New theme park competition coming for WDW in Florida!

Rasvar

Heh, the number of proposed big developments versus what gets built is always interesting. I'll think about it more when it finally pulls some permits. Developments are proposed all the time. Florida is notorious for having big things announced that never happen. When it finally starts moving land, I'll believe it. Otherwise, it might end up on this list:
http://www.lostparks.com/never.html

raymusiccity

Heh, the number of proposed big developments versus what gets built is always interesting. I'll think about it more when it finally pulls some permits. Developments are proposed all the time. Florida is notorious for having big things announced that never happen. When it finally starts moving land, I'll believe it. Otherwise, it might end up on this list:
http://www.lostparks.com/never.html

Ditto! Artist concepts are just that. Try googling a similar boondoggle up in New Jersey. It was quite impressive when first announced in 2003!

1. American Dream Meadowlands is a retail and entertainment complex located in the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey. It was first proposed in 2003 by the Mills Corporation as the Meadowlands Xanadu. Wikipedia

wdwjmp239

It's being built by the same company that owns the largest mall, which is in Canada. That mall has a water park and other attractions. This mall looks like it will play up the the theme park aspect of it even more. It's competition no matter how you slice it. This may be the reason why some families decide to spend an extra day in Miami versus Orlando when they plan their Florida vacation!

I heard that the mall is being built by the company that did Mall of America. It's going to be a huge draw to South Florida when it opens.

Donald Razorduck

Ditto! Artist concepts are just that. Try googling a similar boondoggle up in New Jersey. It was quite impressive when first announced in 2003!

1. American Dream Meadowlands is a retail and entertainment complex located in the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey. It was first proposed in 2003 by the Mills Corporation as the Meadowlands Xanadu. Wikipedia
This is the same company that Has picked up the shambles of Xanadu via The Mills and trying to get it built but with the flack from the pro teams and Jersey politics it's been a tough job but work is taking place and I believe they are addressing the outside looks of the place.

raymusiccity

This is the same company that Has picked up the shambles of Xanadu via The Mills and trying to get it built but with the flack from the pro teams and Jersey politics it's been a tough job but work is taking place and I believe they are addressing the outside looks of the place.

Maybe Xanadu wasn't the best and brightest name for such an ambitious project ! :) Looks like The Mills has a deep hole to dig out of.

mergatroid

I'm from the UK and I really cannot imagine anyone travelling to Orlando from here for a holiday, deciding to go to Miami instead due to this shopping mall with attractions? It's almost like saying a new vegetarian restaurant is going to steal customers from Sizzler.

Rasvar

I'm from the UK and I really cannot imagine anyone travelling to Orlando from here for a holiday, deciding to go to Miami instead due to this shopping mall with attractions? It's almost like saying a new vegetarian restaurant is going to steal customers from Sizzler.

Careful, you might give Golden Corral an idea on how to make a fountain out of a salad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom