New SSE Narrator

Pongo

I think James Earl Jones would be a SUPERB narrator for the ride. He has pretty my the best voice for anything if I had to choose.

But there is the fact that he played Mufasa. That could get confusing to kids, I would think.

But regardless. My vote goes out to James Earl Jones.

IcicleM

I know I know...

It sounds a little off, but how about Tom Selleck? haha Have you seen Meet The Robinsons? He's AWESOME as Cornelius, and his voice just sounds great.

sbkline

That's an outstanding idea!!! They only problem with it is that they would have to pay more than one person to do the narration. Theoretically though, with the touchscreens, it wouldn't be that hard for a couple of spiels to be stored on an onboard chip and activated by a touchscreen vote.

(Yes, it would require more vehicle modifications, but it would still be really cool!!!)

Does each car have its own speaker, or is there one speaker for each group of cars as they go through the ride? I know that when we are in one section of the ride, we can hear the spiel several cars back, which is not in sync with our car, because they are at a different point of the ride. But does the person directly in front of me or directly behind me have their own speaker, or are we on the same one? If they have a different speaker, then the problem with your idea would be that I would have a rider directly in front of me whose speaker is not in sync with mine and it would be like hearing two people talking at the same time, which wouldn't be very good, IMO.

EpcotMark

Carl Sagan

I know he is no longer living, but Carl Sagan would have made a GREAT narrator. He shares much of the same philosophy that is presented at Epcot and in Spaceship Earth. Cant you just hear it? "Spaceship Earth glows with Billions and Billionsof interactions carrying news and information at the very speed of light." :lol:

dkrfla

I wonder if it might be the "Epcot Lady" You know the recorded one who says ladies and gentleman" before practically every show in Epcot? Who is that woman anyway? Anyone know?

KeithVH

Jeez, this reminds of the the major coniptions that happened on Usenet way before the first X-Men movie came out and people would post lists and lists of who should be who. And then argue till the cows came home.

Anyway, with slight tongue-in-cheek, I say Ludwig von Drake. Face it, Ludwig is the "educational" voice of Disney. Although it would have to be the Paul Frees version (so I ain't holding my breath). He was my favorite growing up in the 60's. Heck, I just love anything Paul Frees did. Such a cool voice (voices). I'd add Jack Wagner to the list of people I can't have. I guess Corey Burton could do in a pinch but I think he's pretty busy right now.

Since I can't have them, keep Jeremy or get James Earl Jones or Morgan Freeman. Hey, how about a dialogue between James and Morgan?

steamboat_will

What about Julie Andrews? I agree on the need for a woman's voice.

That said,

Morgran Freeman
James Earl Jones
Walter Cronkite

would all be suitable choices. There is a need for it to be ominous and bold, yet subtle and important. I'm sure, based on what the plans are, that this is all planned way in advance (and probably already recorded).

diddy_mouse

In no particular order...

Patrick Stewart
Sigourney Weaver (to me, this would be kinda cool)
Morgan Freeman (he seems to be the king of voice-over's/narration :lol: )

Totally tongue-in-cheek...
The movie trailer guy (I really can't remember his name...)
John Cleese
Fran Drescher
:ROFLOL:

skipperg

There are some great choices listed. When Walter Cronkite did the narration in the past he made the attraction seem so much more robust. As much as I like Jeremy Irons as a actor, I was disappointed by his presentation.

Wouldn't it be great if maybe they used several performers. How about one or more of the still living astronauts that walked on the moon!

Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Alan Bean, Edgar Mitchell, David Scott, James Irwin, John Young, Charles Duke, Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt.

davidpw97

Mike Myers, but only if he does it in the voice of either Shrek or Austin Powers.

Or Simon Cowell. "Communications in the 1930's were simply awful, they lacked substance and the devices looked like they belonged on a cruise ship"

Seriously though I'd like to see someone other than the usual go to guys as far as narration is concerned, no more Morgan Freeman's, James Earl Jones. I like the suggestion of Jon Stewart or Kelsey Grammar. As for females i'd say Angelina Jolie or Sigourney Weaver, she is great on that "Planet Earth" show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom