New theme park competition coming for WDW in Florida!

DisneyCane

:cautious::cautious:

I would have preferred some kind of train, linking Naples to Hialeah. Right down I75. But alas....

I'm not an expert, but I doubt these express lanes will make a difference for local commuters in the long run. Especially with all the development happening west of 75. It's all about the money.

Who on earth would ride a train between Naples and Hialeah? Trains do not work for commuters in areas like south Florida. There is not enough population density to have stations convenient to enough people. Look at Tri-rail. It has miniscule ridership because you have to commute (usually out of the way) to get to a station.

The express lanes on I-95 in Miami make a HUGE difference. You can actually move over 10 MPH during rush hour. The I-595 express seem to make a difference also. It used to be bumper to bumper almost the whole way. Now, it only backs up badly near I-95 where they didn't spend the money to do anything or do direct express lane connections.

I guess based upon the I-95 express lane extension into Broward, we should expect Warner Brothers to build a theme park in Dania Beach soon?

Progress.City

Original Poster
In semi-related news, Tri-Rail needed $69 million to extend its service to Downtown Miami, at the new AAF station. Last I checked, it raised $59 million of that. It needs $69 million by June because the AAF people need that money to build a platform into its Downtown Miami station design for Tri-Rail. If Tri-Rail can stop at Downtown, it would take a lot of cars off of 95 and help reduce traffic considerably.

Follow the conversation here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=377403&page=349

Progress.City

Original Poster
Stop trolling.
Here, you may borrow some of this:

image.jpg

Progress.City

Original Poster
At least I'm honest. As I said, this may cause some families to plan one day less in Orlando and at least a day in Miami, thus affecting all Orlando attractions. Is that a stretch? Possibly. But definitely and maybe remotely possible.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
At least I'm honest. As I said, this may cause some families to plan one day less in Orlando and at least a day in Miami, thus affecting all Orlando attractions. Is that a stretch? Possibly. But definitely and maybe remotely possible.
If you'd been honest the thread wouldn't have been in this forum to begin with. But you already knew that....

Progress.City

Original Poster
If you'd been honest the thread wouldn't have been in this forum to begin with. But you already knew that....
We're not getting into another battle. I thought this may be of interest to people here and this was the best place to put it. And that is very honest.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Why is this still in WDW news?

As I mentioned earlier, I'm sure he linked to my "George's Galaxy, Galactically Themed Entertainment Zone" which will break the Uni, Disney, Imprisoned Sea Animal stranglehold on the hearts and minds of central Florida visitors.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
As I mentioned earlier, I'm sure he linked to my "George's Galaxy, Galactically Themed Entertainment Zone" which will break the Uni, Disney, Imprisoned Sea Animal stranglehold on the hearts and minds of central Florida visitors.
You forgot Six Flags....

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
We're not getting into another battle. I thought this may be of interest to people here and this was the best place to put it. And that is very honest.

I'm sure you're being honest, be let me tell you something that may be a surprise. I grew up in the Tampa area. I'm sure that people there aren't going to give a crap about some big shopping complex in Miami. People on vacation in Florida won't give a flying rat's unless they are heading down to the Miami area anyway, which is completely unrelated to WDW.

Progress.City

Original Poster
I'm sure you're being honest, be let me tell you something that may be a surprise. I grew up in the Tampa area. I'm sure that people there aren't going to give a crap about some big shopping complex in Miami. People on vacation in Florida won't give a flying rat's *** unless they are heading down to the Miami area anyway, which is completely unrelated to WDW.
Good point. But if this was in Tampa, I would be equally interested. This isn't just some big mall. Heck, South Florida already has its share of big malls. This is going to be the biggest mall in North America, with theme parks and attractions, like a similar one that already exists in Canada.

Between this mall and the billions of dollars in new mega developments being built in Downtown Miami, Miami as a whole will earn its day in families' Florida vacation itineraries!

Adding to that, AAF will make it very relevant to Orlando. Jump on a train from Orlando International Airport and less than three hours later, you're in downtown Miami!

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Adding to that, AAF will make it very relevant to Orlando. Jump on a train from Orlando International Airport and less than three hours later, you're in downtown Miami!
Why wouldn't they just stay on the plane and go to Miami. Seems rather unnecessary to take 3 hours on a train instead of a 60 minute flight.

NowInc

...and this mall will be no where near downtown.

Can we please move this thread already? It was obviously clickbait and deliberately put in the wrong section to start a discussion based on a lot of facts that aren't even true.

This project is FAR from greelit (I checked on it myself today). Soooo..non issue regardless :)

Progress.City

Original Poster
Can we please move this thread already? It was obviously clickbait and deliberately put in the wrong section to start a discussion based on a lot of facts that aren't even true.
Such as? I admit, I structured the title to get attention, but all facts are true. If it was placed any where else by a different poster, I would never have clicked it since I don't care about many of these other sections, but I would have missed out on this news, which I would have been interested in. My thinking was like that, so that people like myself would not miss out on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom