No fastpasses available today?

Nemo14

Well, to be honest, I was talking about myself which is primarily why I started it with "just a personal thought here". Honestly, if someone wants so spend hours standing in line to experience about 4 minutes playing an over-sized video game, I can think of no reason why I would care. And I don't. I am and was saying that I, that's me, not someone else, would not do it. And because I feel that way, I don't understand why anyone would. I accept that obviously they do, but just because it happens doesn't mean that I think it is worthwhile. But, that does apply to everything. I have stated before and I will state again that there has never been a theme park attraction that, in my opinion, justifies hours of wait time.
My personal opinion here too - I have done TSM 3 or 4 times now, and I have to agree that I don't see why anyone would wait that long for it, but to each his own. I do think though that there are probably a couple of reasons why people do:
1.) It's one of the very few "family" rides in DHS that all ages can enjoy
2.) Getting a FP for it has become the "in" thing to do - a must-do if you're cool at all
3.) It's newer.

orky8

My personal opinion here too - I have done TSM 3 or 4 times now, and I have to agree that I don't see why anyone would wait that long for it, but to each his own. I do think though that there are probably a couple of reasons why people do:
1.) It's one of the very few "family" rides in DHS that all ages can enjoy
2.) Getting a FP for it has become the "in" thing to do - a must-do if you're cool at all
3.) It's newer.

Because you just spend $7k on a family vacation and there are no other attractions at DHS that appeal to families with young children, so you wait, because what else are you going to do anyway, go to Magic Kingdom, again?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well, to be honest, I was talking about myself which is primarily why I started it with "just a personal thought here"

It read as 'your opinion'... which wasn't limited to you.

I have stated before and I will state again that there has never been a theme park attraction that, in my opinion, justifies hours of wait time.

Then I really have no idea how you've been visiting Disney all these years unless you only visit in the offseason. Because from fireworks, to parades, to shows, to attractions... a hour wait/setup is quite common. Be it funneling into the F! theater, to Space Mountain... 60mins is not extreme in the Disney scale.

Goofyernmost

Because you just spend $7k on a family vacation and there are no other attractions at DHS that appeal to families with young children, so you wait, because what else are you going to do anyway, go to Magic Kingdom, again?
Spend 7K and go someplace else. The seashore, the mountains, a cruise... the list is endless.

flynnibus

Premium Member
DLR absolutely enforces FP return times.

I thought they were now enforcing return times at DLR? I haven't been recently, but that changed earlier this year (maybe in the March to May time period) about a year after WDW changed.

Sorry, looks like I was behind. It was rumored numerous times since WDW did it and didn't come to be.. but looks like this spring they finally 'took the plunge'. And look.. the world didn't implode! Maybe that should be a sign for people that think 'this will never work at DLR!' - they said the same thing about return times :)

Goofyernmost

It read as 'your opinion'... which wasn't limited to you.

Then I really have no idea how you've been visiting Disney all these years unless you only visit in the offseason. Because from fireworks, to parades, to shows, to attractions... a hour wait/setup is quite common. Be it funneling into the F! theater, to Space Mountain... 60mins is not extreme in the Disney scale.
It's simple really, I don't line up for parades or fireworks. I have always been able to find a place, maybe three rows back for parades in places where most don't want to go too. Don't know why, they are perfectly good spots, just not popular. Fireworks? Just stand anywhere and look up. Shows more of a matter of timing. Not intentional but I always seem to go to them when the crowds are light. Fantasmic, I've been to it once and liked it but not enough to do it again. I spent about 30 minutes in line and then sat on those rock hard benches for another 45 minutes. Glad I saw it once, but, I find no need to ever do it again. And, foremost, you are absolutely correct. I only go during off season. You couldn't force me at gunpoint to be there in the summer. Yes, my children are all grown up, but even when they weren't we went during the extended break for mid-winter. (end of February, early March). The weather has always been great and the crowds are quite manageable. However, that still follows suit. Nothing in my mind, is worth waiting for, that is why I go during off-season.

I should probably change my wording slightly to say that I will not "knowingly" spend that much time in a line. I did it once on Soarin. That was because when I entered the line it said 20 minutes. By the time I had invested that much time and I was only about 2/3rds up the line I decided that I might just as well wait, because by the time I fought my way back out the line and then returned later, I would have used up the same amount of time then if I just stayed in it. It ended up being 70 minutes from entry to ride. If it had said 70 minutes at the beginning I would have just skipped it and, perhaps, come back later.

Barefoot Girl

Can any recent travelers comment on lines during Extra Magic Hours? We have a trip planned in December. We've made a few FP+ reservations. In the event, there's a problem with those I want to have a back-up plan...like run like a mad-women to TSM when the rope drops to try to get at least one FP for that ride, or simply wait until there are EMH!

JimboJones123

Sorin and Test Track FP gone before 10 The holiday crowd is not even at a full push yet. It is actually kinda quiet at Epcot today so far too.

Why is there not a 3rd Sorin theater?

fosse76

Sorry, looks like I was behind. It was rumored numerous times since WDW did it and didn't come to be.. but looks like this spring they finally 'took the plunge'. And look.. the world didn't implode! Maybe that should be a sign for people that think 'this will never work at DLR!' - they said the same thing about return times :)
I have been finding airfare to LAX that is only slightly more than to Orlando, so I've spent most of the last two years taking trips to DLR rather than WDW. If I recall, they started transitioning in February...still accepting FPs past their time, but giving warnings that they aren't accepted late (they had signs above the FP distribution machines). When I went in June, it had completely transitioned to no late FPs...though I think they implemented it earlier than that (I can't remember).

JimboJones123

Sorin' FP line backed up to the menus at Sunshine Seasons.

It is 10-15 minute wait just to scan your magic bands before entering the queue. Did anybody bother to think that it takes at least 10 seconds to scan each one and they may need more than 2?

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Sorin and Test Track FP gone before 10 The holiday crowd is not even at a full push yet. It is actually kinda quiet at Epcot today so far too.

Why is there not a 3rd Sorin theater?
Epcot has a capacity and demand issue, but a third Soarin' theater isn't the ideal answer. New D and E-tickets that they should have been building all this time is.

Soarin' is the most overrated ride in the history of theme parks. I'd actually be kind of ed if they wasted money on a third theater rather than a new attraction.

Goofyernmost

Epcot has a capacity and demand issue, but a third Soarin' theater isn't the ideal answer. New D and E-tickets that they should have been building all this time is.

Soarin' is the most overrated ride in the history of theme parks. I'd actually be kind of ed if they wasted money on a third theater rather than a new attraction.
I wouldn't exactly say overrated nor would, judging by the lines, I say that the majority feel that way. Overrated in your personal opinion, OK, but it is fun, breezy and different then other rides at WDW. A third theater is needed even if they added new attractions. It is a very popular, must see, ride for many, many people, yourself excluded.

I know this because I am one that felt that Toad was the most overrated, waste of space that Disney ever produced. It was a fun house ride found at every roadside carnival ever in existence. Yet, look that the numbers that are still in mourning over its departure.

asianway

I wouldn't exactly say overrated nor would, judging by the lines, I say that the majority feel that way. Overrated in your personal opinion, OK, but it is fun, breezy and different then other rides at WDW. A third theater is needed even if they added new attractions. It is a very popular, must see, ride for many, many people, yourself excluded.
Two theaters are more than enough in a park with other high demand things to do, you need look no further than DCA

Goofyernmost

Two theaters are more than enough in a park with other high demand things to do, you need look no further than DCA
In DCA it was dead from the beginning. Why stand in line to see something that can be seen driving down the road. It would be like standing in line to see pictures of the inside of your house. In Florida, it is a novelty and the only thing really keeping Epcot alive right now.

space42

In DCA it was dead from the beginning. Why stand in line to see something that can be seen driving down the road. It would be like standing in line to see pictures of the inside of your house. In Florida, it is a novelty and the only thing really keeping Epcot alive right now.
If Soarin' had been part of the EPCOT Center lineup from '83 - '98 it would have had similar lines as DCA. Compared to the roster of high quality attractions it would have been a filler attraction similar to the other 'film-based' attractions like circle-vison. I still find it hard to believe people wait 90+ minutes for it. Then again - I also find it hard to believe what a mess the current state of EPCOT's attraction lineup is.

Tom Morrow

I know this because I am one that felt that Toad was the most overrated, waste of space that Disney ever produced. It was a fun house ride found at every roadside carnival ever in existence. Yet, look that the numbers that are still in mourning over its departure.
Its a fine ride, but I meant that the consistently ridiculous lines in no way correlate to it's quality. At DCA, where there are many big draw attractions, Soarin' is almost an afterthought. I would love to see the rumored HD upgrades or the rumored "around the world" film replace the California film. A third theater would help lines, but I can't think of a logical way to add it to the existing building, and that would only be a band-aid fix on Epcot's crowd demand issue.

wogwog

Update for today 11/27. Toy Story. FP gone a few minutes after opening unless you want one for 10 PM, yes PM. Standby is 120. No I am not in attendance, I just like to watch the wheels falling off the plan.

Added item, the following statement is part of a message directing cast members to tell the guests who ask questions about FP shared with me today by a cast member.

Guest: Can I get FASTPASS tickets if I am participating in MyMagic+?

Cast: To provide the best possible experience for all Guests at our theme parks, we ask Guests participating in MyMagic+ to use Disney FastPass+ service exclusively. We appreciate your understanding during our test-and-adjust period." This is a small part of a thirty page booklet being given to all cast, not just Guest Relations, as a reference guide since the program is performing so poorly.

So this is the current solution to a "known issue". Very high tech indeed.

"

flynnibus

Premium Member
Soarin is a great punching bag for some but it's because they fail to look at the sum of the parts vs them individually. The attraction is a roaring success (on both coasts) and resonates with many guests in ways most attractions can't . Come on... People get off applauding!

It's misunderstood by many armchair imagineers and armchair execs.

The redonkulus lines at Epcot are because of Epcot - put its popularity and continued draw are because it's an incredible blend of emotion tugging elements.

SSH

Guest: Can I get FASTPASS tickets if I am participating in MyMagic+?
Cast: To provide the best possible experience for all Guests at our theme parks, we ask Guests participating in MyMagic+ to use Disney FastPass+ service exclusively. We appreciate your understanding during our test-and-adjust period." This is a small part of a thirty page booklet being given to all cast, not just Guest Relations, as a reference guide since the program is performing so poorly.

So I wonder how this will end up in actual execution this week? If someone dares to use their KTTW card or paper tic to get a FP and are a resort guest with a band, will they be stopped from doing so? Do they need to slip bands into their pocket before going to FP machine or through FP line to be safe? And will they still give out extra FPs to compensate complaining guests from POP who just realized what they're in for?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom