News and Rumors EXTRA

DisneyGentleman

It has become apparent that we need a thread in the News and Rumors section for ongoing, related, unrelated, miscellaneous - and general 'News and Rumors' chat.

Please remember, if you are talking about a specific topic, it is still better to create or take part in an existing dedicated thread for that topic.
So this is the Seinfeld thread, where we talk about nothing. :)

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
We have a saying at my house, "There is no crying at Disney and nothing negative!" Just be thankful that there is such a place. Coaching wise you make corections and move on you don't dwell on the negatives correct and find a positive. As far as people on TV they are getting paid to give there opinion and if I don't like it i just turn the channel or move on.
Two things.
1) If a castmember popped your 5YO's balloon, would she be able to cry? What if someone ran her foot over with their scooter? What if her favorite ride, lets pretend it is the Little Mermaid, was broken, Ariel didn't move, only sat with her head slumped against her body (or they just put a strobe light on her), would she be allowed to be upset? What if they decided to tear down her favorite ride in order to put in a new store?
2) Regarding your coaching comment. You make corrections and move on. To a lot of folks who love WDW enough to get on a forum and discuss it, this is the thing they have not been doing in the recent years. They have not been correcting things that are wrong. Pick one of the million topics that are discussed over and over on these boards. For every one of them, there are people that are passionate enough about the topic to want Disney to do something a little better than they are. To see what is wrong and make corrections so that it can be perfect.

I get where you are coming from. When it comes to WDW, my glass is typically 3/4 full (with one park that seems to have become my nemesis). I like to look at the positives and not walk around looking for burned out lightbulbs. I try and forgive a lot of things and chalk them up to changing business culture, changing consumer culture, changing vacation culture, etc.
But, when I see something that seems to go against the things I love about WDW, I don't want to gloss over it. I want them to correct it, and I enjoy discussing it with others on the boards. I can't just let it go and pretend it didn't happen.
You'll find there are quite a few folks who agree with your position. You'll also find some folks that think they can do nothing right. Then you'll find a lot of people that sit in the middle somewhere. Praise them when they do well, disagree with them when they do poorly.

Bocabear

Two things.
1) If a castmember popped your 5YO's balloon, would she be able to cry? What if someone ran her foot over with their scooter? What if her favorite ride, lets pretend it is the Little Mermaid, was broken, Ariel didn't move, only sat with her head slumped against her body (or they just put a strobe light on her), would she be allowed to be upset? What if they decided to tear down her favorite ride in order to put in a new store?
2) Regarding your coaching comment. You make corrections and move on. To a lot of folks who love WDW enough to get on a forum and discuss it, this is the thing they have not been doing in the recent years. They have not been correcting things that are wrong. Pick one of the million topics that are discussed over and over on these boards. For every one of them, there are people that are passionate enough about the topic to want Disney to do something a little better than they are. To see what is wrong and make corrections so that it can be perfect.

I get where you are coming from. When it comes to WDW, my glass is typically 3/4 full (with one park that seems to have become my nemesis). I like to look at the positives and not walk around looking for burned out lightbulbs. I try and forgive a lot of things and chalk them up to changing business culture, changing consumer culture, changing vacation culture, etc.
But, when I see something that seems to go against the things I love about WDW, I don't want to gloss over it. I want them to correct it, and I enjoy discussing it with others on the boards. I can't just let it go and pretend it didn't happen.
You'll find there are quite a few folks who agree with your position. You'll also find some folks that think they can do nothing right. Then you'll find a lot of people that sit in the middle somewhere. Praise them when they do well, disagree with them when they do poorly.
Yes! This! And regarding coaching, how can you correct anything if you cannot notice the problem and then discuss ways to fix it... In the art world, Critiques are extremely important...It is how we grow and hone our craft... Critiques are not necessarily negative...but a way of allowing our peers to help us to become better artists and designers.

Next Big Thing

No I'm sorry when somebody says it supposed to start at 8 o'clock and your IT people going until 840?

Plus the 25 minutes I spent on hold on the telephone calling the number that was provided?

I have every right to complain.
I can understand being frustrated with the money spent on the system. The system has kinks it shouldn't and isn't as perfect as we'd like it to be for $1B+.

But no, you really don't have "every right". FP+ is a service provided free of charge to all paying guests. Your right is to use the system the way that helps you best while touring the park. As I said, even with the tickets being late up, it still saved you HOURS, even if you possibly didn't get a FP (did you?). It's much more convenient this way as opposed to waiting in the park.

Ignohippo

Two things.

I still say that the people that complain on here the most do so because they love the parks so much.

We want WDW to be as successful as it possibly can be. We are disgusted that TDO is spending minimally and getting minimal profits in return. If they were to invest heavily in the parks, attendance would be up, wait times would possibly be down and it would be a win/win.

That is what is so frustrating. The unlimited potential the parks have that is completely being squandered.

I love WDW like no place on earth. I simply want it to be as good as it can be and has been in the past.

Captain Chaos

so....

about those cheesesteaks:)

Yep, UNI is making cutting edge rides with broad appeal for the masses

disney is making announcements about benches?
Benches? When Disney failed to gain any traction with benches they moved on to e ticket bathrooms... now that gained attention as the lifestylers waited every day, some holding it in for weeks, just to be the first to take that first magical, well you know... and then blog about it... I think one of them filmed it to sell the DVD...

WDWDad13

so....

about those cheesesteaks:)

Yep, UNI is making cutting edge rides with broad appeal for the masses

disney is making announcements about benches?

With broad appeal to the masses is debatable

and it's not all about rides...take in the massive Disney resort area and all there is to do and see sometime....you may actually feel like you're on vacation instead of jumping from ride to ride elsewhere

Arty Cordova

Adventures in Arendelle....

Cool off with our newest frozetastical adventure where everyone's favorite snowman, Olaf takes you on a journey through ice, snow and blizzards all while you learn about sisterly love in the truest sense of the word. Expect a few surprises as you journey through this frozen land of magical trolls and singing sidekicks. Coming to Epcot in late 2015, Adventures in Arendelle will only be available to guests who book a fastpass+ return time. No standby line will be available.

Adventures in Arendelle will be presented by Asianway(of wdwmagic fame) with a special arrangement by The Office of Norwegian Tourism.
That was good.

Sorry about your Pacers. Go Heat!!!

Fishbait

I can only answer for my family. We have been devoted WDW vacationers. Never wanted to go to Universal. We loved the atmosphere of the World and always wanted to go back. That started to change over the last couple of years. The place started to feel different. And so we opened ourselves up to the idea of checking out Universal...so we gave it a day. This year we gave it more and Disney less.

After our last trip (earlier this month), we have decided to take a break altogether from WDW. The new system, while not horrible, did nothing to enhance our experience...but we did spend more time in standby than usual. Was not a fan of trying to figure out what park we were going to be in on what day a month in advance or more. The CMs have gotten noticeably less helpful, nice, and in character. There are still great CMs, but there has been a noticable increase in the other than great ones. The rides need some love and the parks need some new blood (outside of MK of course). And, outside of Disney's control, the crowds are just getting out of hand...too many people, rude, selfish, and impatient. Throw in heat and waits and it creates a stinky soup.

While Universal lacks the atmosphere, it is just a more relaxed and enjoyable place to be right now.

PhotoDave219

As I'm sitting in the giant mess that is the Disney Hollywood studios parking lot… They desperately need to fix this parking lot before they do anything with improving Star Wars land, cars land, Pixar Place, frozen land, or any other room or you can come up with.

It is a mess of epic proportion that you do not truly recognize until you attempt to leave when the parking lot is that capacity.

roj2323

As I'm sitting in the giant mess that is the Disney Hollywood studios parking lot… They desperately need to fix this parking lot before they do anything with improving Star Wars land, cars land, Pixar Place, frozen land, or any other room or you can come up with.

It is a mess of epic proportion that you do not truly recognize until you attempt to leave when the parking lot is that capacity.

This is because they force everyone (including all of the busses) out a 2 lane road that has a stop light at the end. They really need to consider rerouting Exiting Guest traffic to Victory way (to the west). In addition to this they would need to rebuild Victory way to install extra lanes and install ramps to eliminate the need for a traffic light. Additionally the north end of Victory way would need a dedicated turn lane to again eliminate a traffic light for those turning right.

StageFrenzy

@wdwmagic your looking good as far as I can tell from what I saw of you in SSE. I can't see your face but you don't look a day over thirteen. When I spotted you, you were yelling "Extra Extra!" "Dog bites man" "Ghostly Spirts scare bois". Not exactly news but I appreciate all you have done for the community.

PhotoDave219

This is because they force everyone (including all of the busses) out a 2 lane road that has a stop light at the end. They really need to consider rerouting Exiting Guest traffic to Victory way (to the west). In addition to this they would need to rebuild Victory way to install extra lanes and install ramps to eliminate the need for a traffic light. Additionally the north end of Victory way would need a dedicated turn lane to again eliminate a traffic light for those turning right.

Really? Is that the mess I was driving in last night?

asianway

And here I thought they cancelled the parade to do something about all that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom