New World Showcase and DHS Rumors

dreamfinder

I am really surprised by the dismal response to the idea of a Turkey Pavilion. The country is full of rich history, being the center of the Byzantine Empire and the Ottoman Empire. There is a distinct architecture, foods, culture and history that is not commonly known to the general public. World Showcase as a showcase of what we know is not very exciting and Turkey, a less "obvious" pavilion choice, would provide people with opportunities to explore something new and different.

Many lesser known countries could provide an interesting place to explore within WS. And I would love to have a dining option that is outside the norm, even if it is Disneyfied. Morocco is our favorite country to eat in.

However, what sort of real attraction could come from what you described? Yet another boat ride or travel video? Most tourists, at least from the US, have little concept of the Ottomans outside of the piece of furniture. At least with the big countries already in place, tourists know of the Eiffel tower, have an idea about trolls, things like that. A brief familiarity helps to give people a point of reference, and something to relate to. Very few people are comfortable going outside their realm of experience and knowledge, which perhaps helps to explain the relative lack of interest in the Moroccan pavilion. I think this helps to drive Disney's thoughts on a possible new pavilion almost as much as a sponsor to pay for it.

Buzzforprez

Yes Turkey was going to be added but sadly budget cuts have yet again downsized the dreams and imaginations of our beloved Imagineers. We are now getting a turkey leg stand somewhere between the France and Morocco Pavilians. Everyone loves a good turkey leg and attendence is expected to rise while also cutting down the queue times for the fish and chips stand. Hear it is gonna be Stacy's number one and filming has already began.

ryanduggers

We like Morocco for all the reasons some people bash it, it is different.

We feel like we have been transported to another place, more than any of the other pavilions.

the sights, sounds, & smells make you feel like you are on an adventure.

Don't change a thing...

my 2 cents.

lazyboy97o

Many lesser known countries could provide an interesting place to explore within WS. And I would love to have a dining option that is outside the norm, even if it is Disneyfied. Morocco is our favorite country to eat in.

However, what sort of real attraction could come from what you described? Yet another boat ride or travel video? Most tourists, at least from the US, have little concept of the Ottomans outside of the piece of furniture. At least with the big countries already in place, tourists know of the Eiffel tower, have an idea about trolls, things like that. A brief familiarity helps to give people a point of reference, and something to relate to. Very few people are comfortable going outside their realm of experience and knowledge, which perhaps helps to explain the relative lack of interest in the Moroccan pavilion. I think this helps to drive Disney's thoughts on a possible new pavilion almost as much as a sponsor to pay for it.
Well, architecturally something like the Hagia Sophia could be the visua landmark. The area is closer to Arabia than Morocco, so the Aladdin characters could move to a Turkey pavilion. An original attraction could be based around some Turkish, Ottoman or Byzantine literature.

Sir_Cliff

You won't see any country from that area of the world in Epcot. Just too much unrest and potental for problems for the park, which Disney doesn't want any part of. Especially when there are so many other possible countries that are long-standing, unwavering allies.
I'm always a little shocked when I read the responses to a new WS rumour thread; Turkey is a long-standing, unwavering ally of the US!

I'm also not sure what images people really have of Turkey, but it's a bigger economic power and has a political system far more in the western/secular tradition than I think people here realise.

ryanduggers

The new Ford Transit Connect is built in Turkey.

It seems like a very useful, but ugly vehicle.

they could have one out front.....

then, again, maybe not....

herc

Although I believe this new Pavilion is all just rumor, Turkey would be a wonderful addition. They advertise like crazy on TV to come and visit Turkey so maybe the Tourism Bureau would sponsor like originally done in Norway.
The Turkey Pavillion Annex during the Food and Wine Festival a few years ago was very very popular (but then again the Australian Walkabout and the Spain Annex were also popular).
Epcot truly needs another country (or more) added besides the updates to Japan, Germany, and the ever hopeful Canadian raft ride.

WorldKey

You won't see any country from that area of the world in Epcot. Just too much unrest and potental for problems for the park, which Disney doesn't want any part of. Especially when there are so many other possible countries that are long-standing, unwavering allies.

I agree - bring on Switzerland and the Matterhorn!!

hack2112

The ride vehicles are very different. Both systems run on a surface with hidden bus bars and drive rails, and both have lot of wheels, but that`s about it. The EMV is unique to the Indys and Dinosaur.
I meant the computer system that separates the cars. Unless the TT vehicles have the giant hydraulic systems underneath them that Indy and CTX do. And the "random" programming in the Indy EMVs.

Of course now that I think about it my entire argument was pointless from the beginning, but that's ok.

redkoala245

Yayyy!! :) I hope this is true.
I wonder which pavillion will be removed!?! I don't like the Turkey idea though.
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular needs to go… The show is getting old. People are getting hurt/killed from the show. And I don't think many kids from this current generation really know who Indiana Jones is…
Anyway, I am so happy with the new Star Wars idea :)

I'm not fond of either of the park's big stunt shows. Although I vastly prefer Indy. It's fun for the first scene and then it gets boring. I want to see stunts, not how they're done. But the movie music keeps entertained enough for the rest of it. lol

I'd like to see Indy still in that section of the park. At the very least, the Indy coaster from DLP unless they can come up with something new. (Also, I always wondered... does Crystal Skull have a differing layout to The Forbidden Eye? If so, then maybe they can bring that over instead of Dinosaur Jones)

Enchantâmes

Yayyy!! :) I hope this is true.
I wonder which pavillion will be removed!?! I don't like the Turkey idea though.
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular needs to go… The show is getting old. People are getting hurt/killed from the show. And I don't think many kids from this current generation really know who Indiana Jones is…
Anyway, I am so happy with the new Star Wars idea :)
They have plenty of room to add without taking out a pavilion you know.... :brick::brick::brick: If you have been there, you should know all there is plenty of space between several of the pavilions. Those spaces are meant for further expansion... And really? Really? Than why are the movies still around? Why is Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular still filling the entire theater every show? Star Wars is older than Indiana Jones btw. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom