No fastpasses available today?

stevehousse

Just a side note on this topic, of course one of the gas stations I stopped at outside the gates asked if I was going to Disney! I said of course! He goes on to tell em if I have any unused days, to come back and sell them our tickets! I told him I have a magic band an I don't have physical tickets! He looked dumbfounded and ticked while I just smiled and kinda chuckled! Lots of these little ticket resellers will really be biting the dust with Disney now that most guests won't even have real park tickets anymore! ;)

muteki

Just a side note on this topic, of course one of the gas stations I stopped at outside the gates asked if I was going to Disney! I said of course! He goes on to tell em if I have any unused days, to come back and sell them our tickets! I told him I have a magic band an I don't have physical tickets! He looked dumbfounded and ticked while I just smiled and kinda chuckled! Lots of these little ticket resellers will really be biting the dust with Disney now that most guests won't even have real park tickets anymore! ;)
You do have a physical ticket, it is your band. You could just as easily sell the bands to the guy with leftover days on your account.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If I book a 7 day trip and have to leave for an emergency after 3 days, I should be entitled to resell the remainder to recoup some of my lost money

If you had an emergency - you are in a special case. But we know that is not what happens 99.99% of the time so it's really a non-factor here. People were doing it to be cheap and to profit. No one was renting tickets to be good samaritans.

I currently do not see the difference if someone else uses the remaining days. Disney still gets their money and probably more on misc purchases by a person using the remaining ticket.

Because Disney doesn't get their money - they LOST money when two different people split a multi-day ticket. You can try to dream up all kinds of justifications - but its plainly clear that it's against the intended use, its against the terms of sale, and people were making businesses out of profiting out of black market ticket selling.

Tigger1988

You do have a physical ticket, it is your band. You could just as easily sell the bands to the guy with leftover days on your account.
Considering the band can be deactivated (and tickets themselves unlinked) at any moment, by you, the guy would be an idiot to pay for one. Not to mention unlike a physical ticket nothing is actually stored ON the band.

I just called and spoke to a CM who asked a supervisor with their technical team in charge of Fast Pass +. They said that the band only thing ends today at Pop. It was only a test. We can still use the card to get our fast passes like usual or we can do that and add the band to add 3 Fast Pass + passes a day. They said the card and the band are not linked. I asked her three times if that was correct that we can do both card and bands to get fast passes and she said that is what the supervisor said. Should I believe this and go online to get the FP+ bands and passes or are they wrong and I will be stuck with just those 3 FP+ passes a day? We hustle on our trips and can get at least 6 FP's a day. We prefer the old way. :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I just called and spoke to a CM who asked a supervisor with their technical team in charge of Fast Pass +. They said that the band only thing ends today at Pop. It was only a test. We can still use the card to get our fast passes like usual or we can do that and add the band to add 3 Fast Pass + passes a day. They said the card and the band are not linked. I asked her three times if that was correct that we can do both card and bands to get fast passes and she said that is what the supervisor said. Should I believe this and go online to get the FP+ bands and passes or are they wrong and I will be stuck with just those 3 FP+ passes a day? We hustle on our trips and can get at least 6 FP's a day. We prefer the old way. :)
The card will function for regular FP (as long as it still exists) AND for FP+ (by tapping the poles). The band will only work for FP+.

They are, however, both "linked" to your MyDisneyExperience.

The card will function for regular FP (as long as it still exists) AND for FP+ (by tapping the poles). The band will only work for FP+.

They are, however, both "linked" to your MyDisneyExperience.
I have two questions:
1. Can we indeed pre book 3 passes per day online before our trip, then when we are there get additional passes during the day with our card like we usually do without being limited because of the additional 3 passes we already prebooked?
2. Sounds like if we don't like wearing the bands we can just use the card?

Thanks! :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I have two questions:
1. Can we indeed pre book 3 passes per day online before our trip, then when we are there get additional passes during the day with our card like we usually do without being limited because of the additional 3 passes we already prebooked?

1) You can prebook your FP+ online before your trip, and then utilize those reservations AS WELL AS use the current FP system. The current system is not tied to the FP+ system. So, you can use them in conjunction. I rather like this setup, because I was able to paper fastpass many rides, while tentpoling my day with the FP+ rides I KNEW we wanted to do. But, I'm not sure how long they are going to keep the older system up and running.

The bands are not compatible with the older system. You must have a card.

2) Yep. That's exactly how it works.

RSoxNo1

Just sounds greedy to me. If I book a 7 day trip and have to leave for an emergency after 3 days, I should be entitled to resell the remainder to recoup some of my lost money. I currently do not see the difference if someone else uses the remaining days. Disney still gets their money and probably more on misc purchases by a person using the remaining ticket.
The first 4 days of your ticket cost you $279, the last 3 days cost you $30.
Disney would much rather sell you a 4 day pass at $279 and the other person a 3 day pass at $262.

1) You can prebook your FP+ online before your trip, and then utilize those reservations AS WELL AS use the current FP system. The current system is not tied to the FP+ system. So, you can use them in conjunction. I rather like this setup, because I was able to paper fastpass many rides, while tentpoling my day with the FP+ rides I KNEW we wanted to do. But, I'm not sure how long they are going to keep the older system up and running.

The bands are not compatible with the older system. You must have a card.

2) Yep. That's exactly how it works.
Thanks for letting me know. That sounds really great, for this trip anyway. I sure hope that when it's only the FP+ that they let you get more than 3 a day.

SSH

They said that the band only thing ends today at Pop. It was only a test. We can still use the card to get our fast passes like usual or we can do that and add the band to add 3 Fast Pass + passes a day.

OMG...that would be awesome if it were true: Horizons19...were you able to confirm that with anyone else or did anyone else hear this? I was on the phone with magic band tech support several times this week, as late as 3pm Fri afternoon and asked them several times if there was any way to use FP along with FP+ and they kept saying no. Pop was excluded. I've been trying to switch resorts all week because I didn't want to get stuck with just FP+, but would much rather stay at POP. If it's true, I owe you BIG time for posting that. :):) :)

ratherbeinwdw

I have two questions:

I used a lanyard. I put the card in the plastic sleeve and snapped the band on the lanyard. It was very easy to hold the card or band up to the posts, doors, or handheld devices without any awkward movements. The band never came loose on it's on. If you have children you are afraid will play with the band and loose it, simply put a piece of string through one of the snap holes and tie it to the lanyard. My wrist is very small, but the colored section was tight and the other area made it too loose, so I snapped it on the lanyard. It worked great for me. It was also easy to take off it I did want to put it on for any reason or to hand to the gate cm to get back into our resort. They used the reader on it every time we entered even though we had a parking pass on the dash.

Goofyernmost

OMG...that would be awesome if it were true: Horizons19...were you able to confirm that with anyone else or did anyone else hear this? I was on the phone with magic band tech support several times this week, as late as 3pm Fri afternoon and asked them several times if there was any way to use FP along with FP+ and they kept saying no. Pop was excluded. I've been trying to switch resorts all week because I didn't want to get stuck with just FP+, but would much rather stay at POP. If it's true, I owe you BIG time for posting that. :):) :)
As usual, with the public, they will see what is happening and close their eyes to what is planned. Both FP and FP+ are operating at the moment. The plan is, and therefore the test at POP, to have just FP+ when this transition actually takes place. Right now the old system has to stay on line because so many people are not able to participate in the NextGen program completely. Don't get too excited about the prospect of FP and an additional 3 FP+ in the long haul. Classic FP will be gone and all that will be left is FP+ and it's possible 3 (maybe) per day. Enjoy it while it is available though.

SSH

As usual, with the public, they will see what is happening and close their eyes to what is planned. Both FP and FP+ are operating at the moment. The plan is, and therefore the test at POP, to have just FP+ when this transition actually takes place. Right now the old system has to stay on line because so many people are not able to participate in the NextGen program completely. Don't get too excited about the prospect of FP and an additional 3 FP+ in the long haul. Classic FP will be gone and all that will be left is FP+ and it's possible 3 (maybe) per day. Enjoy it while it is available though.

You're absolutely right: but if I can enjoy at least 1 more trip next week with FP before they take it away completely, I'm thrilled. It's more than I had as of yesterday. It bummed me out that all other WDW resort guests had FP as backup and my bad luck at choosing POP was going to limit that. I wonder if a lot of people were changing their reservations.

SSH

bad news for us POP guests: I just got off the phone with a CM in tech support two minutes ago - she said POP test has been extended...so POP guests will still be denied the privileges every other WDW resort guest is getting - i.e, able to use both FP and FP+systems. The extension came through last night...she was reading the advisory to me over the phone. So back to square one. So frustrating...I really don't mind the MB/FP+ testing if it was fairly handled across the board. I just dislike that POP guests are arbitrarily getting their privileges reduced over other value resort guests, while paying the same rates and without any compensation at all for the sacrifice. :(

Okay...will stop whining now and focus on the fun stuff instead. Have to remember this does not qualify as one of life's major problems! I actually feel a bit silly complaining at all.

Last edited:

muteki

Considering the band can be deactivated (and tickets themselves unlinked) at any moment, by you, the guy would be an idiot to pay for one. Not to mention unlike a physical ticket nothing is actually stored ON the band.
Never said it was a "good idea" or something a smart person would do, but there are idiots out there that would buy/sell magic bands just like they were tickets.

Tom Morrow

bad news for us POP guests: I just got off the phone with a CM in tech support two minutes ago - she said POP test has been extended...so POP guests will still be denied the privileges every other WDW resort guest is getting - i.e, able to use both FP and FP+systems.
This isn't really a privilege - Magic Band guests are supposed to only be utilizing Fastpass+ and not legacy Fastpass. However I don't agree with Disney's approach of only restricting one resort to start out with.

SSH

This isn't really a privilege - Magic Band guests are supposed to only be utilizing Fastpass+ and not legacy Fastpass. However I don't agree with Disney's approach of only restricting one resort to start out with.

True...privileges wasn't really the right word....more to your point about the inconsistency in usage/rules

RSoxNo1

As of now, FP+ testing is scheduled to continue until at least March. Expect continued changes until FP+ testing ends.

Unfortunately, it leaves pretty much every WDW guests, both onsite and offsite, unsure exactly what to expect during their upcoming visits.
This is what's incredibly frustrating. Disney has many people bent over a barrel right now in that they already have their money but those people may potentially get less than they were anticipating on their vacation. This is a lousy way to conduct business. I know that testing has to happen, but I think even the biggest pixie dust snorters amongst us have to at least recognize that what is being done is not equitable to all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom