NextGen / FP+ / Magic Band. The official truth starts to appear

Jones14

They will be getting rid of the AP's soon anyway...it's not near profitable enough.

Disney would rather your space be used by Bob and his party...they spend a LOT more money in a week than a Florida resident does all year.

The day that happens will be the day my family and I stop going to Disney. The whole purpose of us having an Annual Pass is so that we can visit the parks whenever we wish without having to make a full-blown vacation out of it. If I have to buy tickets every time I want to visit (which is pretty much one day every three weeks) or buy a ten-day park-hopper to get the discounts that they've offered for forever for my willingness to give them money that often, I will never pass through those turnstiles ever again. We are loyal customers and have poured money into Disney's bank account, and these more recent cash-grabs of theirs' have been frustrating enough, but this just feels like a slap in the face. The other theme parks are putting out too much quality product for less for this to be even remotely acceptable. Disney's hole is too big already, yet they keep buying shovels.

Computer Magic

That all sounds wonderful, I cant wait to book to see Aerials clams, bit worried about the mobile app since it cost me £15 just turning my data on to get a football score. But its Disney itll be simply magical and worth it whatever the cost.
Would this really cost you. My understanding you will be able to use free WiFI within the entire WDW area. Just turn off your broadband data and use their free WiFi.

Jones14

Would this really cost you. My understanding you will be able to use free WiFI within the entire WDW area. Just turn off your broadband data and use their free WiFi.

At least at this point, the Wi-Fi is a terrible failure. I struggled to get service in anywhere in Animal Kingdom but Africa and the Oasis, and it only worked on Main Street and Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom, with only one bar at that. This was less than a week ago, by the way.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The day that happens will be the day my family and I stop going to Disney. The whole purpose of us having an Annual Pass is so that we can visit the parks whenever we wish without having to make a full-blown vacation out of it. If I have to buy tickets every time I want to visit (which is pretty much one day every three weeks) or buy a ten-day park-hopper to get the discounts that they've offered for forever for my willingness to give them money that often, I will never pass through those turnstiles ever again. We are loyal customers and have poured money into Disney's bank account, and these more recent cash-grabs of theirs' have been frustrating enough, but this just feels like a slap in the face. The other theme parks are putting out too much quality product for less for this to be even remotely acceptable. Disney's hole is too big already, yet they keep buying shovels.
Unfortunately you are not the demographic that Disney wants in their park. You are not staying in the hotels, and more than likely you are not eating at the higher priced restaurants because you are not preplanning your stay.

I truly feel the days of the Florida pass and Annual pass are numbered.

***edit: The above statement is an editorial remark...by no means is it based on fact or anything that I have heard...(unkadug)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

That is the theory, the reality is a murky underbelly of T Mobile connectivity and spurious billing issues when international roaming. Issues that my laptop seemed immune to when using similar advertised services in hotel locations.

Jones14

Unfortunately you are not the demographic that Disney wants in their park. You are not staying in the hotels, and more than likely you are not eating at the higher priced restaurants because you are not preplanning your stay.

I truly feel the days of the Florida pass and Annual pass are numbered.

We don't usually stay at the hotels because we're so close, but we always eat somewhere expensive (at least Via Napoli or Yak and Yeti level) for at least one of our meals, and occasionally (once every couple of days) stay at a hotel for a few days to get the "full experience", but only because we can afford it (which is because we pay for the AP's by month). We don't buy merchandise anymore, because there is nothing unique or enticing to buy. Disney takes away AP's, there goes my ability to stay in a hotel, and with that, there goes my trips to Disney, because if Disney thinks I'm going to pay for four one-day parkhoppers at those prices, their heads are stuck even farther up their (pick an orifice) than I thought. I am a paying customer. If I'm not in Disney's target demographic based on that last sentence alone, then the company truly is being run by morons.

Computer Magic

That is the theory, the reality is a murky underbelly of T Mobile connectivity and spurious billing issues when international roaming. Issues that my laptop seemed immune to when using similar advertised services in hotel locations.
So T-Mobel either doesn't totally turn off or so hidden/complicated people are not a sure if its truely disabled. The next thing you know, WDW will offer devices to rent like a stroller. The only other options is to purchase a device that only allows WiFi.

unkadug

We don't usually stay at the hotels because we're so close, but we always eat somewhere expensive (at least Via Napoli or Yak and Yeti level) for at least one of our meals, and occasionally (once every couple of days) stay at a hotel for a few days to get the "full experience", but only because we can afford it (which is because we pay for the AP's by month). We don't buy merchandise anymore, because there is nothing unique or enticing to buy. Disney takes away AP's, there goes my ability to stay in a hotel, and with that, there goes my trips to Disney, because if Disney thinks I'm going to pay for four one-day parkhoppers at those prices, their heads are stuck even farther up their (pick an orifice) than I thought. I am a paying customer. If I'm not in Disney's target demographic based on that last sentence alone, then the company truly is being run by morons.
Nope MBA's. :D

Computer Magic

Nope MBA's. :D
Let's not insult the MBA's by placing them with WDW execs :lol. Seems more like CPA or Accounting. MBA is "suppose" to be more strategic thinking and not counting every penny. Yes some CPA/Accounting degrees become MBA but so do other degress that aren't bean counters.

unkadug

Let's not insult the MBA's by placing them with WDW execs :lol. Seems more like CPA or Accounting. MBA is "suppose" to be more strategic thinking and not counting every penny.
I apologize to all MBA's. I guess "Disney Executive" would have been a more apropos term.

Pumbas Nakasak

So T-Mobel either doesn't totally turn off or so hidden/complicated people are not a sure if its truely disabled. The next thing you know, WDW will offer devices to rent like a stroller. The only other options is to purchase a device that only allows WiFi.

To be honest if an enhanced experience is dependent on a phone rental may be a good option for some international travellers.

phi2134

Does anyone know when they will start using the wristbands for good, no more testing? Or have they already been rolled out?

Pumbas Nakasak

Does anyone know when they will start using the wristbands for good, no more testing? Or have they already been rolled out?

I think its clear based on the initial post that when wrist bands roll out they will be still testing and adjusting for years to come

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom