No fastpasses available today?

Rob562

We were there the 12-17 and did not get the magic bands and were a little screwed with a lot of FP. I saw someone post that we could have used our APs, but no one told us about that nor did we see it mentioned anywhere so we had no idea.

You can't (currently) just use your AP with FP+. AP holders who are staying at a resort get a Magic Band and thus access to the FP+ system, but those Bands remain active after they check out. So a local AP holder (or a repeat visitor) would still have access to the FP+ system using their Band.

Eventually all AP holders will get a Band for free with their AP, even if they don't stay on-site. But Disney has not given any indication of when that'll be.

-Rob

mergatroid

Off to Epcot in a few minutes, will try to make a note of fast pass times etc and hopefully report back later today.

Didn't post yesterday as out fairly late last night, sorry. We got to Epcot at 8:30am yesterday ansd joined the already lonng queue awaiting opening. As usual we selected the queue that moved slowest when they opened at 9:00am (why does that happen to us every time?) and went straight to Test Track first. It must have been 9:10am at the very latest (almost definitely earlier) and the single rider was a 5 minute wait with standby showing 15 mins.

However by 9:10am at the very latest Test Track fast passes were now at 4:45pm - 5:45pm already!!!!!. I was amazed at this as I've only ever witnessed TSMM to have fast passes go so quickly, there wasn't even a queue at the fast pass machines either so I imagine it was FP+ which had caused this scenario? I rode 3 times through the single rider queue and didn't bother getting a fast pass.

Mission Space was issuing fast pass returns for 9:50am - 10:50am at 9:15am, I know this as Mrs M kindly got me one whilst I did Test Track. However when we got to MS around 9:50am I didn't bother using it as the standy by queue was still only 5 minutes at that stage which was surprising.

I didn't really pay much attention to FP's for The Land as it had a 5 min standy by. When we got to Journey at around 10:50am I was amazed to see the standy by wait time as 30 mins. The FP's were around the 1:00pm - 2:00pm mark from my recollection. We joined the standy by as Mrs M likes Journey and we wanted to be in World Showcase by 1pm. What surprised me was in that 30 minute queue we only saw a handful of guests pass us using the FP+ queue and it appeared to be just a really slow loading process being used that day?

Maelstrom had a FP return of 2:30pm - 3:30pm at around 12 noon (according to Mrs M's notes) with a stand by queue of 20 mins (which actually took 30 mins). One thing we've noticed this trip which is a real shame is that even 'off season' after a certain time it seems there are very few stand by queues in Disney where you can more or less just walk on. This used to be a real perk and meant much better use of AP's whereby we could just pop in a park for a short period with no real planning and quickly do certain rides, that is now much harder. Ah well, we still had a great day yesterday which is the main thing I suppose.

Last edited:

mergatroid

Fastpass for Journey into Imagination? I had thought it was only a Fastpass+ option.

It may have been The Land rather than Journey then, sorry if so? Mrs M was my official note taker though her notes definitely say Journey 1-2 with nothing recorded next to The Land (amongst others)? She's still sleeping but will face my full wrath later on after questioning if she has made an error, you can rest assured of that.

(I may wait till after breakfast though as I can't make scrambled eggs like sbe can :))

ninjaprincesst

The last several times I have been to Disney all the fastpass for TSMM and Soarin were gone for the day by 10:00am and this was long before anyone ever thought about fastpass+. I don't know how good or bad the new system will be, but I really don't think it has affected fastpass that much since it has always been this way for several rides.

PrincessNelly_NJ

We were there the 12-17 and did not get the magic bands and were a little screwed with a lot of FP. I saw someone post that we could have used our APs, but no one told us about that nor did we see it mentioned anywhere so we had no idea.

Exactly! Someone also mentioned that people could use rooms keys at the kiosk but I was there in Sept and was never told that.

wogwog

Experiment of the day. From a friend who believes Disney is definitely discriminating against any guest not dumb enough to pay for an overpriced room at a Disney resort. They are reserving fast passes for that elite class of visitors at the detriment of all others. She watched the FP operation online for Toy, Soarin', and Test. As is now common all Fast Passes for the common folks were gone by 10 AM today or a few minutes later. However a friend staying at a resort looked on the MM app and could book a Toy FP at 10:15 for 11:15 to 12:15 or 4:45 to 5:45. Most of us knew or suspected that was part of the unfair system, now I have proof. Hey Disney let me know when you will treat me like your favored few and maybe I will return. I will wait for the call.

tracyandalex

You can't (currently) just use your AP with FP+. AP holders who are staying at a resort get a Magic Band and thus access to the FP+ system, but those Bands remain active after they check out. So a local AP holder (or a repeat visitor) would still have access to the FP+ system using their Band.

Eventually all AP holders will get a Band for free with their AP, even if they don't stay on-site. But Disney has not given any indication of when that'll be.

-Rob

We were staying at CS and no one even mentioned a band to us. Since we are still unsure about the MM+ we didn't ask. We even did the online check in a month prior to see if we would get bands.

doctornick

Experiment of the day. From a friend who believes Disney is definitely discriminating against any guest not dumb enough to pay for an overpriced room at a Disney resort. They are reserving fast passes for that elite class of visitors at the detriment of all others. She watched the FP operation online for Toy, Soarin', and Test. As is now common all Fast Passes for the common folks were gone by 10 AM today or a few minutes later. However a friend staying at a resort looked on the MM app and could book a Toy FP at 10:15 for 11:15 to 12:15 or 4:45 to 5:45. Most of us knew or suspected that was part of the unfair system, now I have proof. Hey Disney let me know when you will treat me like your favored few and maybe I will return. I will wait for the call.

If there is unused FP+ capacity, then that should mean that the standby line will move more quickly.

PrincessNelly_NJ

It isn't really discrimination but now a "perk" of staying on-site. Disney may be our vacation destination but more than anything, they are a business. Their end goal is to make money and they have to fill those rooms.

wild01ride

I experienced the travesty that is FP+ during my trip this past weekend.
We couldn't believe that FP's were gone for most attractions virtually from the beginning of the day.

The worst part about this whole scenario is that I was a DVC member staying at a DVC resort, with a darn-near $1000 Premier Passport and unable to use the FP+ system due to the fact that my ticket could not be associated with MyMagic+. Totally crummy.
I really hope that there is some consideration in the future for how to make this system more realistic for use by those not using FP+ months ahead of time.

wogwog

If there is unused FP+ capacity, then that should mean that the standby line will move more quickly.
It is not unused FP minus capacity. It is reserved FP minus for the rubber band crowd only. Not the off property guest or Annual Pass group. Disney has the write to discriminate and I have the right to not patronize the park.

wogwog

I experienced the travesty that is FP+ during my trip this past weekend.
We couldn't believe that FP's were gone for most attractions virtually from the beginning of the day.

The worst part about this whole scenario is that I was a DVC member staying at a DVC resort, with a darn-near $1000 Premier Passport and unable to use the FP+ system due to the fact that my ticket could not be associated with MyMagic+. Totally crummy.
I really hope that there is some consideration in the future for how to make this system more realistic for use by those not using FP+ months ahead of time.
They will probably make changes but only when they figure out how to squeeze more money. $

doctornick

It is not unused FP minus capacity. It is reserved FP minus for the rubber band crowd only. Not the off property guest or Annual Pass group. Disney has the write to discriminate and I have the right to not patronize the park.

My point is that if there is FP+ that are available in a given day and unused (which might have been the case if they were available for later that day), then that should mean that fewer "fastpasses" (both both the paper and FP+ kind) were given out that day. Which should lead to a quicker standby line to some degree.

In terms of discriminating, Disney has said that everyone will have access to FP+ eventially once it is fully rolled out. We still don't know when that will be. However, if resort guests ahve access to FP+ earlier than others, it will likely result in them getting the most desirably FP+ options (in terms of both attractions and times).

wogwog

My point is that if there is FP+ that are available in a given day and unused (which might have been the case if they were available for later that day), then that should mean that fewer "fastpasses" (both both the paper and FP+ kind) were given out that day. Which should lead to a quicker standby line to some degree.

In terms of discriminating, Disney has said that everyone will have access to FP+ eventially once it is fully rolled out. We still don't know when that will be. However, if resort guests ahve access to FP+ earlier than others, it will likely result in them getting the most desirably FP+ options (in terms of both attractions and times).
The three classic long waits for Toy, Soarin', and Test are still long. At this time 12:45 on 10/22 that would be considered a slow tuesday in the off season, the three big ones, Soarin', Toy, and Test have the exact same wait time of 70. All FP gone to the non band folks at 10ish. Rubber band people could still get them. At the same time the standby in the MK for Space is 15, Splash 25, and Big Thunder 20. Which hints to me the crowds are small as the MK always has the larger crowd. What I suspect is Disney is making sure all the rubber band people get on the hard to get on attractions with ease by "restricting" Fast Passes from everyone else. They want the rubber band people to want to return on their next vacation, thinking it will always be this way. Disney will expect them to give a glowing survey report and tell their friends how great the vacation was. Next visit when AP and off property visitors have the same access if they ever do) to FP as rubber band people the special treatment will not be as good. Unless Disney continues to tweek the system to allow the rubber band people that are more profitable special treatment. My guess Disney will develop a permanent but flexible way to encourage high spenders and discourage low spenders. Different allowance as to numbers of FP daily depending on your estimated value to Disney. A larger than usual yearly jump in parking rates, ticket only rates, and annual pass rates. Pay to play one way or another. Pay parking at Downtown Disney to non resort guests. $$$

CTXRover

Using FP+ now for second day in a row. Everything has worked great with no problems. We have actually found it quite the perk. No problems scanning in at FP check points and haven't noticed others have problems. Since DHS seemed to be the problem last week, I just checked the app and at 1:15pm, there r fast passes for TOT at 2:55 and RNRC at 5:55 and Star Tours at 1:45. Here at AK where it looks like more guests than not have magic bands and thus likely have FP+ booked rather than using old FP, KS has FP at 3:25, Everest at 3:55 and Dinosaur with FP at 1:55pm.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I thought Disney could not charge for Parking at DTD because the garages are not being paid for with Disney funds but with public funds.

And we are seeing the difference between weekend queue lines and weekday queue lines. This weekend was a taste of what is to come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom