New 'Smartwater' beverage available at snack carts

cndrellagrl

:sohappy: Yay! This is very exciting for me because I hate Dasani. I always end up drinking juice the entire time I am there because I don't like pop and Dasani taste like chemicals to me. I do, however, LOVE vitamin water. This is amazing! Thanks for the update.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
SmartWater... while tasty and refreshing..... is NOT worth $3.25... anytime... anywhere. :hammer: :brick: $2 at a 7-11... yes maybe... if they are out of Fiji. :lol:

If I am going to pay that much for water... it better be Fiji.. and even then I draw the line at $2.00 a bottle, for Fiji. :lol:

Yeah Yeah... "your at wdw... blah blah blah" still it aint worth it. $2... maybe.

MKCP 1985

SmartWater... while tasty and refreshing..... is NOT worth $3.25... anytime... anywhere. :hammer: :brick: $2 at 7-11... yes maybe... if they are out of Fiji. :lol:

If I am going to pay that much for water... it better be Fiji.. and even then I draw the line at $2.00 a bottle, for Fiji. :lol:

Yeah Yeah... "your at wdw... blah blah blah" still it aint worth it. $2... maybe.

it ain't! especially with a chilled water fountain on every corner shouting "FREE, FREE, FREE!!!" :lol:

wedway71

Anyone besides me remember way back when they sold Zephyrhills in the parks? I miss that - Dasani is disgusting :hurl:

Wow....with all this Dasani hating people maybe I should not say that I was part of the Dasani Launch Team for Coke when I was back in Florida.

I do like Zephyrhill water the best. When DIsney and Coke signed the deal ,Coke didnt have their own brand of water.They distributed different brands regional.My market was NAYA at the time.

Little Dasani factoid.....We spent 6 months going through EVERY language in the world to make sure the word Dasani didnt mean ANYTHING.

EPCOT Explorer

SmartWater... while tasty and refreshing..... is NOT worth $3.25... anytime... anywhere. :hammer: :brick: $2 at a 7-11... yes maybe... if they are out of Fiji. :lol:

Exactly.Water is water.I bring a empty water bottle from my hotel and fill it at a fountain.So kill me.:rolleyes:

Glasgow

Everytime I see bottled water I think about what people a 100, 50, heck, even 15 years ago would think about people selling water in a bottle .. it makes me laugh every time.

What's next? Bottled air? .... *looks around with a worried look* lol

wedway71

I remember doing Contract Negotiations with places like the Ritz Carlton and them saying how high the price of water would be.

I told them yes but it comes from the GOLDEN SPICKET.....

I guess it worked...Ritz Carlton now serves Dasani.:D

Figment1986

Little Dasani factoid.....We spent 6 months going through EVERY language in the world to make sure the word Dasani didnt mean ANYTHING.

In some unknown language it means: "Yuck, get me a Evian or at least Z-Hills water"

Seriously, if the Disney Cruise Line can offer Evian, why can't the parks have a better water too!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
In some unknown language it means: "Yuck, get me a Evian or at least Z-Hills water"

Seriously, if the Disney Cruise Line can offer Evian, why can't the parks have a better water too!

Good point... good point!
Evian is good... they should offer that and Fiji in the parks. :lol:

/omg... I sound like a water snob...lol *shuts up* :lol:

I do drink the Dasani... its really cold and wet... and its fine when its 110 degrees with the humidity, in August, at WDW. :lol::shrug:

wedway71

I agree...I actually like Evian better.I do think Dasani has too much of a mineral taste.
I did manage to stomach it since I was able to get cases at cost.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No, just very nice plastic.
That means a lot when you're hot and thirsty! :lol:
For something called Smartwater, you can't be too smart to fork out that price.
ironicwater.jpg

:lookaroun
Ahhh, but you forget the added nutrients!

Anyway it's just another CocaCola product....personally I wish they'd of added PowerAde.

wedway71

I will say this....Disney is making a KILLING on selling 20 oz Dasani.
Its been a while since I was with Coke but Disney was paying around $13 a case(24). They were paying around $7 a case(24) for Dasani.

They were selling all 20 oz for same price.

Then Disney gets kick back money from Coke per year.

tnemgif

I will say this....Disney is making a KILLING on selling 20 oz Dasani.
Its been a while since I was with Coke but Disney was paying around $13 a case(24). They were paying around $7 a case(24) for Dasani.

They were selling all 20 oz for same price.

I always thought that Disney was ridiculously priced on food and beverage as well, until I went to six flags. My $14 Hamburger meal made me really appreciate Disney's food service.

JimboJones123

Yeah, I don't think we should stir the pot too much on this one.

Most theme parks I've been to in the past year or two not named Disney sell their drinks for $4-$6. It's actually cheaper to go to the movies and get a pop than get a soda at the zoo when we visit. Six Flags drinks are $4.50 if I remember for larges. Kings Island was $4 a few weeks ago when we visited.

The only think I hope is that this isn't a first step to steep increases. We could see them VERY QUICKLY tacking on that extra $1 for regular water and sodas. At that point, there wouldn't be so much of an uproar about a $.25 surcharge for the SmartWater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom