New Rumor Says Further Demolitions Cancelled & Clubs Could Reopen!

lebeau

Original Poster
nope.... not in the least...

Thats an nice flag you guys seem to wave whenever there is an original thought here though, that doesn't fall in line with the 'in list'..

And why do you accuse me of this anyway? do I need to banned for what i've said? I surely don't think so.. I am merely stating facts that aren't supported by wild rumors that have no facts behind them...

If I get banned (again, WHY?) then it's clear that you are only allowed to have 'popular' opinion here....

I don't remember calling for you to be banned... (Methinks the poster doth protest too much.)

The writing style is just very familiar. I've got my theory as to why that is.

But hey, have fun!

71jason

I have "a little" info on this.

I was privy recently to some information--namely, that the area is in flux. I had known about some large plans that were going to be done in that area. Word I got this week is that, there are some competing ideas for what will be going into those nightclub spaces--and that, at this time, the less expensive bids are the frontrunners. These would be existing franchises/companies moving into existing buildings, rather than the large scale buildout and new/unique spaces that I had heard about before.

I believe this is all yet to be decided, but that they are leaning towards the easier path.

If you're saying that Disney won't build what is in the concept art, and instead will just let existing companies take over the empty PI buildings, then you're basically confirming the gist of the Save PI story is correct?

jt04

I don't remember calling for you to be banned... (Methinks the poster doth protest too much.)

The writing style is just very familiar. I've got my theory as to why that is.

But hey, have fun!

Are you thinking it is me? Because if so you are wrong again. I agree with the new poster though.

Please sweep up your credibility, perhaps you can glue it back together.

lebeau

Original Poster
Are you thinking it is me? Because if so you are wrong again. I agree with the new poster though.

Please sweep up your credibility, perhaps you can glue it back together.

It's funny how the new guy left and you came back. Why don't we ever see Clark and Superman at the same time, I wonder?

Don't really care one way or another. Have fun, jt.

jt04

If you're saying that Disney won't build what is in the concept art, and instead will just let existing companies take over the empty PI buildings, then you're basically confirming the gist of the Save PI story is correct?

You can see in the renderings that Disney never intended to tear down all the buildings but rather repurpose about half of them. Nothing new about that.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
don't worry, they'll start knocking down soundstage and AC within the next 2 weeks and all the little hopefuls will scurry back to the 'save the ac' thread..

sorry guys, but it does get old after a while.. it's embarassing that you don't know that the fight is over.. (or that you don't care to acknowledge)... Trying to 'poison' the plans for HW by spreading false rumors and lies won't bring back AC...

Which DOES suck, btw... I never had a chance to check it out,really wish i had because it was apparently an AMAZING experience.. but the ship has sailed...

When they knock down the AC and BET, we already know what is replacing these buildings. SEED & MULCH. I am sorry to disappoint you, but Hyperian Wharf is the rumor.

jt04

It's funny how the new guy left and you came back. Why don't we ever see Clark and Superman at the same time, I wonder?

Don't really care one way or another. Have fun, jt.

Seriously, we are not the same person. Never heard of the person nor have we spoken. Perhaps it is you and the "new" person will suddenly "see the light" and start agreeing with you. We can play this game all day. :drevil:

jt04

When they knock down the AC and BET, we already know what is replacing these buildings. SEED & MULCH. I am sorry to disappoint you, but Hyperian Wharf is the rumor.

Right. Next you will tell us there was never a press conference announcing HW or stories all over the media.

Jedi mind tricks don't work through the interwebz.

Did Knee

JT04...For the record, can I get you to state your exact position regarding alcohol? Are you just against clubs or alcohol consumption in general? Do you believe that alcohol should be as illegal as marijuana? Or is it just that you believe that Disney is family oriented and therefore alcohol has no place there? What is your basis for your disdain of clubs? Please don't take this as an attack. I truly want to understand your position on this subject. :wave:

lebeau

Original Poster
JT04...For the record, can I get you to state your exact position regarding alcohol? Are you just against clubs or alcohol consumption in general? Do you believe that alcohol should be as illegal as marijuana? Or is it just that you believe that Disney is family oriented and therefore alcohol has no place there? What is your basis for your disdain of clubs? Please don't take this as an attack. I truly want to understand your position on this subject. :wave:

Hang on. jt logged out and logged back in under his newly banned ID. I'm sure jt will be back any minute though.

Atomicmickey

I don't have enough hard info to really confirm or deny that, but when I read it, I said to myself "well, that sorta makes sense based on what I heard".

Really, it's fuzzy. I think they are in the middle of some decision making, and that's why we really don't know. I know that what I learned is that it can go one way or another. That's not much info, but at least it's a peek into the process.

Anyone that says "it's going this way" or "it's going that way", either has more info than I do, or is makin' stuff up. As far as I know, the decisions haven't been made.

menamechris

That is because they got rid of the clubs and started marketing to their core audience while adding content that appeals to everyone. Perfect strategy and it would be terrible if they went backwards at this point by reopening the clubs and by doing so increasing the crimie rates back to the levels that they were experiencing.

Who are you saying is their core audience? How many children to do you think enjoy eating at fancy restaurants and doing mall shopping while at WDW? Seriously....

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Right. Next you will tell us there was never a press conference announcing HW or stories all over the media.

Jedi mind tricks don't work through the interwebz.

That is strange. I seem to remember a HUGE press event announcing the FLE including Cinderella's Chateu. Lots of concept art, and tons of stories all over the media. Hmm....I guess we can't use old press releases and concept art as evidence anymore. How about we use our eyes, and the actual permits filed. That should give us a better idea of what is happening.

Buried20KLeague

Or that FLE was never changed from the original announcement ...

Or, to go even further back... When Israel was announced as a country in world showcase... Signs even went up in the area it was supposed to occupy.

Disney has had press releases and conferences and announced a number of projects that never happen (Disney's America, anyone?), going way back. How about details of the Little Mermaid ride that was to be built in DLP that was put out on the Little Mermaid DVD?? I even seem to recall a certain Walt Disney telling the entire country on TV about his new project... E.P.C.O.T.

To say HW WILL be built just because some suit said so in a press conference and he showed a few pictures is pretty funny. :rolleyes:

What's next, someone's going to say they're actually going to put high speed rail in Central Florida?? :lol: :lookaroun

The likely scenario here is that Disney decided to announce HW and show some pictures to see what sort of commitments they could get from 3rd parties to occupy space. A "test balloon", if you will. They most likely had a requirement for a certain percentage of the planned space to be spoken for in order to pull the trigger. If they hit the percentage, they start construction. If they don't, they don't. The casual observer doesn't even notice, so no harm done if they don't build.

The reason this makes sense is... TDO doesn't do ANYTHING these days without a guaranteed ROI. It's common sense that they sat in a room and figured out the easiest way to do something with PI that would allow someone else to basically foot the bill for construction.

It seems fairly obvious that they didn't get commitments from tenants like they thought they would. Hence, no movement. What makes the most sense in TDO's eyes if they can't get someone to foot the bill for HW? Task the sales force with filling the remaining buildings, so they're repurposed, and not on TDO's tab. Get commitments for those builidings, and see what happens before doing much else.

The simplest answer is usually the correct one. I don't mean the the correct thing to DO... Just that it's most likely what they're doing.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Or, to go even further back... When Israel was announced as a country in world showcase... Signs even went up in the area it was supposed to occupy.

Disney has had press releases and conferences and announced a number of projects that never happen (Disney's America, anyone?), going way back. How about details of the Little Mermaid ride that was to be built in DLP that was put out on the Little Mermaid DVD?? I even seem to recall a certain Walt Disney telling the entire country on TV about his new project... E.P.C.O.T.

To say HW WILL be built just because some suit said so in a press conference and he showed a few pictures is pretty funny. :rolleyes:

What's next, someone's going to say they're actually going to put high speed rail in Central Florida?? :lol: :lookaroun

The likely scenario here is that Disney decided to announce HW and show some pictures to see what sort of commitments they could get from 3rd parties to occupy space. A "test balloon", if you will. They most likely had a requirement for a certain percentage of the planned space to be spoken for in order to pull the trigger. If they hit the percentage, they start construction. If they don't, they don't. The casual observer doesn't even notice, so no harm done if they don't build.

The reason this makes sense is... TDO doesn't do ANYTHING these days without a guaranteed ROI. It's common sense that they sat in a room and figured out the easiest way to do something with PI that would allow someone else to basically foot the bill for construction.

It seems fairly obvious that they didn't get commitments from tenants like they thought they would. Hence, no movement. What makes the most sense in TDO's eyes if they can't get someone to foot the bill for HW? Task the sales force with filling the remaining buildings, so they're repurposed, and not on TDO's tab. Get commitments for those builidings, and see what happens before doing much else.

The simplest answer is usually the correct one. I don't mean the the correct thing to DO... Just that it's most likely what they're doing.
Didn't you hear? High speed rail in central Florida is a definite.:D

lebeau

Original Poster

:sohappy:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Didn't you hear? High speed rail in central Florida is a definite.:D

:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom