New The Living Seas survey

DisneyDean97

As has been discussed, the land doesn’t really need much. Soarin’ is fine the way it is, Living with the Land could just use a simple coat of paint nothing major. I fully admit though never been the biggest fan of Living with the Land.

It’s clear the Seas is functional the way it is. I even don’t mind Nemo. I think that fits well. I think it could use a slightly bigger update then the land. Make it the marine institute like others have said. It is functional, but could use some updates.

As for Spaceship Earth, I thought the refurb they had planned was exactly what we needed. I would just continue with that.

...then we come to pavilion that is in the saddest shape of all. Imagination needs help, and they know this. To be honest though, I’d be scared to touch it if I were them as well. It’s clear it needs an entirely new attraction. The best course of action (which I think they will follow) is to keep Figment around and do a trackless ride in Imagination. Anything is probably better then what we currently have.
I wouldn't mind seeing Figment in a new trackless attraction, I think it would apply well to whatever story they create for him, but I think trackless attractions are already becoming stale at WDW. RotR is the most impressive and all the trackless rides that open after always get compared to it. Plus Epcot is already getting a trackless ride in WS- I know it will never happen, but I would love if they just gutted Imagination and went back to the original design and just made it modern with newer technology

Surferboy567

I wouldn't mind seeing Figment in a new trackless attraction, I think it would apply well to whatever story they create for him, but I think trackless attractions are already becoming stale at WDW. RotR is the most impressive and all the trackless rides that open after always get compared to it. Plus Epcot is already getting a trackless ride in WS- I know it will never happen, but I would love if they just gutted Imagination and went back to the original design and just made it modern with newer technology
I think they can do great things with Trackless. Personally don’t think they are that stale. A more modern Imagination is great though with Figment of course.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was going to say that this was a pretty grim outlook. Then, I saw @marni1971 liked it.

I’d be lying if I said I expected them to keep spending after COVID. Even though, like everyone has said it probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to keep investing.

EDIT: I expect all the projects that were going to happen will be completed (Rat, Guardians, Harm, Dreamers Point etc). Beyond that, probably not much more investment. This will leave EPCOT in a semi-stable state. It obviously could use a lot more work.

The one exception to the rule is probably Spaceship Earth, that needs an update ASAP.

(still holding out hope for Imagination) it’s probably misplaced but maybe.

everyone “wants” to believe they want to spend money on us...to give us “value” when we know we’re gonna pay whatever ransom they demand...

...but everyone also believes in the “purity” of unfettered capitalism and the stock market.

and don’t look now - but guess who is high on the chart as profiting off those things?
The “system” dictates Disney not spend when they can’t increase yield by spending...and that isn’t the dynamic in Orlando.

just trying to be reasonable. A lot of it is chapek. He should NOT be In that job...zero experience with creativity...and a lot of what has made Disney successful from the top end has been the man at the top Willing to pay for new things. Reward over risk.

not the Bobs...who want to drain, not create.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The problem with trackless attractions is that all of the recent ones, with the possible exception of Rise of the Resistance, have been letdowns.

no exception there...

disney gets this new “toy”...the trackless...and has toned them down/really not done much with them. The best in Florida is sitting finished behind a construction wall...my guess

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
You mean the Ratatouille ride? That's just a simulator disguised as a dark ride.
I was highly entertained when I rode Ratatouille in France, rode 3 times in a row... that much fun!
Pooh in Tokyo in cute, also very fun and highly entertaining!
If they did Imagination with Figment using tech like either of these, I'd be pleased... Also bring back Dreamfinder!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was highly entertained when I rode Ratatouille in France, rode 3 times in a row... that much fun!
Pooh in Tokyo in cute, also very fun and highly entertaining!
If they did Imagination with Figment using tech like either of these, I'd be pleased... Also bring back Dreamfinder!

neither of the Orlando/Anaheim trackless make you want to go back immediately in line.

not bad rides...good adds.

but not the headliners that the praetorians will preach them to be.

my flux capacitor lets me see what happens after Initial fervor dies down...it’s a curse.

JoeCamel

Soarin around the world would be unique to Epcot (word showcase related) if it stayed California in, well, California.
Nah, soarin' over Florida. There are enough unique landscapes to fill the program and they could give a nod to cali with the golf shot. Make each coast unique so fans have to go both places and the company gets a double dip on tickets

Surferboy567

...Rise of the Resistance is the best ride I have ever ridden. Doesn’t matter if you like the sequels or not it is an incredible attraction.

I am excited for Rat.

Nah, soarin' over Florida. There are enough unique landscapes to fill the program and they could give a nod to cali with the golf shot. Make each coast unique so fans have to go both places and the company gets a double dip on tickets

Eh, it shouldn’t be limited to Soarin’ Over Florida. WDW is targeted towards most of the US, plus international guests. It’s fine that DCA is California-centric, but EPCOT should not be Florida-centric.

Soarin’ Over America or Soarin’ Around the World make more sense for WDW.

Poseidon Quest

just trying to be reasonable. A lot of it is chapek. He should NOT be In that job...zero experience with creativity...and a lot of what has made Disney successful from the top end has been the man at the top Willing to pay for new things. Reward over risk.

not the Bobs...who want to drain, not create.

Yeah, I'm quite fed up with Chapek. I have a feeling that he's an interim CEO though, put in place to take the brunt of how the company will suffer under COVID. I strongly suspect that Josh D`Amaro will take the reins in a few years. Obviously the pandemic isn't a positive thing, but I've always held the philosophy that out of every negative event, there is always something positive that rises out of it. In this case, it seems that the financial hardship the company is enduring will limit the future damage that Chapek can cause.

And after seeing what SeaWorld didn't do with it. Sad they can't make something to fit the tech.

They did more than Disney. The movement of the ride vehicles tells a story and utilizes limited space to create a longer experience. For being trackless, Disney's U.S. attractions are disgustingly linear.

...Rise of the Resistance is the best ride I have ever ridden. Doesn’t matter if you like the sequels or not it is an incredible attraction.

I am excited for Rat.

Is it though? What do you find incredible about it? I mean, it's fine, but it feels like a series of novelties. The effect of the stormtroopers shooting at you is painfully unconvincing. For all the money that went into this, you'd think they would have really tried to do something innovative.

Surferboy567

Is it though? What do you find incredible about it? I mean, it's fine, but it feels like a series of novelties. The effect of the stormtroopers shooting at you is painfully unconvincing. For all the money that went into this, you'd think they would have really tried to do something innovative.
It is extremely innovative. I will admit two things though, I don’t mind the sequels, and I am a huge Star Wars fan.

No ride has ever been as immersive as Rise. It seamlessly combines an amazing walking portion (yes I count the queue),
a trackless ride, a drop tower, and a simulator. I enjoy the queue from the hologram room to walking on to the transport. It is incredible to walk around on a Star Destroyer and to be “interrogated”. Such an immersive experience.

The actual ride as I said above combines so many ride systems together to make a great experience.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom