Nibblesandbits Amazingly Wonderful Trip Report Number 3 (Sept. 14-21)

The Pre-Game: (Before we get into the meat and potatoes of this TR! :D)

This trip was absolutely great. My DH (What's His Face as he is commonly known around here-also abbreviated WHF) and I had a wonderful time and even during this last trip we were already talking about going back, since we were offered the Free Dining for next year. We didn't take Disney up on their offer, as we were still mulling where we want to go for our next vacation, but going back to Disney World is definitely in our minds again. (Right now, we are considering Vegas and Disneyland however).

What's His Face and I have been planning this trip for about a year now. I remember hearing about the Halloween parties last year and knowing that I wanted to go when those were going on. I also knew that I wanted to go in Sept. b/c crowds were small and with the hope that Disney would be offering Free Dining. I got my wish on all accounts.

Now, after reflecting on all my trips, I realize I actually learn something new each time. The last trip before this one, I learned not to kill myself by trying to accomplish everything in a short window of time. This time I learned a very different lesson. As a Disney Fanatic, we all try to plan, and plan, and plan our trips. This then skews our expectations on what we believe our trip will then turn out like. (Then we wonder why people come back complaining about what a crummy time they had or problems that occured.) For me, while I do try to plan, I don't over plan...this just works well for me. However, I guess I'd been hyping up this trip for so long in my head, that I was still a little disappointed when things didn't go as I had "planned" in my head. Next trip, I am going to try not to "plan" so hard in my head. (Good luck to me! :ROFLOL: )

Just so you know, I am DEFINITELY NOT complaining about my trip. I did end up having a blast, however, the way I got there was not how I planned and I think that's why I may feel a little sad now. I did a lot of things that were new or different than usual on this trip, including, but not limited to, going to the (very soggy) MNSSHP, going on my first tour (a Segway Tour!), meeting up with a couple of friends for the first time that I've "met" from here, going to Pleasure Island for the first time and falling in love with the Adventurer's Club (Kungaloosh! :D ), getting to eat in restaurants I would have never dreamed I'd be eating in, and seeing attractions that normally, I wouldn't pick to see.

As you can probably tell, this trip was jam packed with action...so let's get down to the fun! (And of course, the pictures!) :sohappy:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Extra Day 1 pics:

My postcard looking picture of WL:

DSC_0027-1.jpg

Geyser:

DSC_0029.jpg

Halloween Decor on Main Street:

DSC_0041.jpg

Donald in his Halloween Glory:

DSC_0064.jpg

Taken when the lights came on:

DSC_0066.jpg

TL:

DSC_0083.jpg

Spooky Castle:

DSC_0094.jpg

Candy, Candy, Candy

DSC_0200.jpg

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
It was nice meeting you Nibbs. Glad you and WHF had fun at Mickey's Not So Dry Halloween Party:wave:

:D

No kidding! Not So Dry is what they should call it. If I remember correctly, it rained on the first day of last year's events too. Must be something about that first day.

Sounding great! Nice pic of you and Vince, but where is WHF? :lookaroun

He's coming. He didn't want to get his pic taken much this trip. (Loser...:lookaroun )

She threatened me! :cry:

Liar! I did not! I asked, you said sure. You didn't seem to come up with any options!

We probably crossed paths during your stay. You were at the same places at the same time! Wet Wet MNSSHP. We ended up getting about 5 bags of candy....they just keep giving us more bags. Spent the night with the candy spread out of the extra bed, then cleaned each piece in the morning.

Loving the report.......need to get mine done.

Thanks! You actually cleaned your candy? Mine is still sticky. But I've been eating it anyway. :lol:

Yeah, where's the pic of the cutlass fight, Nibbs?

It's coming.

Great report so far Nibbs!! I am sorry I was not here to read it as you were posting! I had trouble getting on the boards yesterday afternoon and evening.

Are those Old Navy tanks you are wearing in the pics with Vince???

I wear those tanks ALL the time. I have like 87 different colors.

Thanks! And yes, I live in the Old Navy tanks. They are my staple during the summer too.

I have been waiting for your trip report, nibbles! I knew it would be great and it hasn't disappointed!

Where's the rest? :lol:

Thank you. And it's coming, just now later than I expected.

I've enjoyed the TR so far - love, love, love the fireworks and parade pics!

Thanks dear! You'll see it soon.

Hay nibblesand bits, we were there on the 9/14 the nite of the first Mnsshp and we ened up leaving because of the rain, but I though they canceled the parade and fireworks?? I know they gave were giving out one day tickets ( kinda like a rain check if you will) because of the rain ..That you could use either for another party (which we did the following friday , which was gorgeous ) of you have up to a year to use it...

Yeah...I heard about that...of course not until AFTER I got back. :( No one said anything to me that night. I had to find out here. Luckily I still have the tickets. The problem is finding when we can actually go...it will probably be a weekend thing now or something. (weekend trip to Disney...not so bad...:D )

And no, they didn't cancel the parade or fireworks. They delayed the fireworks by about an hour, they did cancel the first parade, but the second went on after the fireworks.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
:D

Yeah...I heard about that...of course not until AFTER I got back. :( No one said anything to me that night. I had to find out here. Luckily I still have the tickets. The problem is finding when we can actually go...it will probably be a weekend thing now or something. (weekend trip to Disney...not so bad...:D )

And no, they didn't cancel the parade or fireworks. They delayed the fireworks by about an hour, they did cancel the first parade, but the second went on after the fireworks.

Don't imagine the headless horseman rode that night with the slippery pavement.

Uponastar

hehe.gif
spin.gif
yahoo.gif
3dance.gif
swing.gif
]
singinrain.gif
door.gif
para.gif

I realize that these smilies have nothing to do with anything, but they just might create a little diversion while we wait.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
I will talk about our room, since I don't need any notes for that.

We stayed at Pop, as you can tell, and a lot of people wonder about noise. The first time I stayed at Pop, I heard noise, the second time, I didn't, and this time, I didn't hear noise coming from inside, however, I did hear the noise coming from the outside.

I didn't hear anything really coming from the pool, which is where I figured I'd hear noise. No, this was coming from next door. Now, I don't like to talk bad about people, but our neighbors were simply annoying. They were of another ethnicity (not that there's anything wrong with that) however, every morning around 8:00 or so, I would be woken up by very loud spanish. They would practically be yelling right outside our door. I put up with it the first few days, in hopes that they would be leaving soon. Finally, one morning, I couldn't take it any more. I kindly poked my head outside, said we were still sleeping, and luckily, they went back inside without any fuss. The next morning, we didn't have any problems, b/c we actually had to be up really early for our Segway tour. However, our last day there, we were awoken to a thump, thump, thump. This went on for at least a half an hour. Their kids were boucing those balls attached to strings against the building. :( Luckily, they left (unfortunately their last day was our last day) before I could say anything. I was really trying to restrain myself.

Also, every morning, it seemed that our Do Not Disturb sign would be missing out of our door. I had to grab extras every day from the maid's cart! (This I don't know if it was our neighbors our not, but I highly suspect it might have been.)

Other than that though, I didn't hear anyone. If you really worry about hearing things outside your room, my suggestion is to actually ask for a room that faces away from any of the main paths. So nothing by the pool or anything like that. B/c when we stayed away from the hustle and bustle, we had a perfectly quiet room.

Other things about our room. We had a decent maid. We never recieved any towel animals, although we did see them all around our room.

We had a refridgerator in our room, without requesting it or paying for it. That was nice, since I'd brought bottled waters and I put them in there to keep them cool for the day.

I think that's about it for now on that.

Next up Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom (once I get off work tonight.)

sissa216

Thanks for the report so far!
You have some great pics

DH and I are considering Pop next year,
but I haven't really begun researching it yet....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom