New World Showcase and DHS Rumors

ABigBrassBand

Seriously? I really doubt that these are true.

I like Indy in the parks, but would also like a Star Wars restaurant. Maybe a cantina-themed restaurant/pub similar to Gaston's? That would be fun, some retheming can go to that area then. Also, Turkey? Whats that all about? IMO I would prefer Brazil in WS, or for them to do the Switzerland pavilion with a Florida version of Matterhorn. As long as they don't take away Germany :(, best pavilion on WS IMO.

Interesting rumors that offer up quite a discussion, but nothing more really. I can't picture these becoming true.

ncstate7991

Let me preface this with, probalby a rumor that will not happen. However, does everyone remember the thread that talked about a WS survey? One of the questions was along the lines of which country do you like the least. A ton of people jumped on Morocco. Maybe Turkey would replace Morocco?!?! Just a wild thought, but some of the theming would be similar.

DVCOwner, you are correct Turkey has been pushing itself from a tourism perspective. I see commercials for Turkish Airlines on CNN on a regular basis.

GrumpyFan

None of these sound legitimate at all.
Adding Turkey to WS just sounds crazy, if not impossible, unless there is some unknown rich tycoon who has partnered with Disney to build it.
Tearing down Indy sounds a bit out there as well, unless they have something bigger and better, which they may, but I can't see them doing so close after the Star Tours 2 upgrade. Looking at what's happening at the moment and recent history, it would appear that the next major addition/upgrade might be headed for AK, considering that MK is getting all the attention right now, then DHS is getting ST2, and Epcot is getting a couple of new restaurants. The last thing AK got was Finding Nemo stage show in 2007 and Expedition Everest in 2006, meaning that park will have seen 6 years since its last addition when MK is finished.

gmajew

I personally think the Indiana Jones show disappearing could happen. Let's think about how hot Star Wars still is after all of these years and now the kids all watching the cartoon Clone Wars. It would be a huge draw to this park.

Pixar Place and Starwars Land all in the same park.... put in another good ride or an show themed with star wars and I think the lines would be off the hook.

The restaurant is a little harder to pull off since restaurants are hard for anyone. Still think it would be really cool to have a meal in a star wars setting though!! Character dinning as well place would be packed.

rkelly42

From what I have read, Brazil is becoming an economic giant and will be one of the top 5 in the world soon. If world showcase was going to get any country, Brazil would be my guess. Europe is in a total economic freefall with Greece leading the way so they would probably be all out(Greece,Switzerland,Poland ect.)

dclfan

Let me preface this with, probalby a rumor that will not happen. However, does everyone remember the thread that talked about a WS survey? One of the questions was along the lines of which country do you like the least. A ton of people jumped on Morocco. Maybe Turkey would replace Morocco?!?! Just a wild thought, but some of the theming would be similar.

DVCOwner, you are correct Turkey has been pushing itself from a tourism perspective. I see commercials for Turkish Airlines on CNN on a regular basis.

Oh no :(...Believe it or not Morocco is one of my favorite pavillions. Me and my sister love spending time in Morocco we find it to be one of the most lively pavillions. Whenever I'm over there the music is always pumping, which makes you wanna bellydance whether you know how too or not :p, and there is always a lot of things to do. Last visit we got henna's and went shopping and then met Aladdin. Very fun I would hate to see Morocco go :-(.

On the other hand as much as I love Indiana Jones, it's just not as exciting it used to be. I probably only see the show once every few years and would love to see that side of the park get something new and exciting. I would love a Star Wars themes sit down restaurant, very cool.

Jerm

There are building one right now at DCA. It is located in Carsland. Same ride control system just different vehicles more like Test Track.

Um that is Test Track, not Indy/Dino like! It is the same ride system at Test Track just with the banking and storyline change.

hack2112

Um that is Test Track, not Indy/Dino like! It is the same ride system at Test Track just with the banking and storyline change.
Test Track uses the same ride system as Indy/Dino, just with cars that are closer to the ground and can reach faster speeds. The rest of the system is pretty much the same.

Mick G.

The best new country for World Showcase is obviously...

Brazil!!!

I mean, think about all of the potential for the boat ride.

Mick

danstadnik

Well, if I understand my Bible history correctly (and I probably don't) Mt. Ararat in Turkey is the final resting place of Noah's Ark... Maybe they'll have a dark ride of that! Lots-o-AA opportunities with 2 of every beast and all...
Also don't forget They Might Be Giants have a song called "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" which is all about Turkey's geography, and now TMBG does a lot of business with Disney (writing songs for Playhouse Disney, etc.).
Maybe I should just say a CM told me all of this... or better yet, a resort bus driver!

SirNim

lazyboy97o

I am really surprised by the dismal response to the idea of a Turkey Pavilion. The country is full of rich history, being the center of the Byzantine Empire and the Ottoman Empire. There is a distinct architecture, foods, culture and history that is not commonly known to the general public. World Showcase as a showcase of what we know is not very exciting and Turkey, a less "obvious" pavilion choice, would provide people with opportunities to explore something new and different.

the-reason14

They wont bring the Indy ride because it is already there!!!!!! People Dinosaur is Indy just without the Indy!!!! I know people think that no one would notice, but you have a week long vacation people will figure it out! Plus Indy/Dino still has so many downtimes, I doubt they will build another one anytime soon!

What does having the same layout have to do with them deciding not to bring it to WDW? Last time I rode Dino, the theming was completely different from what i remembered on Indy. The theming is what sets it apart.

And like another poster already mentioned, they already have several dumbos on property and some in the same park. Yea, they're cheap and people eaters, but that doesn't stop the public from lining up to ride them. So what would stop the public from lining up to ride the "new" Indy ride?

They don't even have to bring the exact clone, just something similar. A ride to replace the old stunt show.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Test Track uses the same ride system as Indy/Dino, just with cars that are closer to the ground and can reach faster speeds. The rest of the system is pretty much the same.
The ride vehicles are very different. Both systems run on a surface with hidden bus bars and drive rails, and both have lot of wheels, but that`s about it. The EMV is unique to the Indys and Dinosaur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom