No fastpasses available today?

wogwog

So I wonder how this will end up in actual execution this week? If someone dares to use their KTTW card or paper tic to get a FP and are a resort guest with a band, will they be stopped from doing so? Do they need to slip bands into their pocket before going to FP machine or through FP line to be safe? And will they still give out extra FPs to compensate complaining guests from POP who just realized what they're in for?
It should be a fun week. But Burbank will claim they fixed a known glitch on the punch list.

I look forward to reading the other 29 pages of the cast guide booklet.

asianway

So I wonder how this will end up in actual execution this week? If someone dares to use their KTTW card or paper tic to get a FP and are a resort guest with a band, will they be stopped from doing so? Do they need to slip bands into their pocket before going to FP machine or through FP line to be safe? And will they still give out extra FPs to compensate complaining guests from POP who just realized what they're in for?
Ask the Rapidfill(tm) VP - Im sure he has an idea how to curb the abuse

SSH

It should be a fun week. But Burbank will claim they fixed a known glitch on the punch list. I look forward to reading the other 29 pages of the cast guide booklet.

I really hope we get a few updates today through Friday from the battlefield...oops...I mean parks. I'm checking in Sat myself, but not in the parks until Mon.

I really hope we get a few updates today through Friday from the battlefield...oops...I mean parks. I'm checking in Sat myself, but not in the parks until Mon.
I am hoping to hear more too. Am also reading posts from another fan site as well. BTW, have you tried to change any of your FP+ passes online at all? When I do it messes the day up. Then when I try to go in to fix it it shows what I set up on that page only. So I have no idea what will be the set up when I get there - what I chose or the messed up version. Their system stinks!

Goofyernmost

False. When SoC opened in 2001, it was easily the best and most popular ride. I remember wait times in the 120+ minute area, and it stayed that way for years. It wasn't until maybe 2006 or maybe a little later when the wait times started to decrease.
I'll yield to your experiences. I was there in November 2005 and at that time, I rode it twice and it was a walk on both times.

doctornick

I'll yield to your experiences. I was there in November 2005 and at that time, I rode it twice and it was a walk on both times.

I was in DCA in summer 2012 (post-Cars attendance spike) and I remember seeing it 45-60 minutes mid-day. Enough that I got FP to do the ride because I was not going to wait.

One thing that is worth noting is not only does DCA have more rides than Epcot, but pre-Cars Land, the attendence was far less as well. That's obviously going to impact the wait times significantly as well since there are fewer people to spread out among the park options.

SSH

BTW, have you tried to change any of your FP+ passes online at all? When I do it messes the day up. Then when I try to go in to fix it it shows what I set up on that page only. So I have no idea what will be the set up when I get there - what I chose or the messed up version. Their system stinks!

Sorry you're having more frustration. I actually didn't have a problem changing FP+ parks, attractions and times yesterday. System seemed to accept them. But I did experience many error screens in the past weeks, just trying to set up names, link resort reservations and even add a simple text note to a particular day, so I sympathize. About the only consistent thing the merry parade of CMs I spoke with along this wonderful journey said was that MDE is very buggy right now and when (notice they didn't say "if") you get an error, it's best to just exit and try again. Lose all your FP+ in the process? I guess that's just part of the "experience."

(I wonder if one of the data points WDW will study is the sheer increase in adult beverages consumed during this test period...I know I'll be hitting the bar a little more often this trip.)

JimboJones123

Coast to Coasters get magicbands at check in, but cannot make reservations until they have entered the park for the day. They simply cannot be linked to the MyDisneyExperience app or online.

So, your best customers, who visit both coasts regularly, get squeezed out.

You stay classy WDW.

JimboJones123

I was in DCA in summer 2012 (post-Cars attendance spike) and I remember seeing it 45-60 minutes mid-day. Enough that I got FP to do the ride because I was not going to wait.

One thing that is worth noting is not only does DCA have more rides than Epcot, but pre-Cars Land, the attendence was far less as well. That's obviously going to impact the wait times significantly as well since there are fewer people to spread out among the park options.
DCA has as many rides as Epcot and AK combined.

Longhairbear

In DCA it was dead from the beginning. Why stand in line to see something that can be seen driving down the road. It would be like standing in line to see pictures of the inside of your house. In Florida, it is a novelty and the only thing really keeping Epcot alive right now.
That's not true, Soaring was the most popular attraction when DCA opened, and that took management by surprise. I know that for a fact.

flynnibus

Premium Member

in 2005 - one could have said that for virtually all of DCA. During that period they couldn't retain anyone in the park for any length of time.. they'd come over do what they want, and head right back to DL.

Sorry you're having more frustration. I actually didn't have a problem changing FP+ parks, attractions and times yesterday. System seemed to accept them. But I did experience many error screens in the past weeks, just trying to set up names, link resort reservations and even add a simple text note to a particular day, so I sympathize. About the only consistent thing the merry parade of CMs I spoke with along this wonderful journey said was that MDE is very buggy right now and when (notice they didn't say "if") you get an error, it's best to just exit and try again. Lose all your FP+ in the process? I guess that's just part of the "experience."

(I wonder if one of the data points WDW will study is the sheer increase in adult beverages consumed during this test period...I know I'll be hitting the bar a little more often this trip.)
Yes, I think the Rose & Crown Pub at the UK will be quite busy! :))

Just thought I would mention, I am hearing a lot on other fan sites how the bands didn't always work. I am going to request to get the cards too as back up. The cards will do everything the bands can do from what I hear (not get any paper FPs of course). Just in case we have trouble getting into the room, parks or rides like others have. You might want to ask for them too just in case. I also plan on calling the resort again to double check to make sure they can give us them still. Hopefully I get a more pleasant CM this time.

Tom Morrow

Soarin is a great punching bag for some but it's because they fail to look at the sum of the parts vs them individually. The attraction is a roaring success (on both coasts) and resonates with many guests in ways most attractions can't . Come on... People get off applauding!

It's misunderstood by many armchair imagineers and armchair execs.

The redonkulus lines at Epcot are because of Epcot - put its popularity and continued draw are because it's an incredible blend of emotion tugging elements.
I feel like its mostly the musical score. But I guess its true that Soarin' is unique. I don't think there's any other E-ticket where the draw is that its soothing and calming.

RSoxNo1

DCA has as many rides as Epcot and AK combined.
34 rides at Disneyland
23 rides at MK
21 rides at DCA (Noting that Paradise Pier and A Bug's Land pad these numbers with A tickets)
11 rides at Epcot (This includes Sum of all Thrills, but not the Friendship Launches)
7 rides at DAK (This includes the train)
6 rides at DHS

There are more rides in Disneyland's Tomorrowland (8) then are in DAK or DHS.

RonAnnArbor

This is an old thread so I thought I would just point out to those folks picking up now...
As of last week there are STILL regular fastpasses available for all of the mentioned rides. If you arrive during Early Entry, they do not start regular fastpass distribution until the park "officially" opens at 9:00 am.

RichRobby

Just found this thread / forum.
We are off to Orlando next week and I have my 2 WDW tickets from 1992. They are 4 day passes with 2 days left. Of course they are very old but there is no expiry date on them. They were for 'All Three Parks' back then.

Does anyone think I will be able to use them or are they more valuable as museum pieces?

Attachments

• wdwphoto.JPG
    wdwphoto.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 115

Bolt

We are off to Orlando next week and I have my 2 WDW tickets from 1992. They are 4 day passes with 2 days left. Of course they are very old but there is no expiry date on them. They were for 'All Three Parks' back then.

Does anyone think I will be able to use them or are they more valuable as museum pieces?
Not really the right thread at all. But yes, they will.

ABQ

Welcome to the forum.

Certainly they will honor them (wonder if they'd let you into the Animal Kingdom with them though?...) But I'd keep them, as they're pretty cool as is. Of course, it'll save you a few bucks if you do use them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom