New SSE Narrator

Bratstarman

Many folks (and kids) today don't know who these people are. So I would guess that it would be a more "current" figure who international crowds would recognize.

My guess? :shrug:

Maybe someone like Tom Hanks or Meryl Streep. The time has really arrived for a woman to narrate the ride (IMHO).

EpcotMark

I dont think Walter Cronkite will be brought back by any means. He is over 90 and his voice isnt what it used to be. Tom Hanks would be a fine choice, so would Kelsey Grammar, but they would be too expensive I am sure.

I THINK THAT THERE SHOULD BE A CHOICE IN NARRATORS THAT YOU COULD SELECT ON THE TOUCH SCREEN. THIS WOULD SATISFY EVERYONE. VIC PERRIN, WALTER CRONKITE, AND THE JEREMY IRONS NARRATIONS AS CHOICES. ALSO ADD A COUPLE OTHER NARRATIONS AS WELL, AND WE'RE GOOD TO GO. THERE, EVERYONE IS HAPPY.:)

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I like the idea of Morgan Freeman...he always seems to narrate whatever movie he's in.

A number of other suggestions in this thread have been good too.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think that James Earl Jones would make a great voice of the attraction.

Young people may not know the name, but they have heard the voice.

Jekyll_Baker

My first vote would be for Patrick Stewart, or maybe Malcolm McDowell, or even Tim Curry (OK I'm leaning toward a good British voice).

Second vote would be for a female voice - Glenn Close, or Susan Sarandon.

James Earl Jones would be cool too - I'd just be afraid it would sound like Darth Vader in Epcot's new DeathStar Earth.

nelsonj3

I dont think Walter Cronkite will be brought back by any means. He is over 90 and his voice isnt what it used to be. Tom Hanks would be a fine choice, so would Kelsey Grammar, but they would be too expensive I am sure.

I THINK THAT THERE SHOULD BE A CHOICE IN NARRATORS THAT YOU COULD SELECT ON THE TOUCH SCREEN. THIS WOULD SATISFY EVERYONE. VIC PERRIN, WALTER CRONKITE, AND THE JEREMY IRONS NARRATIONS AS CHOICES. ALSO ADD A COUPLE OTHER NARRATIONS AS WELL, AND WE'RE GOOD TO GO. THERE, EVERYONE IS HAPPY.:)

That's an outstanding idea!!! They only problem with it is that they would have to pay more than one person to do the narration. Theoretically though, with the touchscreens, it wouldn't be that hard for a couple of spiels to be stored on an onboard chip and activated by a touchscreen vote.

(Yes, it would require more vehicle modifications, but it would still be really cool!!!)

Figment571

I like the idea of Tom Hanks a lot. I would have never thought of him but he is one of my favorite actors. James Earl Jones would be good too. But Tom Hanks that would be awesome!

Yellow Shoes

I'd rather have P** W** Herman than Walter Cronkite.

Cronkite has always sounded a little like Mr. Ed (the talking horse, of course, of course) to me.

Personally, I like Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar.

Everytime we get in SSE, we say, "Life's not fair..."

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'd rather have P** W** Herman than Walter Cronkite.

Cronkite has always sounded a little like Mr. Ed (the talking horse, of course, of course) to me.

Personally, I like Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar.

Everytime we get in SSE, we say, "Life's not fair..."

I don't think he's (PW) allowed into darkened venues anymore. :lookaroun

Cmdr_Crimson

Great..just what we need..Once Scar leaves Mufasa has to do the Narration...Let's just add Timon (Nathan Lane) for comic relief during our decent down.

EpcotMark

That's an outstanding idea!!! They only problem with it is that they would have to pay more than one person to do the narration. Theoretically though, with the touchscreens, it wouldn't be that hard for a couple of spiels to be stored on an onboard chip and activated by a touchscreen vote.

(Yes, it would require more vehicle modifications, but it would still be really cool!!!)

Thanks, I agree

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom