No fastpasses available today?

Tigger1988

Been here all week and FB+ and Magicbands have worked flawlessly with our APs. Even with the heavy crowds late last week paper FP were available well into the day for everything but TSMM (which isn't a change from pre FP+) days). Haven't had to get a paper FP at all. Have been able to change times and attractions via my phone as well. Nearly everyone in the parks has the bands it seems.

Haven't experienced any insane long lines at GR or any guests complaining.

Last edited:

MarkTwain

I know this has been asked a million times, but can legacy fastpasses be used by those on the MagicBands? I was under the impression you couldn't.

RSoxNo1

Just an FYI update for this week, so far crowds have been moderate with not too bad of wait times. FP (legacy) has been available most of the day, usually about an hour or 2 later. Soarin didn't run out of fp until about 5pm today.

Also, I have several times changed FP times to be an hour later than my scheduled time to accommodate us not being close enough to the said ride. All have worked flawlessly! My magic band has had no issues at all...
Great to hear, let's hope it keeps up.

neoshinok

I know this has been asked a million times, but can legacy fastpasses be used by those on the MagicBands? I was under the impression you couldn't.

I'm not sure, but my guess is only people with AP tickets can use both? I'm thinking MagicBands are taking the place of a paper ticket and KTTW for many resort guests, so only people without the band or AP holders with their physical pass could use legacy FP. I'm probably way off though...

doctornick

Officially, Disney was allowing people to "double dip" and get paper FP along with the FP+ on the MBs because it was "testing". guests would get a KTTW card at check in that could be used to pull paper FP. There were reports of some CMs discouraging -- or even not allowing -- people wearing MBs from pullin paper FP, but the official policy was that people were alowed to use paper FP in addition to FP+.

However, apparently starting this week, Disney is phasing out "double dipping" starting with Pop Century. People checking in there have the MBs (or will get them upon check in) and can get a KTTW card as "back up" for room entry, charging, etc. but it does not have the magnetic strip to be used in the paper FP machines. So, those guests are not able to access paper FP unless they have some seperate ticket media like APs or paper tickets from Undercover Tourist, etc. Pop has been the only resort affected so far, but people are asuming that other on property locations will be involved soon as well.

Alektronic

Hollywood Studios is closing at 4 PM today... I assume for a private event but I don't recall it ever closing that early.

It closed the same time last year. They have to setup and get ready everything by 6pm. 20 + yrs service anniversaries will start at 6 and 10 and 15 will arrive at 7:30 pm, they have to bussed in from Epcot parking lot.

Sunshine041213

Cast Service Celebration is amazing, went in 2011 for DH's 10-year. We had the lights, fantastic food, free flowing drinks, and Comedy Warehouse in Idol and Adventurers Club in Epic. I wasn't too keen on going because the rides were closed, but it ended up being one of the most fun times I've ever had in a theme park.

Anyways. Why I'm here.

DH just told me that management received word that the paper they have in the warehouse for legacy FP is it. How much is there, I don't know. But apparently, that's the current word.

stevehousse

One thing I will Definately say is that I see more gray bands than anything! I've even had several gray band wearers ask how I got a colors one not even knowing anything about the whole program before they left home. There seriously was a huge cart full of magic band boxes waiting for people when we did our check in.

On a side note, we have been here for 3 days so far, and only 1 issue with our band, but it really wasn't even our band that caused the problem.

We were at BOG which we had FP before we left. The checkin desk had our pre order. When we went to confirm our order they had everything right. Then when our rose was scanned and we were aske to pay, the rose malfunctioned and did not carry our order over so we had to reorder everything at the check out. No biggie, but it's the only issue we hve had so far! MB have worked great! I can see why they are phasing out the KTTW cards. Like I said earlier, we only used our cards once which was to get an extra FP for splash mountain!

JimboJones123

Officially, Disney was allowing people to "double dip" and get paper FP along with the FP+ on the MBs because it was "testing". guests would get a KTTW card at check in that could be used to pull paper FP. There were reports of some CMs discouraging -- or even not allowing -- people wearing MBs from pullin paper FP, but the official policy was that people were alowed to use paper FP in addition to FP+.

However, apparently starting this week, Disney is phasing out "double dipping" starting with Pop Century. People checking in there have the MBs (or will get them upon check in) and can get a KTTW card as "back up" for room entry, charging, etc. but it does not have the magnetic strip to be used in the paper FP machines. So, those guests are not able to access paper FP unless they have some seperate ticket media like APs or paper tickets from Undercover Tourist, etc. Pop has been the only resort affected so far, but people are asuming that other on property locations will be involved soon as well.
So now it is a penalty to stay on site an you can only get the FP+?

Sucks.

doctornick

So now it is a penalty to stay on site an you can only get the FP+?

Sucks.

Well, you get a guaranteed three, can book them ahead of time and be more flexible with the times. So, that's potentially valuable. With paper FP running out quicker than normal at popular attractions, you might not be able to get much (of value) with paper FP anyway at some of the parks. With all the onsite resorts active now, how many paper FP are even going to available for the Christmas to New Years busy period?

At MK, I'd probably prefer paper FP right now, but Epcot and DHS (especially if you signed up before they tiered the attractions), it might be better to have FP+ during busy weeks.

TimeTrip

With this discussion about lack of double dipping, is it still possible to get extra FP+'s once in the park via the MDE app or kiosks?

JohnD

For the second time in a row I showed up at Epcot in late afternoon and all FPs were distributed for Soarin'. Last time I waited more than 70 minutes. This time I stayed at a resort on-site but already used FP+ in AK earlier in the day. My schedule wouldn't allow another wait so I skipped Soarin' and rode TT instead and went to several F&W Booths in WS before hopping to MK for MVMCP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom