News and Rumors EXTRA

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We ate there in June and the place was almost completely empty at 2:00 in the afternoon...
I'm surprised it hasn't been big hit. Yes it is expensive, but the menu is very scalable to budget, and is somewhat like Food and Wine Festival.

71jason

I'm surprised it hasn't been big hit. Yes it is expensive, but the menu is very scalable to budget, and is somewhat like Food and Wine Festival.

"Middle Eastern"/Mediterranian food is a tough sell here in the US, for whatever political-cultural reasons. The quick-serve in Morocco is probably my favorite in WS, but it rarely draws a crowd, only time I've ever talked friends into going was after The Avengers briefly made shawarma a thing. It's a shame, too--one of the things I miss most from my time in London is the kebob shops.

Also--and this may be another American culture thing--but a "slider" that costs $9 goes beyond expensive and requires some new word for obscenely overpriced. Granted, I haven't tried it yet, and the $6 pulled pork "slider" during Flower & Garden was no such thing (it was roughly the size of a Big Mac), but I see $9 slider on the menu, I immediately decide to go elsewhere. Probably should've used another term.

RayTheFirefly

My best friend and I ate there in May, and we thought it was great. We expect food in Disney to be expensive, so there wasn't really any sticker shock. Great food, great atmosphere, and great view of the fireworks at night :). The staff was also really nice and helpful (they helped me retrieve my sunglasses I had left at the table when I got up).

Bocabear

We liked the place too, but for three people with just Iced tea to drink, the bill was about $60 and we all just had a little taste... The $9 lamb slider was good...but $9 for one?
We eat at the expensive restaurants and are used to the high prices, but I have to say, we all felt like they took advantage here and were just being insane with the pricing.
The food was good, but we would probably eat 30 feet away at Tangerine Cafe next time...
Not exactly the same thing I know, but for an afternoon meal I don't need to be robbed for a tidbit.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That was SO 2 years ago.

Now they make announcements about special over-priced dining and drinking events.
8996fcedc266a93f5414462e7df496335486598efd27fa7b76ff8df9670acab5.jpg

FigmentJedi

Legendary Pictures announced that not only is Godzilla 2 coming (with Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah in tow), but so will a new Kong film focusing on Skull Island.

Screw that Kong on the Jurassic Park expansion plot rumor for Universal Studios, just turn Toon Lagoon into Monster Island!

Mike S

Legendary Pictures announced that not only is Godzilla 2 coming (with Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah in tow), but so will a new Kong film focusing on Skull Island.

Screw that Kong on the Jurassic Park expansion plot rumor for Universal Studios, just turn Toon Lagoon into Monster Island!
Or, that could be an area of the new park ;) Skull Island could still go to IoA since it's happening anyway. Can't wait to see King Ghidorah in the new movie. I've never seen the old movies but I did have a Godzilla game for my SNES as a kid.

FigmentJedi

Or, that could be an area of the new park ;) Skull Island could still go to IoA since it's happening anyway. Can't wait to see King Ghidorah in the new movie. I've never seen the old movies but I did have a Godzilla game for my SNES as a kid.
Well now's as good a time as any. Most of the series is in print now as far as DVD/Blu-Rays go. Classic Media's got about half the 50s-70s movies in a box set, with a few other releases this year covering most of the gaps (Son of Godzilla and the original Mechagodzilla are OOP).
As far as 80s-2004 goes, only Godzilla '85 is unaccounted for and Sony pretty much has everything else covered. Biollante's trickier as the standalone release went out of print, but I believe you can still find it in some sets packaged with some generic Sci-Fi Channel schlock.

The 80s-90s series is the basis of that SNES game by the way.

Mike S

yep, based on PJ film ..and speaking of, i hope its different then USH version.
Oh, it's different
Let me know what you get from this statement. Courtesy Hate To Fly in a post he shared a little less than a year ago on another forum.
"The entrance themed to ruins with waterfalls bursting out of the façade. It will feature a massive themed “underground” temple queue surround among more ancient ruins. The tandem entertainment guided EMV’s will leave the temple and head out into the wilderness. Outside will feature large AA’s most that we avoid as our guide shows us the way on our journey. We then enter the massive sound stage where we will encounter numerous AA’s, giant insects, projected effects, live fire effects, and a host of other live effects. We will also see one creature utilize Kukas for arms that attack the RV’s. At one point even our driver is captured and were left to fend for ourselves in the wilderness. The final and very large scene involves the big man coming from multiple angles on both sides of the RV. "

Cesar R M

they also announced Guardians of the Galaxy 2 at comicon. I wonder if they got very good reviews at the previews (so far 100% at Rottentomatoes)

stevehousse

they also announced Guardians of the Galaxy 2 at comicon. I wonder if they got very good reviews at the previews (so far 100% at Rottentomatoes)

I have heard nothing but great things about Guardians and it really helps tie into the rest of the MCU quite well.

Speaking of which, it's obvious that the "stones" have played a huge role in all the movies and I have a feeling that down the road we gonna see a Marvel movie that is just jam packed with every character across the McU...pure epicness!!!

bhg469

I have heard nothing but great things about Guardians and it really helps tie into the rest of the MCU quite well.

Speaking of which, it's obvious that the "stones" have played a huge role in all the movies and I have a feeling that down the road we gonna see a Marvel movie that is just jam packed with every character across the McU...pure epicness!!!
2 different quick silvers in 2 different movies in the same year, is really making me angry though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom