Next Generation Fastpass?

What do you think about remote/advanced fast pass options?

• Love it, sounds great, about time!

Votes: 47 21.6%
  • Sounds okay, I'll wait and see.

Votes: 84 38.5%
  • Hate it, dumb idea, see lots of problems!

Votes: 75 34.4%
  • Not sure, don't care

Votes: 12 5.5%

• Total voters

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think that's a perfect analogy!

People in first class get to board first, deplane first, have more food options, better service, larger seat, etc.....

You're all on the same plane, you will all get to the same destination at the same time.

And at WDW all guests visit the same park and the same rides. One person may have to wait longer but they'll get on the same ride and see the same thing once they're on. It's not a special ride or additional rides for deluxe resort guests, everyone will be on the same ride.
A first class passenger got to get on the plane,fly there and back again over and over again at hie/her leisure until they got sick of it and then condensed to let you get on the attraction then it would be a correct analogy.

SleepingMonk

You're both getting on the same plane. First class gets to board first.

You're both getting on the same ride. Deluxe gets to ride first.

njDizFan

I can understand the arguement that accomodations at a resort should be given to resort roomholders first, but you can't deny the proximity to the accomodations are what is most important.

I can easily take a 30 minute bus ride into NYC right now and sit in the lobby of the Plaza and have a few drinks at the bar and dine in their restaurant.

But being able to wake up in the morning and walk out of my room and utilize these ammenities are a huge added bonus.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You're both getting on the same plane. First class gets to board first.

You're both getting on the same ride. Deluxe gets to ride first.
So the person with the fast pass waits in his ride vehicle for you to go through the line? For your analogy to work the attraction would just be an insignificant event in the journey from the entrance to the exit. I don't know about you but when I go on an attraction it is to enjoy the attraction not travel from the entrance to the exit. When I get on a plane the purpose is to go from A to B.

devoy1701

So the person with the fast pass waits in his ride vehicle for you to go through the line? For your analogy to work the attraction would just be an insignificant event in the journey from the entrance to the exit. I don't know about you but when I go on an attraction it is to enjoy the attraction not travel from the entrance to the exit. When I get on a plane the purpose is to go from A to B.

i don't see his analogy as saying that the ride is insignificant. I see it as saying the attraction (or airplane ride) is the same product regardless of if you had preferential treatment through First class or elevated FP status.

I think the example works in this case.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
i don't see his analogy as saying that the ride is insignificant. I see it as saying the attraction (or airplane ride) is the same product regardless of if you had preferential treatment through First class or elevated FP status.

I think the example works in this case.
I disagree. A person with an unlimited fast pass can ride an attraction over and over again while a standby guest is forced to wait basically almost until that person is finished. A first class passenger does not have this option. Sure they get on and off the plane first but everyone is still in the same ride vehicle so to speak.

SleepingMonk

I disagree. A person with an unlimited fast pass can ride an attraction over and over again while a standby guest is forced to wait basically almost until that person is finished.....

I've never seen them take huge groups from the FastPass line until it was completely empty while the regular line backed up.

They always seem to pulse the lines, merging them, and usually the FastPass line is only a few people at a time.

devoy1701

I disagree. A person with an unlimited fast pass can ride an attraction over and over again while a standby guest is forced to wait basically almost until that person is finished. A first class passenger does not have this option. Sure they get on and off the plane first but everyone is still in the same ride vehicle so to speak.

when did we start talking about an unlimited FP? I thought we were still thinking along the lines of they can hold 2 FPs during the same window or the amount of time needed to elapse between FPs would be shortened.

I don't agree with anyone being able to have unrestricted FP privilages.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've never seen them take huge groups from the FastPass line until it was completely empty while the regular line backed up.

They always seem to pulse the lines, merging them, and usually the FastPass line is only a few people at a time.
It depends on the CM and the park. The last time I was at US if there were people in the express pass line they went ahead of standby...end of story. While I have not seen it happen to this extreme in WDW I have seen it close to it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
when did we start talking about an unlimited FP? I thought we were still thinking along the lines of they can hold 2 FPs during the same window or the amount of time needed to elapse between FPs would be shortened.

I don't agree with anyone being able to have unrestricted FP privilages.
The whole range has been discussed. The engineer in me tends to default to worst case scenario.

Allowing a guest to hold 2 fastpasses at the same time would not have a drastic effect everywhere but in instances where you have 2 popular attraction right next to other (ie Splash, BTMRR.... nearly all of FL, etc) you do have the possibility for a bit of a cascade effect.

stlbobby

I was offered 100 pts at saratoga springs for 9,000 USD... I have no idea if thats a good deal or a good resort. Ive never stayed in a WDW resort :shrug:

Whether or not it is a good deal depends on how long the contract runs. The contracts have expiration dates and I do not know all the possible combinations. What you need to do is find out how many years are remaining on the contract and then call Disney and find out what points for SSR are going for right now. If it is more than $90 per point for something of equitable length then it is a good deal. I would also check out timeshare resale sites and get some ballpark figures there.

SSR is a great resort, but I love all the WDW resorts. SSR has wonderfully appointed grounds right on the lake across from DTD, in fact DTD is with-in walking distance from much of the resort. It is also the clubhouse for one of the golf courses and hosts one of the best spas on property. The central pool is nice, but not as big or as activity oriented as other resorts, but there are many quiet pools throughout the resort. The food court is a bit small, but the Turf Club is one of the more highly rated casual resort eateries.

In general it is one of the quieter more adult oriented locations.

With the DVC plan, your points are good at any of the resorts. SSR would be your home resort and you would be able to book 11 months out there. You would be able to book, using your points, at other properties 7 months out. The amount of points you'd use depends on the resort, the size of the room, and the time of year. Generally if a resort has "villas" they are part of the DVC system and you can get rooms for less points than at the standard resorts, but almost all of the deluxe resorts have "villas" so that distinction is less important.

Hope that helps. If you are interested go to the WDW site and they will send you a package explaining all the ins and outs.

tirian

I agree. I assumed you did get priority seating at your own resort, you really should.

You know, the more you guys mention this, the more I'm changing my mind and agreeing with you. It is ridiculous for Disney to build restaurants in hotels, and the hotel guests can't even use those restaurants because they're booked solid with DDP reservations. At the very least, a certain number of tables should be reserved for walk-ins, which would be predominantly hotel guests anyway.

tirian

Whether or not it is a good deal depends on how long the contract runs. The contracts have expiration dates and I do not know all the possible combinations. What you need to do is find out how many years are remaining on the contract and then call Disney and find out what points for SSR are going for right now. If it is more than $90 per point for something of equitable length then it is a good deal. I would also check out timeshare resale sites and get some ballpark figures there.

SSR is a great resort, but I love all the WDW resorts. SSR has wonderfully appointed grounds right on the lake across from DTD, in fact DTD is with-in walking distance from much of the resort. It is also the clubhouse for one of the golf courses and hosts one of the best spas on property. The central pool is nice, but not as big or as activity oriented as other resorts, but there are many quiet pools throughout the resort. The food court is a bit small, but the Turf Club is one of the more highly rated casual resort eateries.

In general it is one of the quieter more adult oriented locations.

With the DVC plan, your points are good at any of the resorts. SSR would be your home resort and you would be able to book 11 months out there. You would be able to book, using your points, at other properties 7 months out. The amount of points you'd use depends on the resort, the size of the room, and the time of year. Generally if a resort has "villas" they are part of the DVC system and you can get rooms for less points than at the standard resorts, but almost all of the deluxe resorts have "villas" so that distinction is less important.

Hope that helps. If you are interested go to the WDW site and they will send you a package explaining all the ins and outs.

I stayed at SSR late last year; it's a great resort if you have your own vehicle. The bus service is abysmal.

mrbghd

I don't have a problem with the lexus or first class, or for that matter- multi-millionaires........I know alot of em personally ( the founder of urban outfitters for example). I am not broke, I am middle class.

My point is, I am into fairness, the world (real world) has a way of kissing anyone's butt who has a couple of bucks, while the rest are left to fend for themselves.

At Disney, the deluxe resorts already have so many more perks that the others- wifi in the lobby and pool areas, better rooms ,ect. Hey if you make the bucks, GO FOR IT!!!!! I would too.
Disney is suppose to be a family place- for everyone.
NOt a place where the wealthy get to own the joint.....They already own EVERYTING ELSE.- GO TO THE HAMPTONS

Anyway- I don't have a problem with you or the lexus or the rich.
I guess as long as it's FAIR I don't care. But there are so many cases of how money gets it's way, sometimes it just ruins the experience for the rest of us.:hammer:
I hope I didn't offend you, if I did, I am sorry
It is more about how society views people that are rich in comparison to the rest of us.
I will do a bit more homework on the NEXT GEN FP- if I am wrong about it, I will say I am .:D

Why does this have to be fair? There is no Constitutional right to a Disney vacation. Everyone always says Walt wouldn't like this. Guess what, Walt was a businessman and was in it to make money. Everythign else was just slick marketing. If we are so concerned with fairness let's just make all hotels on property like Motel 6 so even more people can afford to go. What would that accomplish? You got it, the ned of Disneyworld. I am so tired of all of the talk baout we have to be fair in this country. I busted my butt to get where I am today and I am proud of that! Why is it fair that my experience should suffer just because someone else hasn't made the same choices I made. BTW, the argument that the lobby and etc. are already perks at a Deluxe resort is wrong. It is not a perk it is a public place that anyone is allowed. Limit access to the resorts t oresort guests only and it would then be a perk. Also FYI, I have become so annoyed at the amount of people that do not stay at the resort that visit it that We have begun staying at Pop and I spend the extra on another trip to Vegas for myself.

devoy1701

You know, the more you guys mention this, the more I'm changing my mind and agreeing with you. It is ridiculous for Disney to build restaurants in hotels, and the hotel guests can't even use those restaurants because they're booked solid with DDP reservations. At the very least, a certain number of tables should be reserved for walk-ins, which would be predominantly hotel guests anyway.

Yep. I mentioned it in another post that they should have x amount of reservations per night for walk-up guests of that resort. I'm not saying all guests should be able to eat there whenever they want to. But you should be able to have a reasonable expectation that you can get seated at the restaurant in your resort.

If I stay at the Wilderness Lodge and at that day I come back from the parks for an afternoon rest and decide that I actually don't want to go back to parks that night like I thought I would want to...i should be able to get SOME kind of table service dining at my resort that night. My only choices shouldn't be in-room dining or the Roaring Forks.

Things to think about...

devoy1701

Why does this have to be fair? There is no Constitutional right to a Disney vacation. Everyone always says Walt wouldn't like this. Guess what, Walt was a businessman and was in it to make money. Everythign else was just slick marketing. If we are so concerned with fairness let's just make all hotels on property like Motel 6 so even more people can afford to go. What would that accomplish? You got it, the ned of Disneyworld. I am so tired of all of the talk baout we have to be fair in this country. I busted my butt to get where I am today and I am proud of that! Why is it fair that my experience should suffer just because someone else hasn't made the same choices I made. BTW, the argument that the lobby and etc. are already perks at a Deluxe resort is wrong. It is not a perk it is a public place that anyone is allowed. Limit access to the resorts t oresort guests only and it would then be a perk. Also FYI, I have become so annoyed at the amount of people that do not stay at the resort that visit it that We have begun staying at Pop and I spend the extra on another trip to Vegas for myself.

he was never in it to make money. Not according to any book I've ever read on the guy. Just wanted to point that out.

but yes. No one said everything has to be fair

devoy1701

I don't know if anyone already mentioned this, But Disneyland Paris already offers a Disney Hotel Fastpass and a Castleclub Fastpass (which gives Castle Club guests unlimited access to fastpass).

Maybe WDW is looking to go to something similar?

stlbobby

I stayed at SSR late last year; it's a great resort if you have your own vehicle. The bus service is abysmal.

I have stayed there many times and the bus service has always been great. It also has the added advantage of being able to walk directly to the DTD bus stop so going from resort to resort is usually easier.

Most of the time when someone has a bad experience with bus service it is really just luck of the draw. I had a great run of service at the All-Stars two years ago, but had I been just 3-5 minutes later to a half dozen stops over the week it wouldn't have looked so good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom