Next Generation Fastpass?

What do you think about remote/advanced fast pass options?

• Love it, sounds great, about time!

Votes: 47 21.6%
  • Sounds okay, I'll wait and see.

Votes: 84 38.5%
  • Hate it, dumb idea, see lots of problems!

Votes: 75 34.4%
  • Not sure, don't care

Votes: 12 5.5%

• Total voters

Mr. Morrow

Any FP's based on which resort you're in sounds like a bad idea to me. I already feel like I get dirty looks from people in the standby line as I move past them, and they had the same access to it as I did!

And this is coming from someone who typically stays at the deluxe resorts.

Why do you care if they give you dirty looks, they should have got a FP.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Why do you care if they give you dirty looks, they should have got a FP.
I get dirty looks when going through the fast pass line as well allthough me giving the guests in the stand by line the looser sign on my forehead might have something to do with it.:D

Mr. Morrow

The point is that the restaurants cannot be considered a benefit because they're available to everyone, and being a resort guest doesn't give you special privileges to eat at the restaurant in your own hotel.

I agree with that there should be priority acsess for Resort guests and AP holders.

devoy1701

I agree with that there should be priority acsess for Resort guests and AP holders.

it sounds like we're opening up another can of worms here. I do believe that dining location at the resorts (atleast the deluxe resorts) should become more of a perk for those guests...there should be a certain amount of ressies a night available for resort guests to be able to walkup and get seated sometime that night at the restaurant in their hotel.

mrbghd

Just for resort guests. Unless the AP holder is staying at the resort they should not be entitled to anything special. In fact AP holders account for the highest amount of complaints of all groups and spends the least per capita in the parks. I do not want to give up my source on this but it is financially accurate.

devoy1701

Just for resort guests. Unless the AP holder is staying at the resort they should not be entitled to anything special. In fact AP holders account for the highest amount of complaints of all groups and spends the least per capita in the parks. I do not want to give up my source on this but it is financially accurate.

I'd agree. Being a passholder, I would say we spend more than your average passholder....but being that we visit so frequently, we don't go around buying every souvenier, buying breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, photopasses, etc. We usually buy one meal and we buy some of the more expensive collectors items every couple visits, but only when we can apply our discounts!

So yes, I do not think AP holders should get extra FP privilages if they are not staying in a resort.

BTW, the poll results are pretty well split. but a majority being either somewhat in favor or definitely in favor of some sort of tiered system...very interesting!

njDizFan

I'm kind of on the fence on this arguement. Maybe a deluxe resort roomholder should get some additional perks. But I also definately think there is a substantial perk just staying in the resort.

For example, staying at AKL, you have access to a beautiful pool, stroll downstairs and dine at Jiko or Boma. Have a drink at Uzima Springs. Walk outside to the savanah. Sit in the elaborately themed lobby. Very cool gift shop. Larger rooms.

Walk into an All-Star resort and you get...a Holiday Inn, with a crumby quick service restaurant.

Also, by the same logic posted earlier: If only resort roomholders are allowed in a restaurant, would that apply to deluxe trying to dine at a moderate?(Boatwrights used to have a great breakfast:cry:) Or someone from GF trying to book spirit of aloha at Poly? Or BC doing hoop-de-doo?

tirian

No, no, I don't think that at all. I'm just saying that the restaurants cannot be considered a benefit of staying in a deluxe hotel. :wave:

We're all getting off track. The big question is whether or not the deluxe resorts need priority FP as some sort of perk, and IMO, the answer is no.

tirian

The AP complaints helped DL in California, but they don't spend much over there, either.

tirian

I'm kind of on the fence on this arguement. Maybe a deluxe resort roomholder should get some additional perks. But I also definately think there is a substantial perk just staying in the resort.

For example, staying at AKL, you have access to a beautiful pool, stroll downstairs and dine at Jiko or Boma. Have a drink at Uzima Springs. Walk outside to the savanah. Sit in the elaborately themed lobby. Very cool gift shop. Larger rooms.

Walk into an All-Star resort and you get...a Holiday Inn, with a crumby quick service restaurant.

EXACTLY. That's why I stay Deluxe.* Plus the locations are unbeatable. I do think the rooms should offer more amenities; but overall, there's enough of a difference between Deluxe and Value to justify a higher price (but not the prices they charge!)—and the hotels have nothing to do with one's place in the theme park. No, guests staying in deluxe hotels do not deserve special FPs.

*Now that I think about it, I haven't stayed at a value resort in years.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
Plus the locations are unbeatable. I do think the rooms should offer more amenities; but overall, there's enough of a difference between Deluxe and Value to justify a higher price (but not the prices they charge!)—and the hotels have nothing to do with one's place in the theme park. No, guests staying in deluxe hotels do not deserve special FPs.

I might agree with you if we're talking about non peak season when the parks are only half full. But when the crowds start picking up in the spring thru summer and then at Christmas time, having the advantage of being able to snag a few fastpasses before everyone else even enters the park sounds like a BIG perk to me.

Olijimcha

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL: These threads are great, boasting about spending substantial sums of cash on a product you don't feel is value for money. That doesn't make you look a big time charlie, more of a big time chump.

The deluxe resorts are fine as they stand, more substantial facilities, furnishings & fittings along with location are what you are paying for. Tell you what, if I didn't feel they were worth it I wouldn't stay there...and the promise of a crappy fast pass wouldn't be the answer to make me do so either.
Something else to ponder, the cost of staying at a deluxe can vary greatly between base & club level date & availability dependent - and if it's all about spend more get more how does the above work? Do we exclude the riff raff deluxe guests? Do we also exclude anyone staying on discount rates; in essence they are a freeloader too by these standards.

Honestly, if you truly believe a measure of ones wealth & how much cash they spend in WDW comes down to whether they are staying in a deluxe resort or not, that's nuts.

mrbghd

The problem with this argument is all of the things you mention are open to the general public (with the exception of the pool). Elimintate non AKL guests from going to get night vision and watching the animals and give priority for dining to resort guests then maybe. What you fail to understand is that the majority of upscale hotels provide this type of experience for their guests. The clientele the spend more get treated to special perks, like VIP dining and shows, etc.

devoy1701

so now sitting in my Deluxe Resort lobby is considered a perk????

I can do that and not be staying at ANY resort!

I think you all are starting to reeeeach.

tirian

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL: These threads are great, boasting about spending substantial sums of cash on a product you don't feel is value for money. That doesn't make you look a big time charlie, more of a big time chump.

The consensus seems to be that the deluxe resorts are indeed worth more than the values or moderates, but not as much as Disney charges before discounts. It's worth noting that even though Disney charges $400/night for many of their deluxe rooms, none of the Disney hotels has a five-diamond or five-star rating.

FWIW, I think the deluxe resorts are fine as they are, but need more amenities in the rooms for the prices commanded.

The deluxe resorts are fine as they stand, more substantial facilities, furnishings & fittings along with location are what you are paying for. Tell you what, if I didn't feel they were worth it I wouldn't stay there...and the promise of a crappy fast pass wouldn't be the answer to make me do so either.

I agree. Deluxe resorts DO offer enough to differentiate themselves from moderates, and FPs are unnecessary to cement the higher status.

In my huge post on page 9, I focused on why the tiered FP system wouldn't work from a logistical standpoint. I think some people are stubbornly insisting they deserve a special FP status simply because they're paying to stay at a deluxe hotel, and they think their hotel should make them special in the parks. In that case, you're right; they're chumps. They're already paying for a better hotel, and the parks don't owe them anything.

Something else to ponder, the cost of staying at a deluxe can vary greatly between base & club level date & availability dependent - and if it's all about spend more get more how does the above work? Do we exclude the riff raff deluxe guests? Do we also exclude anyone staying on discount rates; in essence they are a freeloader too by these standards.

Good point, especially since the majority of deluxe resort guests are on some sort of discount.

Honestly, if you truly believe a measure of ones wealth & how much cash they spend in WDW comes down to whether they are staying in a deluxe resort or not, that's nuts.

Yep. I've found that the parking lots in any moderate resort are full of just as many high-end cars as the deluxe resorts. And many wealthy guests stay at time shares that are just barely off property.

Main Street USA

You might wanna look into the vacation club, the rooms we stay in are pretty pricey but we dont pay a dime out of pocket:king:
Except for your dues (hundreds per year), and oh yeah, the tens of thousands of dollars you paid up front. How is that not "out of pocket?"

DVC is not a deal, or even a money saving option, with steep discounts available year round for anyone who bothers to make an effort to find them.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Except for your dues (hundreds per year), and oh yeah, the tens of thousands of dollars you paid up front. How is that not "out of pocket?"

DVC is not a deal, or even a money saving option, with steep discounts available year round for anyone who bothers to make an effort to find them.
Just out of morbid curiosity do you know if anyone has run the break even point (if there is one) for DVC with the resorts running 30%-40% discounts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom