New theme park competition coming for WDW in Florida!

DisneyCane

If Tri-Rail can stop at Downtown, it would take a lot of cars off of 95 and help reduce traffic considerably.

If/when this happens, please find me so I can bet you $100 that it doesn't reduce traffic on I-95 in any significant fashion. Sure, some more people will ride like they do now but commuting by train does not work in South Florida (or any other spread out metropolitan area) unless you happen to live and work very close to a station.

Even during the heart of rush hour, I can drive into Miami from Broward MUCH faster than it would take to drive to a Tri-Rail station, take the train and then a bus or something to get the rest of the way.

You can get to downtown Miami via Tri-Rail right now. Just transfer to metrorail and then to metromover.

Trains work in densely populated cities like NY.

Also, agree that this thread needs to be moved somewhere. Is certainly not WDW news or rumor.

NowInc

Such as? I admit, I structured the title to get attention, but all facts are true. If it was placed any where else by a different poster, I would never have clicked it since I don't care about many of these other sections, but I would have missed out on this news, which I would have been interested in. My thinking was like that, so that people like myself would not miss out on it.

The title of the thread itself is the "fact that isn't true". This is in no way even AIMED at being competition for WDW, if anything its being built to take on Sawgrass Mills..another mall.

I'm sorry that you think putting a misleading title as well as purposely posting it in the wrong section is ok, but its this kind of things that clutter up an already busy forum. If people actually cared enough about this topic, they would seek out information on it...they do not need to be deceived to do so.

Progress.City

Original Poster
If/when this happens, please find me so I can bet you $100 that it doesn't reduce traffic on I-95 in any significant fashion. Sure, some more people will ride like they do now but commuting by train does not work in South Florida (or any other spread out metropolitan area) unless you happen to live and work very close to a station.

Even during the heart of rush hour, I can drive into Miami from Broward MUCH faster than it would take to drive to a Tri-Rail station, take the train and then a bus or something to get the rest of the way.

You can get to downtown Miami via Tri-Rail right now. Just transfer to metrorail and then to metromover.

Trains work in densely populated cities like NY.

Also, agree that this thread needs to be moved somewhere. Is certainly not WDW news or rumor.
Yes, that's true I can transfer, but it takes like over two hours for a trip that takes 45 minutes by car with no traffic. The new station will cut that time significantly. However, it will still stop at all the Tri-Rail stations in between, making the trip longer than it has to be. By that time, I would be able to take an AAF train, with just one stop in between, and save a whole bunch of time (instead of Tri-Rail) but that will be more expensive. I prefer the train over driving because I can plug my iPad into a wall charger and let time fly by surfing the net and chatting. I don't have to fight traffic and stress about paying attention to the road.

The one element that is stuck in planning is Bay Link. Bay Link will be a light rail from downtown to South Beach. As of now, I have to take a bus to get to South Beach. The bus is always crowded and is always stuck in traffic with the rest of the cars.

Progress.City

Original Poster
The title of the thread itself is the "fact that isn't true". This is in no way even AIMED at being competition for WDW, if anything its being built to take on Sawgrass Mills..another mall.

I'm sorry that you think putting a misleading title as well as purposely posting it in the wrong section is ok, but its this kind of things that clutter up an already busy forum. If people actually cared enough about this topic, they would seek out information on it...they do not need to be deceived to do so.
No, it is aimed at Florida tourists. Nothing is misleading about the headline. What you think it could or won't have any effect on Orlando is purely your opinion.

Progress.City

Original Poster
Except it's neither competition or a theme park. Other than that....
Did you look at the plan? It's more attraction and theme parks than it is mall. It's like a mall with indoor theme parks as its anchors and smaller attractions and retail in between.

NowInc

Did you look at the plan? It's more attraction and theme parks than it is mall. It's like a mall with indoor theme parks as its anchors and smaller attractions and retail in between.

Its still just a mall. You should look into what the definition of what a Theme Park is.

Progress.City

Original Poster
You are actually correct about that..except they are not targeting ORLANDO tourists. They want the ones who are already coming to SOUTH Florida. This is why its being opposed by SOUTH FLORIDA mall developers.
Tourists that come to Miami....

Wrong forum. But you knew that from the onset....
Wrong. AAF will bring Orlando to Miami. The Miami developers know that.

Progress.City

Original Poster
They'll bring some, maybe. Otherwise....

And it's still the wrong forum, as you were well aware.
That's still your opinion. The appeal of these new developments will determine the number of Orlando tourists who will be detracted to Miami. These developers are betting billions of dollars that their developments are what does it.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Actually, the mall is going feature flannel super stores as far as the eye can see and the train is going to connect Miami to Vermont, New Hampshire, upstate NY, and Maine and try and take advantage of the burgeoning fall leaf watching tourism industry.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That's still your opinion. The appeal of these new developments will determine the number of Orlando tourists who will be detracted to Miami. These developers are betting billions of dollars that their developments are what does it.
Which is your opinion. Convenient....

Still the wrong forum.

NowInc

Are you a developer? If not, then what you say is YOUR opinion, not facts.

Progress.City

Original Poster
You do know that the proposal for the aaf was focused on bringing people from south to north more than the other way...right?
Not true. If that was true, the Orlando stop would have been located on I-Drive or WDW. As it is now, Uber in Orlando will have new business for tourists from South Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom