NextGen Launch?

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
This morning "Theme Park One" tweeted the following:

"Morning! WDW folks, something is in the works that will truly outshine the DLR. It's big, it's cutting edge, and it will change everything."

"And it will launch with the new Fantasyland, but you can't ride it."

I don't know anything about this person or their credibility. Their profile lists; "Reporting on Disney Parks & Resorts Worldwide, but mostly the Disneyland Resort."

I guessed due to the cryptic tweet that this person was referring to the full roll-out of the Next-Gen Technology throughout WDW. The timing would make sense.

Thoughts?

inluvwithbeast

Eeeeek! This is the kind of news I need right now while I'm snowed in during a blizzard. No class, no work, and no WDW news combined can get boring.

Testtrack321

Seems to be what we know already about Nexgen, just seems to be an echo of what we've heard before.

I don't think we'll see or hear anything official for awhile though, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Mikester71

Eeeeek! This is the kind of news I need right now while I'm snowed in during a blizzard. No class, no work, and no WDW news combined can get boring.

Totally off topic here (and sorry for that), but how much snow did you guys end up getting down there anyway? I live up in Southwestern Ontario, Canada and we are bracing for it big time. But a lady at my work has a son in school down there and she said he was out today buying supplies just in case. She said that anything more than 2 inches is HUGE to you guys down there and that you had a chance of getting 15 inches! :eek:

SeaCastle

Said Tweeter was kicked off MiceChat for what was perceived to be rude behavior (whether it was or not is open for interpretation). I tend to believe the poster is credible, but you really have no way of knowing.

With the way he worded his tweets, I thought he was reporting on a new pyro show, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

erasure fan1

"Morning! WDW folks, something is in the works that will truly outshine the DLR. It's big, it's cutting edge, and it will change everything."

"And it will launch with the new Fantasyland, but you can't ride it."
Well if I cant "ride it" then im not really interested. The Magic Kingdom needs rides, D & E ticket rides not just next gen meet & greets. (not that I know that) But with Disneys track record, something along those lines in were I would put my money.

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
Said Tweeter was kicked off MiceChat for what was perceived to be rude behavior (whether it was or not is open for interpretation). I tend to believe the poster is credible, but you really have no way of knowing.

With the way he worded his tweets, I thought he was reporting on a new pyro show, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Update to Illuminations? Pyro show... Interesting.

cbconglom

a interesting response to the original tweet by themeparkone

@ThemeParkOne if I'm thinking of the same thing, some key words would be "shine" and "launch", right? ;)

also from twitter..
Probably quite the controversial rumor... Will alcohol be introduced to Magic Kingdom with New Fantasyland?

juniorthomas

a interesting response to the original tweet by themeparkone

@ThemeParkOne if I'm thinking of the same thing, some key words would be "shine" and "launch", right? ;)

also from twitter..
Probably quite the controversial rumor... Will alcohol be introduced to Magic Kingdom with New Fantasyland?

Probably should have written "some key words will be incredibly vague and are actually not key words at all"

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
Well if I cant "ride it" then im not really interested. The Magic Kingdom needs rides, D & E ticket rides not just next gen meet & greets. (not that I know that) But with Disneys track record, something along those lines in were I would put my money.

Like it or not, rides are only part of the experience at a Disney theme park.

inluvwithbeast

Totally off topic here (and sorry for that), but how much snow did you guys end up getting down there anyway? I live up in Southwestern Ontario, Canada and we are bracing for it big time. But a lady at my work has a son in school down there and she said he was out today buying supplies just in case. She said that anything more than 2 inches is HUGE to you guys down there and that you had a chance of getting 15 inches! :eek:

Well we're at 8-12" and it's still snowing. The wind is the worst. 60 mph gusts. Huge drifts and whiteouts are the main issue.

Now back on topic. Lol.

H2Opolo15

So far here we haven't been hit with the main part of the storm yet. We got maybe 2 inches over night? But tonight we're supposed to get around 12 with ice. I guess we'll see and brace for the worst.

goonie007

We are sitting at 12 inches in Tulsa, OK but could get up to 4 more by the time it's over and the strong winds are coming in now as well.

CrescentLake

We are sitting at 12 inches in Tulsa, OK but could get up to 4 more by the time it's over and the strong winds are coming in now as well.

I know that sucks, but you have no idea. 24 inches of snow here in Boston, on top of 4 feet of snow already.

But er...havent our insiders already confirmed that next gen starts to roll out with the FLE?

wizards8507

Are you kidding me? These numbers may be imperfect and/or out of date, but for a general sense:

Magic Kingdom: 40 rides/attractions
Epcot: 19 rides/attractions
Hollywood Studios: 19 rides/attractions
Animal Kingdom: 19 rides/attractions
Universal Studios: 12 rides/attractions
Islands of Adventure: 14 rides/attractions

You're right. Way more rides needed at Magic Kingdom.

baymenxpac

Are you kidding me? These numbers may be imperfect and/or out of date, but for a general sense:

Magic Kingdom: 40 rides/attractions
Epcot: 19 rides/attractions
Hollywood Studios: 19 rides/attractions
Animal Kingdom: 19 rides/attractions
Universal Studios: 12 rides/attractions
Islands of Adventure: 14 rides/attractions

You're right. Way more rides needed at Magic Kingdom.

thank you. someone needed to say it.

there is a stark difference between what we are hardcore disney fans WANT and what the park "desperately needs." yes, any one of us would gladly take new D and E tickets anywhere on property, but the magic kingdom is not the park in most need.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom