbitrarily getting their privileges reduced over other value resort guests, while paying the same rates and without any compensation at all for the sacrifice. :(

Okay...will stop whining now and focus on the fun stuff instead. Have to remember this does not qualify as one of life's major problems! I actually feel a bit silly complaining at all.
OK, I just called. The CM said the only thing that is going on with Pop is that they are not giving out the cards, you have to use the bands. The bands can be waived in front of the machines with the paper FPs to get the paper FPs. So the only difference is you will have a band to wear versus a card to carry. Besides that we are in the same boat as everyone else. You can get FP+ and FP passes.

John

OK....I just got off the phone with Disney........ I haven't seen this discussed as of yet but CM using a main gate pass can not make ANY FP+ reservations. I am extremely grateful to get a sizeable discount with her pass but I have to say that this leaves me at a sizeable disadvantage when I get to the park. Thank God I will still have access to the legacy FP. Looks like they are trying to squeeze the CM too. My frustration is that I am staying on property also...but yes that too is heavily discounted.....Oh well. I am sure I wont get much sympathy here....nor do I ask for any:) What they have told me is that in future trips if I want to participate in FP+ I will have to buy a regular priced park ticket. :jawdrop:

Because I don't want any surprises when I show up at Pop, I called GS again. I got a third different story - that we can only do one or the other. So then I called Pop directly. The CM there told me - bands only for Pop only, that they have no way to print the cards there. Really!?!? I don't think so. I told her to please transfer me to the front desk (thinking maybe they would know if I could get the card). She transferred me to GS instead. I got a really nice older CM who told me that they can and will give you the card and band if you request it. She said the other day a guest demanded one at Pop and she got it. She said after safety, customer service is #1. So, if you ask, you can get both the band and card like every other resort. I am willing to test the new system but want the card as a backup as I don't want anything going wrong on our long awaited vacation. I know we will have to get a supervisor and they will probably have to call their supervisor but eventually we will be given both. Ok, I'm going to try and stop stressing about this now. :)) Just wanted to share what I learned to help others. I hope every one has a magical stay!

Tom Morrow

OK, I just called. The CM said the only thing that is going on with Pop is that they are not giving out the cards, you have to use the bands. The bands can be waived in front of the machines with the paper FPs to get the paper FPs. So the only difference is you will have a band to wear versus a card to carry. Besides that we are in the same boat as everyone else. You can get FP+ and FP passes.
Dunno why the CM would say this - the legacy machines have no RFID readers in them whatsoever. You need a valid ticket with a magnetic strip.

JimboJones123

Because I don't want any surprises when I show up at Pop, I called GS again. I got a third different story - that we can only do one or the other. So then I called Pop directly. The CM there told me - bands only for Pop only, that they have no way to print the cards there. Really!?!? I don't think so. I told her to please transfer me to the front desk (thinking maybe they would know if I could get the card). She transferred me to GS instead. I got a really nice older CM who told me that they can and will give you the card and band if you request it. She said the other day a guest demanded one at Pop and she got it. She said after safety, customer service is #1. So, if you ask, you can get both the band and card like every other resort. I am willing to test the new system but want the card as a backup as I don't want anything going wrong on our long awaited vacation. I know we will have to get a supervisor and they will probably have to call their supervisor but eventually we will be given both. Ok, I'm going to try and stop stressing about this now. :)) Just wanted to share what I learned to help others. I hope every one has a magical stay!

This is worse than the DAS roll out if Disney is going to bend over backwards to break the rules that they set up just because somebody has a hissy over it.

Strange strange things are afoot at the Mouse these days. Can they uninstall the seat bar on Splash for me every ride if I fuss enough about it?

donsullivan

Premium Member
I have to be honest, I'm really disappointed by all of the guests and their aggressive efforts to double-dip the FastPass system. Some of us like Annual Passholders have been determined by Disney to still be ineligible for FP+ and therefore can only use the legacy FastPass system. Those of you who are double-dipping the systems are making it even harder for us to get the limited number of day-of Fastpasses still available just because you feel entitled to find a way to use both systems at once.

Bairstow

I have to be honest, I'm really disappointed by all of the guests and their aggressive efforts to double-dip the FastPass system. Some of us like Annual Passholders have been determined by Disney to still be ineligible for FP+ and therefore can only use the legacy FastPass system. Those of you who are double-dipping the systems are making it even harder for us to get the limited number of day-of Fastpasses still available just because you feel entitled to find a way to use both systems at once.

It's not illegal, or even against Disney's rules, so why would this behavior disappoint you?
Also, consider things from their perspective: It is probably very difficult for a family that is only able to come to Disney for a couple days every 3-4 years or so to feel pity about riding as many rides as possible at the possible expense of someone who has the location and money to get an all-year-long Disney pass.

SSH

I understand what you're saying and would be fine with complying if ALL WDW resorts were held to the same restrictions - use one system or the other. What bothers me - and maybe others at POP, (not meaning to speak for other guests), is that we were singled out as the only resort with this restriction and given no notice of that before booking. When a resort puts new mandates in place changing the guest experience, refurbs an area, has construction, etc, shouldn't they post something on the website or tell reps, so guests can make an informed choice? Pop sneaked this in. I don't think too many guests who have visited DW before would have booked at Pop knowing this restriction.

donsullivan

Premium Member
It's not illegal, or even against Disney's rules, so why would this behavior disappoint you?
Also, consider things from their perspective: It is probably very difficult for a family that is only able to come to Disney for a couple days every 3-4 years or so to feel pity about riding as many rides as possible at the possible expense of someone who has the location and money to get an all-year-long Disney pass.

So using your theory, where does the family who couldn't afford to stay at a Disney resort but instead are staying with family in the area, or at a hotel along 192 fit into this? They are only eligible for FP+. Unfortunately with the introduction of FP+ (only available to Disney hotel guests) there is a rapidly declining number of day-of fast passes available. Add to that the FP+ eligible guests double-dipping into that reduced pool of legacy FP and there are very few FP's left for day-of guests. Is it appropriate for them to have an otherwise reduced visit experience because someone eligible for FP+ decided to take FP from the day-of pool as well reducing the number available to the off property guest?

Last edited:

SSH

Horizons 19: thank you for your diligent followup calls. I hope this works out for you. I'm usually not someone who is assertive enough to stand in a reservations line and insist to talk to the supervisor, their supervisor, etc, with everyone else in line behind me...so I'll probably just stay with FP+ vs fighting this any longer. But just a possible tip about what that nice older CM told you: I was also told POP will gladly hand out a card to any guest that specifically asks - but that those cards are programmed NOT to work in FP paper machines. They only get you into the park and your room. (Maybe the CM you spoke with knows about a different card...but given that every CM is saying something different the past few weeks, I have to wonder.)

wogwog

Horizons 19: thank you for your diligent followup calls. I hope this works out for you. I'm usually not someone who is assertive enough to stand in a reservations line and insist to talk to the supervisor, their supervisor, etc, with everyone else in line behind me...so I'll probably just stay with FP+ vs fighting this any longer. But just a possible tip about what that nice older CM told you: I was also told POP will gladly hand out a card to any guest that specifically asks - but that those cards are programmed NOT to work in FP paper machines. They only get you into the park and your room. (Maybe the CM you spoke with knows about a different card...but given that every CM is saying something different the past few weeks, I have to wonder.)
Correct. The card being given to complaining guests gets no paper fast pass. It does not even have a magnetic strip. You think the system is bad now wait until off site visitors and locals have access to FP minus. Today, as usual, Toy Story was out of FP papper shortly after the rope drop.

RSoxNo1

Not true.

Not true.
I have come to realize that I will not know what is going on till we are there. Every CM had something different to say. One admitted that no one knows what is going on right now. All I want is my card and the ability to hustle around the parks and get our FP paper passes. I want our trip as usual. I have never been a fan of FP+ and wonder why they are doing it. I never wanted the bands or to reserve FP+ but was thinking I would show up not being allowed to get FPs and have no FP+ in place either. What really upsets me is that only our resort is having to do FP+ only, while everyone else at the parks can continue to get the paper FPs. I also agree that Disney should have informed their guests of this in some way as this will, at least for us, dramatically decrease the amount of rides we will be able to go on and for my family that is why were are there - for the rides. Also, what happens to the Pop resort guest that shows up not knowing about this? They are then informed they have to go online to book their FP+ passes for their entire trip at check in or have no FPs? What if they did not bring a laptop? Will they be waiting in line at the resorts computer to book everything with a hundred other irritated guests? Won't they have a ton of upset guests? And, also people can't even get paper FP at the parks arriving first thing in the morning for certain rides?? Again, I am wondering what the benefit to anyone FP+ will have. I agree with other members - they should have put that money into more rides not changing a system that ( I felt ) was working.

YankeeMouse

I'm confused. We have our 3 FP+ reservations set up and have our wristbands for upcoming trip. We are annual passholders. Can we then use the FP kiosk with our AP holder card to get more fastpasses throughout the day, even though we are at the 3 limit?

bcalltimandanna

I'm confused. We have our 3 FP+ reservations set up and have our wristbands for upcoming trip. We are annual passholders. Can we then use the FP kiosk with our AP holder card to get more fastpasses throughout the day, even though we are at the 3 limit?
Yes. This has worked for me in the past. Will report back after our mid December trip!

Tom Morrow

No. You get three FP+ selections, one park per day. Your AP passes will be linked to your magic band.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom