• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

New The Living Seas survey

tirian

@marni1971 created a video that emphasizes how incredible the original pavilion was when it opened. With proper maintenance and updates, it could’ve continued indefinitely. Back around 2007, new intro videos — even with Nemo — and updated graphics would have fixed the pavilion rather than a complete overhaul where fish keep shouting, “Where’s Nemo?”

RSoxNo1

There are options here that could work for a new attraction in this space. Some options I'd like to see:

• A journey to/through the Marianas Trench
  • A journey to the Seacastle Resort

janoimagine

When I first visited this pavilion in the late 80's I was literally weak in my knees and could not believe what I was seeing. It felt like I was in a Star Trek (well … a SEA trek) type of futuristic station. I spent a couple hours just marveling at this imaginative, other-worldly environment. It really is - as most of future world - a sad shell of it's former self. It currently feels like a neglected mall.
I think it was until I was a teenager that I figured out you weren't actually going down in the Hydrolaters, and only then because someone went out the emergency exit at the back of the pavilion. It was that good of an effect.

DreamfinderGuy

So, since this thread got bumped, are there any updates on what’s going to happen to The Living Seas? I think the Nemo IP is here to stay, but the place needs a facelift pretty badly. Hate to bother @marni1971, but has there been any more development here or is it a backburner project like Imagination currently is?

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
So, since this thread got bumped, are there any updates on what’s going to happen to The Living Seas? I think the Nemo IP is here to stay, but the place needs a facelift pretty badly. Hate to bother @marni1971, but has there been any more development here or is it a backburner project like Imagination currently is?
Back burner as far as I know. They’re spending a small fortune elsewhere in the park and whilst I may not agree with some of the use of the money, it’s not an inconsequential figure.

Top Bottom