No fastpasses available today?

doctornick

With this discussion about lack of double dipping, is it still possible to get extra FP+'s once in the park via the MDE app or kiosks?

At this point, you are limited to 3 FP+ in one park. You cannot get more FP+ in a day beyond that. It's possible that this might change in the future (still "testing" and all) but I personally am skeptical that it would be feasible expect at less busy times of the year -- when, ironically, the benefits of Fastpasses are less.

TimeTrip

At this point, you are limited to 3 FP+ in one park. You cannot get more FP+ in a day beyond that. It's possible that this might change in the future (still "testing" and all) but I personally am skeptical that it would be feasible expect at less busy times of the year -- when, ironically, the benefits of Fastpasses are less.
So the true winners right now are AP holders with an onsite stay. Those people would still be able to double dip (in theory)

doctornick

So the true winners right now are AP holders with an onsite stay. Those people would still be able to double dip (in theory)

Just to be clear, as of right now, I think the only resort that is not allowing "double dipping" is Pop Century. The other resorts are still giving out a KTTW card with a mag stripe that can be used for pulling paper FP.

But, at some point in the future, I would expect all on property resorts to roll out the "no double dipping" policy. At that point, while legacy FP still remains, it does seem that AP holders and other guests who have some sort of physical part ticket and are staying on property will benefit by being able to double dip, while other resort guests will not.

The biggest questions in my mind are "when does paper FP go away" and "when do non resort guests get access to FP+" (which might very well be the simultaneous). Also, how do AP holders who aren't staying on property or have no done so able to reserve FP+. Just day of?

Goofyernmost

For the second time in a row I showed up at Epcot in late afternoon and all FPs were distributed for Soarin'. Last time I waited more than 70 minutes. This time I stayed at a resort on-site but already used FP+ in AK earlier in the day. My schedule wouldn't allow another wait so I skipped Soarin' and rode TT instead and went to several F&W Booths in WS before hopping to MK for MVMCP.
Heavens, years ago I arrived at Epcot at about 10:30 AM went for a fastpass for Soarin and it was for 6:30 PM. There is nothing new about that, they have always been gone by noon.

shipley731

Doesn't even have to be a current onsite stay. I've been twice this fall (once in Sept. & once in Oct.) and gotten magic bands both times. I'm going this weekend & even though I'm not staying on property, I can make FP+ selections on MDE & could theoretically use my AP card to pull legacy FP. That being said, we'll probably only go into Epcot for a little while in the afternoon & walk around WS. (Do a little X-mas shopping & watch a show or two.)

jrlbc06

I have an AP and am trying to make FP+ selections for my onsite stay in January.

I am staying for 6 days but the system is limiting me to 4 days of FP+ selections, apparently because I have an AP. I would think onsite guests would be able to make selections for every day but apparently not.

Yet again DIsney alienating its most loyal customers.

Tigger1988

I have an AP and am trying to make FP+ selections for my onsite stay in January.

I am staying for 6 days but the system is limiting me to 4 days of FP+ selections, apparently because I have an AP. I would think onsite guests would be able to make selections for every day but apparently not.

Yet again DIsney alienating its most loyal customers.
I was able to make FP+ selections for all 7 days of my stay as an AP, perhaps your entire trip isn't open for booking yet?

jrlbc06

I was able to make FP+ selections for all 7 days of my stay as an AP, perhaps your entire trip isn't open for booking yet?

When is your stay? I was able to do that in October.

Now I"m getting a message that my allotment has been exceeded after choosing 4 days of FP+. My entire trip is open for booking. I can book on the days I haven't booked yet if I give up any of the ones I've already booked.

Tigger1988

When is your stay? I was able to do that in October.

Now I"m getting a message that my allotment has been exceeded after choosing 4 days of FP+. My entire trip is open for booking. I can book on the days I haven't booked yet if I give up any of the ones I've already booked.
My stay ended yesterday, as I mentioned on the last page things went quite smoothly with my AP.

This sounds like a technical issue, not something that's happening because you're an AP.

jrlbc06

My stay ended yesterday, as I mentioned on the last page things went quite smoothly with my AP.

This sounds like a technical issue, not something that's happening because you're an AP.

It is definitely because I'm an AP because that is what the message said.

The other members of my party who do not have AP but instead length of stay passes are able to continue making FP+ selections. Only the AP members are affected.

I had heard in the past that they were planning to limit AP holders to a certain number of days of selections per quarter. I would think if you were staying on property though this sort of limit would be lifted.

I can't really find a help link other than FAQ. I'll have to try to call tomorrow I guess.

JimboJones123

Posted this elsewhere, but this was 9:30 this morning

20131115_095017.jpg

The non moving stand by was full of folks ticked because Fast passes were rendered pointless today unless staying almost up to the 7pm close.

I heard no less than a dozen groups upset that they had no real shot at fast passes evenby getting there early.

RSoxNo1

Posted this elsewhere, but this was 9:30 this morning

View attachment 38921

The non moving stand by was full of folks ticked because Fast passes were rendered pointless today unless staying almost up to the 7pm close.

I heard no less than a dozen groups upset that they had no real shot at fast passes evenby getting there early.
Dear Disney,

You're destroying a competitive advantage. Stop being stupid.

Love,
Tim

JimboJones123

uote="RSoxNo1, post: 5803258, member: 12260"]Dear Disney,

You're destroying a competitive advantage. Stop being stupid.

Love,
Tim[/quote]
Neither I, nor most anybody else would have a problem if the stand by queues actually worked.

jrlbc06

It is definitely because I'm an AP because that is what the message said.

The other members of my party who do not have AP but instead length of stay passes are able to continue making FP+ selections. Only the AP members are affected.

I had heard in the past that they were planning to limit AP holders to a certain number of days of selections per quarter. I would think if you were staying on property though this sort of limit would be lifted.

I can't really find a help link other than FAQ. I'll have to try to call tomorrow I guess.

As an update, I called for help and they let me know that currently, AP holders are allowed to make FP+ reservations for 4 days per day. So today, I was allowed to make reservations for the additional 2 days of my 6 day stay.

Still seems stupid to make AP holders with on property hotel reservations comply with this limit. Maybe they will fix that. I'm interested to see what other types of limits they put on AP holders.

windowman

I have to ask myself why is Disney dinking around with FastPass+ at all, was there that much abuse by us gaming the system. My gut feeling is they are going to eliminate the hopper choice on the park ticket and make us choose one park per day or BUY the extra ticket to hop from park to park. It's all about crowd control.

Goofyernmost

I have to ask myself why is Disney dinking around with FastPass+ at all, was there that much abuse by us gaming the system. My gut feeling is they are going to eliminate the hopper choice on the park ticket and make us choose one park per day or BUY the extra ticket to hop from park to park. It's all about crowd control.
Actually, I think, that FP+ is the crowd control tool. It appears or, at least appeared, the you would only be able to get FP's for one park per day. You can still park hop but you cannot get on any rides in a hurry. That alone will sort of self police the situation. The do have to do something about ending the half day parks though and soon. If you do stay all day in either DHS or DAK, what are you going to do with that time? Maybe they figure that you will go to Disney Springs and buy stuff. That might explain why that has been given a priority over filling the parks with stuff to do. Who knows for sure, really? Park Hoppers for someone like myself are essential to my length of stay. I know what attractions I want to see again and which ones I don't. I plan my days around that. If I have to stand in standby a little longer, it's no big deal. I still have time to go there and spend the afternoon and/or evening in Epcot or MK. If they really want to basically get rid of Park Hopping all they have to do is increase the price and that will end it for most of us.

Bairstow

The introduction of Fastpass Plus was more about capacity optimization and making things more accessible to first-timers than cutting down on "abuse".

Disney wouldn't care so much about park-hopping if it wasn't that people almost always hop to the Magic Kingdom from one of the less-popular parks.

RSoxNo1

The introduction of Fastpass Plus was more about capacity optimization and making things more accessible to first-timers than cutting down on "abuse".

Disney wouldn't care so much about park-hopping if it wasn't that people almost always hop to the Magic Kingdom from one of the less-popular parks.
You know what else helps in capacity optimization? Adding new attractions that are in demand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom