No fastpasses available today?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
FWIW, when I was there from 10/5-10/12, I didn't observe any issues with PotC boats. No standing water, no "bailing" by cast members, and no signs that they weren't filling the boats.

I did, of course, observe longer than normal FP waits, and a physically longer than normal line, since e're now apparently going to leave half the queue empty.

Thereby degrading capacity!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
FWIW, when I was there from 10/5-10/12, I didn't observe any issues with PotC boats. No standing water, no "bailing" by cast members, and no signs that they weren't filling the boats.

I did, of course, observe longer than normal FP waits, and a physically longer than normal line, since we're now apparently going to leave half the queue empty.
Well it sounds like something changed - quickly.
I was there 9/23 - 10/02, with my last two rides being 10/01 - at which time, there was a rope (on both sides) blocking access to the 6th row at the load areas.

luv

I got soaked sitting in the last row last time I was on Pirates, but I was on there with a big guy, so I thought maybe it was weight-related. I didn't know the boats sucked...I just knew I got splashed with stinky water.

Clamman73

I did, of course, observe longer than normal FP waits, and a physically longer than normal line, since we're now apparently going to leave half the queue empty.

When I was there 10/7 -10/11 I went on it once and was dry - boat wasn't full and I was second to last seat. Some water on the floor.

Clamman73

Off to Epcot in a few minutes, will try to make a note of fast pass times etc and hopefully report back later today.

A few weeks ago I was about the first person down to the fastpass machines and pulled a 945 - 1045 (still have it) Curious if you can still get that time with a paper fp now...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
This may be a stupid question, but as far as the new Pirates boats...do we know they're leaking, or just getting too much water on the splashdown, due to weight distribution issues, etc.?

Hey all, I am looking for some info about FastPass+. I know about it, and how it works. I am looking for any discussion or information on WHY Disney is doing it? Trying to understand, is there some way it will make them more money? Can they get more people in the parks? I am sure the answer includes both of those (I have my own theories) but looking for other/more info. Tried searching the forums, but there is so much FP+ chatter, hard to find this specific topic!

Thanks!

flynnibus

Premium Member
This may be a stupid question, but as far as the new Pirates boats...do we know they're leaking, or just getting too much water on the splashdown, due to weight distribution issues, etc.?

shhhh... don't knock the the potential for more drama!

(if they were leaking.. scooping water out of the guest area would not stop the issue and the boat would have to be taken out of service.. as the water would build up INSIDE the boat :) )

From the descriptions provided, it sounds like the boats are behaving differently in the splashdown parts of the ride causing more water to come into the boats. Hence the complaints about getting soaked, etc. Reducing the load in the boat would cause the boats to ride higher in the water.. trying to minimize the displacement a bit.

asianway

Hey all, I am looking for some info about FastPass+. I know about it, and how it works. I am looking for any discussion or information on WHY Disney is doing it? Trying to understand, is there some way it will make them more money? Can they get more people in the parks? I am sure the answer includes both of those (I have my own theories) but looking for other/more info. Tried searching the forums, but there is so much FP+ chatter, hard to find this specific topic!

Thanks!
Readers Digest version:

Theory that people will spend more when they just have to touch a FOB.
There should be much savings in labor by being able to schedule more efficiently, and cut park hours through load balancing ridership between A-E ticket rides.
Sinister Theories include charging for FP+ down the road.

Did I miss anything?

ExtinctJenn

Thanks!
There's a whole new section of these forums dedicated to My Magic+ and pretty much everything you can imagine is already being discussed out there. Go check it out for sure! :)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Readers Digest version:

There should be much savings in labor by being able to schedule more efficiently, and cut park hours through load balancing ridership between A-E ticket rides.

Did I miss anything?

I can easily forsee Disney trying to give people extra FP+ options if they buy merchandise of certain values, etc. I don't agree with it, but I could see it happening.

tracyandalex

He said they got there at opening to find TSM with no FP's so I don't think they could have run out yet.

We were there last Sunday (10/13) and when we got to the park the FP time for TSMM was 3:20. Later while waiting in line I asked someone with a magic band what she thought of the bands and she mentioned the TSMM FP being gone and seemed to think it was due to FP+.
For those dying to know this woman is an AP holder that is not excited about the bands and may not renew her AP. I do not know if the non renewal is due to FP+ or not though, it was our turn so we didn't get to finish our conversation :grumpy:

Bairstow

I can easily forsee Disney trying to give people extra FP+ options if they buy merchandise of certain values, etc. I don't agree with it, but I could see it happening.

If people already have their smartphones out, why not just do pay-per-fastpass?
With the high-demand attractions like Midway Mania or Soaring Over California they could use a dynamic, airline-like pricing model, where as fewer and fewer passes are available for a particular time slot the price per person to reserve a pass incrementally goes up.
For a much higher fee, you could even reserve a pass for a time that is already "full".

tracyandalex

people are concerned for those not using the magic bands yet though.

We were there the 12-17 and did not get the magic bands and were a little screwed with a lot of FP. I saw someone post that we could have used our APs, but no one told us about that nor did we see it mentioned anywhere so we had no idea.

Bolt

We were there last Sunday (10/13) and when we got to the park the FP time for TSMM was 3:20. Later while waiting in line I asked someone with a magic band what she thought of the bands and she mentioned the TSMM FP being gone and seemed to think it was due to FP+.
For those dying to know this woman is an AP holder that is not excited about the bands and may not renew her AP. I do not know if the non renewal is due to FP+ or not though, it was our turn so we didn't get to finish our conversation :grumpy:
I have a sneaking suspicion that the value of APs in Florida isn't all that much of a determining factor as say DL.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Readers Digest version:

Did I miss anything?

Allows the mouse to track your every move. Other than that you get full marks for the answer!

Buried20KLeague

If people already have their smartphones out, why not just do pay-per-fastpass?
With the high-demand attractions like Midway Mania or Soaring Over California they could use a dynamic, airline-like pricing model, where as fewer and fewer passes are available for a particular time slot the price per person to reserve a pass incrementally goes up.
For a much higher fee, you could even reserve a pass for a time that is already "full".

You should hush.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom