New Rumor

bjlc57

well for some of us..

Well merf, I absolutely expressed that you have made many a fine post.

and that I personally looked forward to seeing them.

But if you want to turn it or turn on people, fine.

We all don't understand half sentences or half meanings. and you have 200 plus posts saying the same thing. no we don't know the lowest common denominator, if we don't understand the language that it is written in.

if you have something to say, please say it. Or don't post it. or post a definitive answer especially having seen 200 posts of people not understanding what you are trying to say. I am not the only person who obviously feels this way. and for you to get touchy about it, is poor on your part.

in the past you have made plenty of statements. Please feel free to make a clarification statement now. and let us all get on with our menial, mundane lives.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Well Im glad to see that all we have to be worried about is a rumour of the possibility that there may be eventually something being built in a theme park.

However I understand the desire to know what it is because the earlier we know the sooner we can start making posts about why its not suited, not what Walt would have done, poorly themed but still better than Universal.

The Mom

Premium Member
Well Im glad to see that all we have to be worried about is a rumour of the possibility that there may be eventually something being built in a theme park.

However I understand the desire to know what it is because the earlier we know the sooner we can start making posts about why its not suited, not what Walt would have done, poorly themed but still better than Universal.

:lol: I also think the "I know something you don't know" mentality is rather childish. And ITA, people will start taking their pro or con positions before the first nail is hammered.

BTW, I know something you don't know. Really. But I can't say. :lookaroun :lol:

The Empress Lilly

Merf posted a Haiku (nice touch, me thinks) about Mount Fuji, he confirmed that it was a Haiku about Mount Fuji, and he posted exactly what he had heard: 'someone said they're looking at large objects behind japan again'.

This was later confirmed / corrected by several posters with more direct sources: Japan is being looked at, not for any existing or public concepts, and no, nothing is anywhere near greenlit.

Back to topic:
So no Mount Fuji, no Bullet Train, and no Meet the World apparantly. Meanwhile, as we've learned with Disney, look for the money if you want to check the credibility of rumours. And from what I've read, Mitsukoshi is willing to splash out on something big...

http://www.tcw.jp/disney/en/index.html

EPCOT.nut

So no Mount Fuji, no Bullet Train, and no Meet the World apparantly. Meanwhile, as we've learned with Disney, look for the money if you want to check the credibility of rumours. And from what I've read, Mitsukoshi is willing to splash out on something big

The Japan area should be able to afford something really big considering the amount of money that huge store generates. :lol:

Enigma

Account Suspended
Exactly.
It's way too early to get excited about it. Maybe this time next year.

A reliable source on another board said Disney just had a big meeting about what projects will be added to Walt Disney World in the next 5-10 years and that the Japan attraction was approved for further development.

Personally, im expecting some high-quality non cartoon tie-in attractions and this Japan rumor seems to fit the bill.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
A reliable source on another board said Disney just had a big meeting about what projects will be added to Walt Disney World in the next 5-10 years and that the Japan attraction was approved for further development.

Personally, im expecting some high-quality non cartoon tie-in attractions and this Japan rumor seems to fit the bill.

I don't care if it's Pokemon and all it really has is Jigglypuff singing while strobe lights flash before we're unceremoniously deposited in the Mitsukoshi. WS needs another ride.

EPCOT.nut

I don't care if it's Pokemon and all it really has is Jigglypuff singing while strobe lights flash before we're unceremoniously deposited in the Mitsukoshi. WS needs another ride.

Have you ever seen Japanese Karaoke? :hurl: :lol:

I would love to see a Mothra ride. :D

johnvree

So.......I didn't quite read ALL 18 pages..but is this related to the Mount Figi buisness I read earlier in this thread?
That's the big question. Merf is far too important to clear this up for us. You'll have to go back and read all 18 pages and form your own conclusion. When you get done, if you are not sure whether Merf was posting a Japan attraction rumor, welcome to the lowest common denominator class.

cdunbar

Merf sweetie for those of us who don't do poetry or literature at all for that matter, can you just clear this all up for us? I consider myself an interlligent indivdual but I'm confused...:shrug:

leobloom

I'm not one to defend merf, and maybe he should just answer the question point-blank. BUT it's been stated several times in this thread that the rumor pertains to a NEW ATTRACTION FOR JAPAN IN WORLD SHOWCASE. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Oh, and Joe Rhode has apparently done some work on it. That's all.

johnvree

This has really gotten ridiculous and is really reflecting poorly on some folks... It's not my fault. The answer was explicitly given.

No it wasn't and you know it. Just because you have thousands of posts doesn't give you the right to be a jerk. Next time you have a rumor, just post what you know. If you want to make a game out of it, go to the Disney Trivia and Games board on this site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom