News and Rumors EXTRA

PhotoDave219

And here I thought they cancelled the parade to do something about all that

I thought the same thing.

The last I heard on that particular subject… Realignment of the entrance in the parking lot, not Studios entertainment… was that they were not going to do anything to the entrance of studios or the parking lot until Disney springs is finished.

That's three years from now and God knows what can happen in three years.

doctornick

This is because they force everyone (including all of the busses) out a 2 lane road that has a stop light at the end. They really need to consider rerouting Exiting Guest traffic to Victory way (to the west). In addition to this they would need to rebuild Victory way to install extra lanes and install ramps to eliminate the need for a traffic light. Additionally the north end of Victory way would need a dedicated turn lane to again eliminate a traffic light for those turning right.

Don't plans already exist for something like this (I remember an entrance/exit from Victory being mentioned). Don't know what the status of those plans is, but it seems like it was "definitely" going to happen a few months back then we didn't hear much about it.

The last I heard on that particular subject… Realignment of the entrance in the parking lot, not Studios entertainment… was that they were not going to do anything to the entrance of studios or the parking lot until Disney springs is finished.

Why would they need to wait for that? The projects wouldn't be remotely related and wouldn't impact each other if they went on simultaneously.

dadddio

Why would they need to wait for that? The projects wouldn't be remotely related and wouldn't impact each other if they went on simultaneously.
The only related thing that I can imagine is that they might want the parking structures at Disney Springs to be completed so that they can use that as DHS parking overflow while they are working on the entrance and parking lots.

PeterAlt

It has become apparent that we need a thread in the News and Rumors section for ongoing, related, unrelated, miscellaneous - and general 'News and Rumors' chat.

Please remember, if you are talking about a specific topic, it is still better to create or take part in an existing dedicated thread for that topic.
Excellent ideas!

PhotoDave219

Don't plans already exist for something like this (I remember an entrance/exit from Victory being mentioned). Don't know what the status of those plans is, but it seems like it was "definitely" going to happen a few months back then we didn't hear much about it.

Mine is not to explain the why.

I have no damn idea why other then budgetary.

Kman101

It is kind of funny (in a sad way) that they can't do more than one or two projects at a time.

Parking is awful and the crowds exiting are a big reason why I tend to not stick around for evening festivities.

bethymouse

The raising of the prices is something that is happening all over this country, the grocery store, gas, health insurance and in everything we do. You really can't bellyache about the prices when you keep it in perspective to the way things have become over the last 5 years
Yep- I'm right there w/ ya!:mad:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Living in a beach town has taught me that tourists and merging lanes do not mix. Common sense seems to go out the window for many when they go on vacation.

The very reason I ride Disney Transportation when vacationing at the World.

CDavid

Looks to me like it would be more efficient just to build ramps and an overpass off of Osceola Parkway than use Victory. Probably more expensive, though.

The buses were stuck in the same mess.

The WDW bus service is not particularly efficient at any of its theme park bus facilities (and Downtown Disney has long been the absolute worst), but the Studios is especially badly designed. In the time it takes for a bus to get from the traffic light on Buena Vista, find its stop and load passengers, and then get through that same traffic light again the bus could have made an additional round trip to some resorts. Animal Kingdom, by design, is slow to get in and out of, too.

The entire service could potentially run better and more efficiently if the stops were more streamlined; The buses spend way too much time getting in and out of stops.

tissandtully

Looks to me like it would be more efficient just to build ramps and an overpass off of Osceola Parkway than use Victory. Probably more expensive, though.

The WDW bus service is not particularly efficient at any of its theme park bus facilities (and Downtown Disney has long been the absolute worst), but the Studios is especially badly designed. In the time it takes for a bus to get from the traffic light on Buena Vista, find its stop and load passengers, and then get through that same traffic light again the bus could have made an additional round trip to some resorts. Animal Kingdom, by design, is slow to get in and out of, too.

The entire service could potentially run better and more efficiently if the stops were more streamlined; The buses spend way too much time getting in and out of stops.
I've always wondered why there aren't more "bus-only" routes on property, that seems like that would speed things up, especially getting into DHS.

71jason

Money is the only possible reason I can think of to use Buena Vista rather than Osceola as the primary exit. But still doesn't explain why it was built that way to begin with.

71jason

Some positive WDW news ...

Went to the 25th anniversary of Typhoon Lagoon yesterday, and had a blast. Two DJs playing music from 1989, and Baybreezes for sale from a special stand for the 1989 price of $3.50. Made with fresh pineapple juice, they were delicious, not to mention a bargain. Handed out free cupcakes with lunch, as well, which was a nice touch.

Best part? Proving @WDW1974 right, not a lifestyler to be seen in the park!

SJN1279

Some positive WDW news ...

Went to the 25th anniversary of Typhoon Lagoon yesterday, and had a blast. Two DJs playing music from 1989, and Baybreezes for sale from a special stand for the 1989 price of $3.50. Made with fresh pineapple juice, they were delicious, not to mention a bargain. Handed out free cupcakes with lunch, as well, which was a nice touch.

Best part? Proving @WDW1974 right, not a lifestyler to be seen in the park!

What's a lifestyler?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom