Next Generation Fastpass?

What do you think about remote/advanced fast pass options?

• Love it, sounds great, about time!

Votes: 47 21.6%
  • Sounds okay, I'll wait and see.

Votes: 84 38.5%
  • Hate it, dumb idea, see lots of problems!

Votes: 75 34.4%
  • Not sure, don't care

Votes: 12 5.5%

• Total voters

stlbobby

Why does this have to be fair? There is no Constitutional right to a Disney vacation. Everyone always says Walt wouldn't like this. Guess what, Walt was a businessman and was in it to make money. Everythign else was just slick marketing. If we are so concerned with fairness let's just make all hotels on property like Motel 6 so even more people can afford to go. What would that accomplish? You got it, the ned of Disneyworld. I am so tired of all of the talk baout we have to be fair in this country. I busted my butt to get where I am today and I am proud of that! Why is it fair that my experience should suffer just because someone else hasn't made the same choices I made. BTW, the argument that the lobby and etc. are already perks at a Deluxe resort is wrong. It is not a perk it is a public place that anyone is allowed. Limit access to the resorts t oresort guests only and it would then be a perk. Also FYI, I have become so annoyed at the amount of people that do not stay at the resort that visit it that We have begun staying at Pop and I spend the extra on another trip to Vegas for myself.

It's not about fairness for the sake of fairness. It is about business. Disney wants to enticing the top dollar guests without alienating the general public. It is a balancing act to keep both segments as happy as possible.

If they are hesitant about adding in-park perks for the deluxe resort guest, it isn't out of some weird communistic bent, it is because they do not want to devalue to product for the masses.

To this point it has been their policy to keep the division exclusively between on-property and off-property for the biggest most visible perks, and keep the higher end options at the resorts or quietly invisible.

It's my personal opinion that they will continue this policy for the near future, so if FP system is changed to give certain guests and advantage it will be implemented for all the WDW resorts.

Main Street USA

I haven't run the numbers, but I have seen it on other threads, and those posters always claim the rate is much better for DVC. It also depends on when you bought into DVC. The longer you own points, as room rates rise, DVC becomes a better and better deal.
Your dues rise at a higher rate than the room rates rise. There are several sites where you can see the research that show this.

Besides that, I continually pay less than a DVC member for my deluxe room, and for DVC rooms I get the same discounts. Simple as that. I know what they pay (and what they paid up front) an I pay less. Always.

stlbobby

Your dues rise at a higher rate than the room rates rise. There are several sites where you can see the research that show this.

Besides that, I continually pay less than a DVC member for my deluxe room, and for DVC rooms I get the same discounts. Simple as that. I know what they pay (and what they paid up front) an I pay less. Always.

I do not believe that it is that cut and dried.

There is another thread currently running:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=600504

where posters claim the DVC is a way better deal and one poster has more actual facts and figures than you present here. I know my dues have not increased that much at all the last few years and I know they haven't out-paced the room rates.

I really do not think you are beating the DVC rates the way you think you are.

Mickey is King

Why does this have to be fair? There is no Constitutional right to a Disney vacation. Everyone always says Walt wouldn't like this. Guess what, Walt was a businessman and was in it to make money. Everythign else was just slick marketing. If we are so concerned with fairness let's just make all hotels on property like Motel 6 so even more people can afford to go. What would that accomplish? You got it, the ned of Disneyworld. I am so tired of all of the talk baout we have to be fair in this country. I busted my butt to get where I am today and I am proud of that! Why is it fair that my experience should suffer just because someone else hasn't made the same choices I made. BTW, the argument that the lobby and etc. are already perks at a Deluxe resort is wrong. It is not a perk it is a public place that anyone is allowed. Limit access to the resorts t oresort guests only and it would then be a perk. Also FYI, I have become so annoyed at the amount of people that do not stay at the resort that visit it that We have begun staying at Pop and I spend the extra on another trip to Vegas for myself.

A: I'm glad you got to where you are today-really - but we are all not clued in on everyone elses life trials. Some people have made all the right moves and gotten nowhere in life due to many different circumstances out of their control.

B: yes it is a perk for the deluxe resorts- the values' don't offer it. I may be able to go there and use the perks, but would I really for 30 min. of internet by the pool? No. probably not.

C: How would evenly distributing NEXT GEN FP in a "fair" manner ruin your experience at Disney? Do you think you deserve better treatment than others just because you earn more money?

D: There are plenty of people who work VERY hard everyday for less than they "deserve". They may not be able to buy 7 cars, but they can sure fix them for you. No one is REALLY any better than anyone else. the world needs executives & car wash employees. If anything you should feel a bit of gratitude for the hard working Americans' that line the pockets of the rich with all of our
grunt work.:veryconfu

Just a thought- not ment to be taken hostile.

Mickey is King

Tried but couldn't let it go........Yes, I agree, let's motel 6 it or what ever so "everyone" can go

Sir, I am truely sorry, but you seem to have an attitude about less than well-to-do people.
Sorry if the scumbags are ruining your good time.-(please realize that most cast members that treat you so nice make less than 35,000).... your right Disney should only be a privilage to the wealthy, and over-eductated people, maybe only American's also...............from only 10 states that have the highest incomes per capita.

If this is the way you feel, maybe you should float a trip to the Hamptons, not many commoners there. except for the "help"- oh yeah , they don't matter.

Sorry I sound so harsh , but geez guy. have a heart.

devoy1701

I just wanted to point out that you do need to be rich to stay at the Deluxe Resorts.

We stay at them regularly and we're college students who make more than your average college kids, but we're on average with a middle class family.

It's about personal taste, and we don't mind spending more money on our accomodations. And because we do put out more money for them, we do appreciate the extra amenities we get and would very much appreciate any added incentives to our spending more on our accomodations such as NextGen Fastpasses and Priority Seating at the resort restaurants. Heck, even free Wi-Fi would be appreciated!

wizards8507

You know, the more you guys mention this, the more I'm changing my mind and agreeing with you. It is ridiculous for Disney to build restaurants in hotels, and the hotel guests can't even use those restaurants because they're booked solid with DDP reservations. At the very least, a certain number of tables should be reserved for walk-ins, which would be predominantly hotel guests anyway.

Who started the myth that only people with Disney Dining Plan are allowed to make Advance Reservations? That's simply NOT TRUE.

DisneyJoe

Who started the myth that only people with Disney Dining Plan are allowed to make Advance Reservations? That's simply NOT TRUE.

That's not what they are saying - they are saying that the DDP is so popular that it fills the restaurants and other non-DDP guests have trouble getting ADR's....

wizards8507

That's not what they are saying - they are saying that the DDP is so popular that it fills the restaurants and other non-DDP guests have trouble getting ADR's....

That still doesn't make sense. It's like saying, "those people with credit cards make it impossible to get a meal!" DDP is a method of payment, it doesn't give anyone an advantage in getting reservations. Anyone and their brother can call their 180 days in advance to make ADRs. If the DP ceased to exist, the people who would have purchased them will STILL need to eat dinner, so the number of people pining for reservations would hold constant.

stlbobby

I took some time last night and did some math. I ran over a dozen scenarios at different resorts, different seasons, and different room sizes, and my DVC membership works out to a 55-75% discount every time and that is before you factor in any additional discounts for AP's, dining, and merchandise.

I have been a member for a while and got a good deal going in so others memberships may not be as lucrative right now, it would be rude to ask for someone's personal financials, but as their investment matures and their rates stay consistent while the room rates rise and discounts possibly disappear, even the most expensive contracts will end up beating the cash rates in the long run.

In short my DVC membership beats the best published discounts. Always.

DisneyJoe

DDP is a method of payment, it doesn't give anyone an advantage in getting reservations. Anyone and their brother can call their 180 days in advance to make ADRs. If the DP ceased to exist, the people who would have purchased them will STILL need to eat dinner, so the number of people pining for reservations would hold constant.

No one is saying that the DDP gives anyone an advantage. They are saying that many who purchase the DDP are now trying more table service meals than they used to, many who may just eat counter service - ESPECIALLY during Free Dining.

wizards8507

No one is saying that the DDP gives anyone an advantage. They are saying that many who purchase the DDP are now trying more table service meals than they used to, many who may just eat counter service - ESPECIALLY during Free Dining.

I had completely overlooked Free Dining. Haha with that in mind, I take back every bit of what I just said.

devoy1701

AP and FL resident discounts are usually no more than 40-42% off. His math gave "a 55-75% discount every time"...

is that before calculating yearly dues?? i guess it might make sense 55%-75% off of rack rates if your dues are running you about $1000 a year and staying a week in a deluxe would roughly run you $2500

wizards8507

is that before calculating yearly dues?? i guess it might make sense 55%-75% off of rack rates if your dues are running you about $1000 a year and staying a week in a deluxe would roughly run you $2500

That's also assuming that people paying list price would go for a Deluxe Resort every time.

tirian

I just wanted to point out that you do need to be rich to stay at the Deluxe Resorts.

We stay at them regularly and we're college students who make more than your average college kids, but we're on average with a middle class family.

It's about personal taste, and we don't mind spending more money on our accomodations. And because we do put out more money for them, we do appreciate the extra amenities we get and would very much appreciate any added incentives to our spending more on our accomodations such as NextGen Fastpasses and Priority Seating at the resort restaurants. Heck, even free Wi-Fi would be appreciated!

But all of us who stay at Deluxe Resorts are already getting what we're paying for. We're shelling out more money for deluxe digs, not special favors throughout WDW. Disney doesn't owe us anything in the parks.

DisneyJoe

I believe stlbobby did the same set of math that I did months ago, which included initial purchase price and yearly dues over the life of the membership including increases in dues.

I got the same 55-75%.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom