New The Living Seas survey

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Nope. 1.5 miles away with other landholders (and developments) inbetween.
My bad, I must've either heard that from a bad source or remembered it wrong. Still seems close enough I wouldn't think Uni attempting to connect them is too outside the realm of possibility (If Uni buying Sea World at all was in the realm of possibility, which it probably isn't).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My bad, I must've either heard that from a bad source or remembered it wrong. Still seems close enough I wouldn't think Uni attempting to connect them is too outside the realm of possibility (If Uni buying Sea World at all was in the realm of possibility, which it probably isn't).
Seaworld blue, the new Comcast land green;

CBC53792-F187-4172-A9CB-E6BC321AA16E.jpeg

They’re already spending a large fortune on the new site and connecting it to their other locations. I can’t see them having any desire for this too.

Lensman

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I figure people interested in The Living Seas or Sea Castle in Horizons would enjoy this American Adventure episode on Sealab:

That I'm still interested in the idea of living under the sea is a testament to the power of the original Epcot to have indelibly influenced those of us privileged to have visited back then.

DocMcHulk

They’re already spending a large fortune on the new site and connecting it to their other locations. I can’t see them having any desire for this too.
Maybe I've missed it, but I'm trying to figure out how they are connect "Comcast land" and the other two park other than bus routes.

dennis-in-ct

Could something be coming to The Seas in the near future?

I would have selected "other" and typed:
"the seas is a sad shadow of it's former self compared to the late 80's and early 90's due to neglect and not replacing show elements as needed. The amount of fish in the aquarium has been noticeably dwindling without replenishment, the lack of the divers, the lack of show lightening, the hydrolator experience into the pavilion and the current 'mall' feeling is tragic. That said, I do like the NEMO ride and Turtle Talk is adorable but these two experiences cannot totally carry this pavilion"

dennis-in-ct

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some higher ups in Disney wanted to remove the aquarium entirely, I'm sure it's expensive to run properly and IMO the Nemo change made the aquarium a very small part of the overall pavilion, no longer focusing on the actual aquarium unless you go out of your way to look at it. Many guests can simply get on the Nemo ride, get off, go see Turtle Talk maybe and leave.

When I first visited this pavilion in the late 80's I was literally weak in my knees and could not believe what I was seeing. It felt like I was in a Star Trek (well … a SEA trek) type of futuristic station. I spent a couple hours just marveling at this imaginative, other-worldly environment. It really is - as most of future world - a sad shell of it's former self. It currently feels like a neglected mall.

tirian

@marni1971 created a video that emphasizes how incredible the original pavilion was when it opened. With proper maintenance and updates, it could’ve continued indefinitely. Back around 2007, new intro videos — even with Nemo — and updated graphics would have fixed the pavilion rather than a complete overhaul where fish keep shouting, “Where’s Nemo?”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom