No fastpasses available today?

JimboJones123

[quotBairstow, post: 5804273, member: 2786"]Well sure, but then you don't get the added advantages of gathering guest data and increasing guest spending by making charging to their room so easy and fun.[/quote]
Disney has basically said that they have no shame over the plan to drug and rape customers because it is their best shot at getting any more from customers.

No corporate pride at all.

wogwog

The week before Thanksgiving has been a week my family looks forward to every year. It is a week before the madness sets in when we locals enjoy a stroll in the parks.

Today at 1:35. MK Space 10 min standby FP at 2:10, Splash 5 min standby FP 2:10. Epcot Soarin' 30 min standby FP 5:10, TT 50 standby FP 4:45. This is the paper FP system. As locals, Disney says we do not deserve FP+.

ExtinctJenn

Today at 1:35. MK Space 10 min standby FP at 2:10, Splash 5 min standby FP 2:10. Epcot Soarin' 30 min standby FP 5:10, TT 50 standby FP 4:45. This is the paper FP system. As locals, Disney says we do not deserve FP+.

Except that they just announced that everyone will be getting it soon!
I was actually looking for the article about this just now to quote but yes I heard the same (that it will open to everyone some way).

wogwog

I was actually looking for the article about this just now to quote but yes I heard the same (that it will open to everyone some way).
Thanks but don't bother looking for it. The FP minus is so far behind schedule and over budget that any article more than a week old is probably wrong. I would never go to the park when it is mobbed anyway. I was just making fun of how badly they did the research and development on this fiasco. The money could have built a lot of improvements and attractions. I have only heard of one other worse disaster involving an IT project. Maybe locals will have access to FP minus if they want it in 2015.

natatomic

Does anyone have the total number of all FPs given out for all attractions per day (obviously varies depending on how long the parks are open, if all are operating at full capacity, with 100% up time, etc. but let's assume the maximum of each variable here) and how it compares to the number of people inside the park on an average day? If everyone (resort guests and non-resort guests alike) will eventually have access to 3 FPs per day, I am truly skeptical that there are enough to go around. My husband disagrees, saying that every single guest will get 3 FPs, hence why they're adding FPs to needless attractions, viewing areas, and M&Gs. That last part is obviously true, but even still - I have a hard time believing that there won't be at least some people that will be unable to get any FPs due to not enough being available. I would like to know approximately many people that would be, in theory.

DManRightHere

I have to ask myself why is Disney dinking around with FastPass+ at all, was there that much abuse by us gaming the system. My gut feeling is they are going to eliminate the hopper choice on the park ticket and make us choose one park per day or BUY the extra ticket to hop from park to park. It's all about crowd control.
Will never happen.

DManRightHere

Happens every day in Tokyo.

They allow you to park hop after two days (I never knew this, I guess maybe because of transportation capacity issues? I have no idea it's a pure guess).

I do not see this beneficial to Disney in Disney World at all. Mainly because of world showcase and all of the restaurants people park hop to just to eat.

asianway

They allow you to park hop after two days (I never knew this, I guess maybe because of transportation capacity issues? I have no idea it's a pure guess).

I do not see this beneficial to Disney in Disney World at all. Mainly because of world showcase and all of the restaurants people park hop to just to eat.
Only if you buy a 3-4 day hopper. And there is no 5 day ticket, you need to start fresh. Prebuying tickets for certain days allows for labor scheduling, park hours planning, etc. exactly what TDO wants.

DManRightHere

Only if you buy a 3-4 day hopper. And there is no 5 day ticket, you need to start fresh. Prebuying tickets for certain days allows for labor scheduling, park hours planning, etc. exactly what TDO wants.

Probably no market for more that 4 days for 2 parks. Looks like DisneyLand only offers up to a 5 day park ticket while Disney World offers a 10 day.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Probably no market for more that 4 days for 2 parks. Looks like DisneyLand only offers up to a 5 day park ticket while Disney World offers a 10 day.

No - it's an intentional choice. Just like their AP pricing is radically different and structured differently.

DL recently reduced the days they sell not because of reduced demand - but in attempts to combat ticket reselling.

DManRightHere

No - it's an intentional choice. Just like their AP pricing is radically different and structured differently.

DL recently reduced the days they sell not because of reduced demand - but in attempts to combat ticket reselling.

Looks like it is legal to resell disney land tickets and it is illegal to resell disney world tickets. That makes sense.

So unlrss the law changes in Florida I don't see reduction in ticket days.

Really I think you should be entitled to resell anything you buy, show tickets, plane tickets, theme park tickets.

kev24135

If I'm going in December, do you all recommend that I get the FP+...i only skimmed everything but it sounds like Ill have a hard time getting a paper FP but then again i really don't want to do FP+ unless it's necessary

ExtinctJenn

If I'm going in December, do you all recommend that I get the FP+...i only skimmed everything but it sounds like Ill have a hard time getting a paper FP but then again i really don't want to do FP+ unless it's necessary
The KTTW cards that enable you to get a paper FP are being phased out. As of right now it depends on where you're staying. If you're staying at Pop Century, you won't be getting one. If you haven't already customized your bands I'd personally recommend you do that and go in and make some FP+ selections soon in case more resorts phase out the KTTW card between now and your trip date. You can make FP+ selections right up until the day you're in the park but you're limited to a "what's left" situation.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Looks like it is legal to resell disney land tickets and it is illegal to resell disney world tickets. That makes sense.

So unlrss the law changes in Florida I don't see reduction in ticket days.

Really I think you should be entitled to resell anything you buy, show tickets, plane tickets, theme park tickets.

without derailing this thread - that attitude really stands to hurt everyone. This isn't selling a concert ticket or plane ticket you can no longer use... but profiteering off discounts offered to SINGLE CUSTOMERS as part of the pricing model between the customer and provider. Resellers would buy multiday tickets to get the low price per day.. then 'rent' the tickets to customers for a specific # of days at discounted prices. It's a complete abuse of the ticket arrangement and invalidates the tickets. It's fraudulent behavior and people know it. They go through great lengths to remove names from tickets.. and would even enlist children to try to buy partial used tickets from people leaving the park. It's a ugly black market supported by people who close their eyes to what they are doing just to save a few bucks.

Thankfully now Disney has really upped the ante to combat this behavior through their use of photos for using multiday tickets.

DManRightHere

Just sounds greedy to me. If I book a 7 day trip and have to leave for an emergency after 3 days, I should be entitled to resell the remainder to recoup some of my lost money. I currently do not see the difference if someone else uses the remaining days. Disney still gets their money and probably more on misc purchases by a person using the remaining ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom