NextGen / FP+ / Magic Band. The official truth starts to appear

mickey2008.1

I agree with marni, with 2 billion, they should haveb done more in the parks at the same time. The cost of this project does not imho add to the experience that much. Now I have to plan my whole trip, not just adrs, which is a lot of work, and if I dont, then miss out. Have to see how all this plays out and the time frame for full rool out

TalkingHead

Not sure if this has also been circulated, but there is an interesting part.

"MyMagic+ will make the Disney Parks experience better for everyone at no additional cost."

From the same company that brought you the reduction in AP discounts with the explanation, "We regularly evaluate our discounts and offers for annual pass holders and make adjustments."

Animaniac93-98

So you are saying that Spirit is actually Lou;)

3318104+_93ddc9d30a54e70d88e623c2da60582a.png

jme

That all sounds wonderful, I cant wait to book to see Aerials clams, bit worried about the mobile app since it cost me £15 just turning my data on to get a football score. But its Disney itll be simply magical and worth it whatever the cost.
Park-wide public wifi should make this a non-issue.

Lee

Adventurer
I think that $2B worth of new attractions would make MyMagic+ Disney Parks experience "better".

Just sayin'.
I think that is a question that should be asked of Disney.
What about NextGen is so good that it will provide a better experience for guests than $2billion in new attractions?

Kid: "Mom, can we go to Universal this year and see the great new rides?"
Mom: "Nah, lets go back to Disney again! The rides aren't new, but we can get Fastpasses in advance!"

DDuckFan130

Just throwing in my agreement to a previous poster saying that if AP/Florida passholders will become extinct, so will our trips to WDW. I don't think it's fair to assume that a family of four visiting for a week spends more than we do. We went as a family 4 times last year for 3 nights and 4 days. We do 2-3 sit down meals each time we go. Mind you we also have TIW and yes we get some discounts here and there. And yes those families stay in moderate/deluxe. Must be nice. But it's how we're able to go so much. The monthly payment program also made it possible for us to become AP holders as opposed to Seasonal passholders. But if they get rid of it then I guess UO will begin to get our money. WDW is just getting too expensive.

I know a lot of people will be upset here. Just in the school I work in I know a handful of people who have AP's and go to WDW on long weekends. But it's ok, they can on the locals lol

SirLink

I think the key part of the statement was "at no additional cost" since there is a lot of speculation that they would charge for things like FastPass+.

... yet!

But from what I've gathered is with Next Gen - it keeps going between "we should charge for FP" and "we should creep to charging for FP".

the.dreamfinder

I think that $2B worth of new attractions would make MyMagic+ Disney Parks experience "better".
Stuff we could've gotten instead.
Extensive renovations of every attraction including state of the art AAs, improved audio/lighting, etc.
A transportation system that actually works
Major new attractions for each park with an emphasis on adding as many rides to DAK and DHS as possible

Did I miss anything?

Disneyhead'71

I would agree that a family traveling from Someplace, Upnorth would spend more than me, a local. But I would still be spending $1500 (family of 3) for APs, and most likely spend some money on food and Cokes, and occasionally on some merchandise (particularly around the Holidays). It seems to be a really stupid business decission to not want to get as many people as possible into their parks. They would certainly make more money off of me if they can actually get me in the parks as opposed to me spending ALL my expendable income up the road at Universal/SeaWorld.

Cosmic Commando

I stand corrected. My bad. Didn't mean to cast aspersions on Corless.
Nah, go ahead. He took credit for "breaking" the Star Tours area enhancement rumor with the indoor Jedi Training Academy back in September. That rumor made the rounds on this site way back in May... of 2011.

Jane Doe

I would agree that a family traveling from Someplace, Upnorth would spend more than me, a local. But I would still be spending $1500 (family of 3) for APs, and most likely spend some money on food and Cokes, and occasionally on some merchandise (particularly around the Holidays). It seems to be a really stupid business decission to not want to get as many people as possible into their parks. They would certainly make more money off me if they can actually get me in the parks as opposed to me spending ALL my expendable income up the road at Universal/SeaWorld.

It does seem a bit short sighted getting rid of what could be referred to as bread-and-butter customers. At the present moment Brazil is doing very good for itself, but what if their economy stalls? What if overseas visitors, like myself, are hit with a sharp increase in fuel costs which makes flying too expensive or the exchange rates plummets and makes visiting the United States an outrageously costly exercise? They may then try to woo you back to fill the shortfall in numbers but find that the same people they shafted have found somewhere else to play where their money has always been welcomed.

lunchbox1175

Unfortunately you are not the demographic that Disney wants in their park. You are not staying in the hotels, and more than likely you are not eating at the higher priced restaurants because you are not preplanning your stay.

I truly feel the days of the Florida pass and Annual pass are numbered.

I find this curious, I don't live in Florida, so answer me this, does Universal have a Florida Annual Pass? Because if they do, then I don't think WDW would get rid of it as it has been pointed out to me several times on this site (even though i don't agree) that whatever one park does the other will as well. So by that logic as long as Universal offers an AP for Florida residents, then WDW won't get rid of it.

DDuckFan130

I find this curious, I don't live in Florida, so answer me this, does Universal have a Florida Annual Pass? Because if they do, then I don't think WDW would get rid of it as it has been pointed out to me several times on this site (even though i don't agree) that whatever one park does the other will as well. So by that logic as long as Universal offers an AP for Florida residents, then WDW won't get rid of it.

Yes and it's a pretty damn good price too. They also offer discounts all the time for the holidays and Halloween Horror Nights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom