New theme park competition coming for WDW in Florida!

NowInc

Not true. If that was true, the Orlando stop would have been located on I-Drive or WDW. As it is now, Uber in Orlando will have new business for tourists from South Florida.

Actually...it is true. The station is where it is because of routing. The idea was to bring more local money to orlando.

Progress.City

Original Poster
Are you a developer? If not, then what you say is YOUR opinion, not facts.
I never stated my opinion. I am repeating what I've read from Newspapers and business journals from South Florida. Personally, my opinion is more in line with @wm49rs, but there is potential if they do it right.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
All Florida tourists are not Disney tourists or even Orlando Tourists.

These people may well be targeting Florida tourists but that is a very large and diverse group of which the Orlando subset is but a part of.

Progress.City

Original Poster
Actually...it is true. The station is where it is because of routing. The idea was to bring more local money to orlando.
That station will serve tourists flying in to Orlando and take them directly to downtown Miami. I would rather drive to WDW than take an AAF train because I will still have to pay Uber for a ridiculous taxi rate to get there from OIA.

NowInc

That station will serve tourists flying in to Orlando and take them directly to downtown Miami. I would rather drive to WDW than take an AAF train because I will still have to pay Uber for a ridiculous taxi rate to get there from OIA.

Then you also missed the part of there being proposed Disney transportation to and from the station.

Progress.City

Original Poster
The parks at Edmonton Mall and Mall of Anerica are little diversions, not significant draws in their own right.
Correct. But the developer is planning to build on that experience and make the theme park elements less of a divergence and more of a headliner.

NowInc

Correct. But the developer is planning to build on that experience and make the theme park elements less of a divergence and more of a headliner.

Now youre just making "facts" up. That is not mentioned anywhere, not even in the source article you yourself posted. I'm done replying to this obvious call for attention. You obviously have little knowledge of this topic you yourself brought up.

I don't only urge this thread to be moved, but CLOSED as well.

Progress.City

Original Poster
Now youre just making "facts" up. That is not mentioned anywhere, not even in the source article you yourself posted. I'm done replying to this obvious call for attention. You obviously have little knowledge of this topic you yourself brought up.

I don't only urge this thread to be moved, but CLOSED as well.
No, this was what was said in a previous article I read. I will provide the link. Give me some time to find it.

Progress.City

Original Poster
For those first joining us...

image.jpg

The company that owns and runs the largest mall in America wants to build an even bigger one in northwestern Miami-Dade, a roughly 200-acre entertainment complex with submarines, a Legoland, sea lions and an artificial ski slope.

Backed by the owner of Minnesota’s Mall of America, American Dream Miami is proposed for land at the intersection of Florida’s Turnpike and Interstate 75 near Miami Lakes. It’s projected to cost as much as $4 billion to build and employ 25,000 people once opened, more than enough to give it Miami-Dade’s largest private-sector payroll.

It also would bring the largest mall in the United States to what’s now pastureland in Miami’s congested suburbs, using vacant real estate flanked by two of the region’s busiest highways.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article12605384.html#storylink=cpy

Disneyhead'71

You are actually correct about that..except they are not targeting ORLANDO tourists. They want the ones who are already coming to SOUTH Florida. This is why its being opposed by SOUTH FLORIDA mall developers.
So we won't see marketing material in the Orlando Metro area for this? Like in those brochure things in every hotel in town?

lazyboy97o

Renderings do not make a project, especially since these are hardly based on a final design that will be built. They also ignore that malls tend to NOT operate their internal businesses. It's just stuff they'd like to get signed on.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
For those first joining us...

View attachment 90486

The company that owns and runs the largest mall in America wants to build an even bigger one in northwestern Miami-Dade, a roughly 200-acre entertainment complex with submarines, a Legoland, sea lions and an artificial ski slope.

Backed by the owner of Minnesota’s Mall of America, American Dream Miami is proposed for land at the intersection of Florida’s Turnpike and Interstate 75 near Miami Lakes. It’s projected to cost as much as $4 billion to build and employ 25,000 people once opened, more than enough to give it Miami-Dade’s largest private-sector payroll.

It also would bring the largest mall in the United States to what’s now pastureland in Miami’s congested suburbs, using vacant real estate flanked by two of the region’s busiest highways.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article12605384.html#storylink=cpy
Still nothing to do with WDW.

And this is still the wrong forum.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom