Next Generation Fastpass?

What do you think about remote/advanced fast pass options?

• Love it, sounds great, about time!

Votes: 47 21.6%
  • Sounds okay, I'll wait and see.

Votes: 84 38.5%
  • Hate it, dumb idea, see lots of problems!

Votes: 75 34.4%
  • Not sure, don't care

Votes: 12 5.5%

• Total voters

Mr. Morrow

I'm kind of on the fence on this arguement. Maybe a deluxe resort roomholder should get some additional perks. But I also definately think there is a substantial perk just staying in the resort.

For example, staying at AKL, you have access to a beautiful pool, stroll downstairs and dine at Jiko or Boma. Have a drink at Uzima Springs. Walk outside to the savanah. Sit in the elaborately themed lobby. Very cool gift shop. Larger rooms.

Walk into an All-Star resort and you get...a Holiday Inn, with a crumby quick service restaurant.

Also, by the same logic posted earlier: If only resort roomholders are allowed in a restaurant, would that apply to deluxe trying to dine at a moderate?(Boatwrights used to have a great breakfast:cry:) Or someone from GF trying to book spirit of aloha at Poly? Or BC doing hoop-de-doo?

You have the same access as people who aren't staying anywhere on property. That is my issue if I am paying top dollar to stay at AKL I should get priority access to Jiko and Boma. Make it so I don't need a reservation like other people do. I don't think it is too unreasonable for getting priority access to the restaurants in your own hotel.

stlbobby

Except for your dues (hundreds per year), and oh yeah, the tens of thousands of dollars you paid up front. How is that not "out of pocket?"

DVC is not a deal, or even a money saving option, with steep discounts available year round for anyone who bothers to make an effort to find them.

I haven't run the numbers, but I have seen it on other threads, and those posters always claim the rate is much better for DVC. It also depends on when you bought into DVC. The longer you own points, as room rates rise, DVC becomes a better and better deal.

sublimesting

You have the same access as people who aren't staying anywhere on property. That is my issue if I am paying top dollar to stay at AKL I should get priority access to Jiko and Boma. Make it so I don't need a reservation like other people do. I don't think it is too unreasonable for getting priority access to the restaurants in your own hotel.

I agree. I assumed you did get priority seating at your own resort, you really should.

ddbowdoin

I haven't run the numbers, but I have seen it on other threads, and those posters always claim the rate is much better for DVC. It also depends on when you bought into DVC. The longer you own points, as room rates rise, DVC becomes a better and better deal.

I was offered 100 pts at saratoga springs for 9,000 USD... I have no idea if thats a good deal or a good resort. Ive never stayed in a WDW resort :shrug:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
facepalm_anim_test-03.gif

Mickey is King

short answer-----NO!

just because you have more money shouldn't mean that you get first dibs on the attractions.
What is this, ENRON OR WALLSTREET?

No,No,NO,NO,NO.........

I know Disney is a business but c'mon Mickey, us blue collar folk desreve just as much of a chance as the privilaged............. Don't penalize us because we don't have the world happily handed to us on a silver spoon platter.

Please, anyone who has a few bucks don't take offense to this, but if someone doesn't speak up- the little people will starve while you sit a banquet.(so to speak):(

Mr. Morrow

short answer-----NO!

just because you have more money shouldn't mean that you get first dibs on the attractions.
What is this, ENRON OR WALLSTREET?

No,No,NO,NO,NO.........

I know Disney is a business but c'mon Mickey, us blue collar folk desreve just as much of a chance as the privilaged............. Don't penalize us because we don't have the world happily handed to us on a silver spoon platter.

Please, anyone who has a few bucks don't take offense to this, but if someone doesn't speak up- the little people will starve while you sit a banquet.(so to speak):(

This is ridiculous you wouldn't be penalized this would be limited each day. If we are willing to pay for it there shouldn't be a problem. Also since it would be limited you wouldn't even notice.

Do you have a problem with people flying first class or driving a Lexus?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is ridiculous you wouldn't be penalized this would be limited each day. If we are willing to pay for it there shouldn't be a problem. Also since it would be limited you wouldn't even notice.

Bad analogy. Someone flying first class dose not negatively impact me flying coach nore does someone driving a Lexus negatively impact me driving my Kia. A pay for fast pass/fast pass perk system has to potential to negatively impact my day at WDW.

Mr. Morrow

Bad analogy. Someone flying first class dose not negatively impact me flying coach nore does someone driving a Lexus negatively impact me driving my Kia. A pay for fast pass/fast pass perk system has to potential to negatively impact my day at WDW.

I doubt you would really notice anything was different.

1. You have to be staying at a deluxe resort. (this eliminates a lot of people)
2. This would not be free, charge for this and you eliminate even more people.
3. Put a limit on the number you hand out a day.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

So you would be limiting an already limited number?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Sounds great in theory...in practice it could turn out quite differently. The only way any system other than what is in place could work is by reducing the number of fast passes given out at the machines. This would then make fast passes harder to get and for attractions like TSM it has the potential to make them near impossible to get. If they were to do an unlimited fast pass similar to US all it would take is a group of 20-30 using one over and over again to all but shut down the standby line at an attraction like TSM.

Mickey is King

I don't have a problem with the lexus or first class, or for that matter- multi-millionaires........I know alot of em personally ( the founder of urban outfitters for example). I am not broke, I am middle class.

My point is, I am into fairness, the world (real world) has a way of kissing anyone's butt who has a couple of bucks, while the rest are left to fend for themselves.

At Disney, the deluxe resorts already have so many more perks that the others- wifi in the lobby and pool areas, better rooms ,ect. Hey if you make the bucks, GO FOR IT!!!!! I would too.
Disney is suppose to be a family place- for everyone.
NOt a place where the wealthy get to own the joint.....They already own EVERYTING ELSE.- GO TO THE HAMPTONS

Anyway- I don't have a problem with you or the lexus or the rich.
I guess as long as it's FAIR I don't care. But there are so many cases of how money gets it's way, sometimes it just ruins the experience for the rest of us.:hammer:
I hope I didn't offend you, if I did, I am sorry
It is more about how society views people that are rich in comparison to the rest of us.
I will do a bit more homework on the NEXT GEN FP- if I am wrong about it, I will say I am .:D

Mickey is King

Thank you Master Yoda , you have said it better than I could.:cool:

Mr. Morrow

Sounds great in theory...in practice it could turn out quite differently. The only way any system other than what is in place could work is by reducing the number of fast passes given out at the machines. This would then make fast passes harder to get and for attractions like TSM it has the potential to make them near impossible to get. If they were to do an unlimited fast pass similar to US all it would take is a group of 20-30 using one over and over again to all but shut down the standby line at an attraction like TSM.

You are right it probaly won't work, I tried lol :shrug:

I don't have a problem with the lexus or first class, or for that matter- multi-millionaires........I know alot of em personally ( the founder of urban outfitters for example). I am not broke, I am middle class.

My point is, I am into fairness, the world (real world) has a way of kissing anyone's butt who has a couple of bucks, while the rest are left to fend for themselves.

At Disney, the deluxe resorts already have so many more perks that the others- wifi in the lobby and pool areas, better rooms ,ect. Hey if you make the bucks, GO FOR IT!!!!! I would too.
Disney is suppose to be a family place- for everyone.
NOt a place where the wealthy get to own the joint.....They already own EVERYTING ELSE.

Anyway- I don't have a problem with you or the lexus or the rich.
I guess as long as it's FAIR I don't care. But there are so many cases of how money gets it's way, sometimes it just ruins the experience for the rest of us.:hammer:
I hope I didn't offend you, if I did, I am sorry
It is more about how society views people that are rich in comparison to the rest of us.
I will do a bit more homework on the NEXT GEN FP- if I am wrong about it, I will say I am .:D

You didn't offend me and I am not rich. I drive an 2003 Oldsmoblie Alero because I choose to stay deluxe rather spend my money in WDW than drive an expensive car :shrug:. SO no offence taken here. :wave:

Mickey is King

EXAMPLE:
Imagine this: You get up early to go to a park, get you fastpass for SOARIN' BUt the fastpass line already has a 2hr. wait time.

That is what I see.:cool:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It is the only way it might work with out upsetting the flow of FP.

So, you would limit the number of FPs available, even to those staying in a Deluxe, who in theory are paying for the privledge already?

Like I said before:

facepalm_anim_test-03.gif

Mickey is King

You are right it probaly won't work, I tried lol :shrug:

You didn't offend me and I am not rich. I drive an 2003 Oldsmoblie Alero because I choose to stay deluxe rather spend my money in WDW than drive an expensive car :shrug:. SO no offence taken here. :wave:

great! because that wasn't my intent.

I CHOOSE to stay in a value resort over a moderate, just because when I'm at the world, I'm never in the room, and barely at the hotel! To much else to do!

SleepingMonk

Bad analogy. Someone flying first class dose not negatively impact me flying coach.....

I think that's a perfect analogy!

People in first class get to board first, deplane first, have more food options, better service, larger seat, etc.....

You're all on the same plane, you will all get to the same destination at the same time.

And at WDW all guests visit the same park and the same rides. One person may have to wait longer but they'll get on the same ride and see the same thing once they're on. It's not a special ride or additional rides for deluxe resort guests, everyone will be on the same ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom