New Rumor Says Further Demolitions Cancelled & Clubs Could Reopen!

Buried20KLeague

So wait... I'm confused.

New guy got banned. What did he do or say to get banned?

Other than unloading both barrels in his "first posts", of course.

Hmmm... Interesting... :drevil:

Atomicmickey

It seems fairly obvious that they didn't get commitments from tenants like they thought they would. Hence, no movement.

What seems to be happening, from my source, is that negotiations are ongoing between them and third party tenants about exactly what to do.

For example, build out a space at $300.00 a square foot, or one at $1000.00 a square foot. What would the ROI be on something that is an existing chain, vs. something unique to DTD? What do people want in this economy?
Think, for example, of (and this is just me making things up to illustrate, NOT an example), say. Rainforest Cafe, vs. a Cheesecake Factory. One is more expensive to make, more of a destination, the other is a known favorite. Or--something completely original and untested, vs. a large steakhouse chain. You get the idea.
Best bang for your buck, you know, the questions we all ask ourselves every day. I don't think there's anything insidious going on here, just trying to put the best package together that will generate the most traffic and revenue in the long run, and that enhances the new concept of the "Wharf", the opening to the water.

lebeau

Original Poster
What seems to be happening, from my source, is that negotiations are ongoing between them and third party tenants about exactly what to do.

For example, build out a space at $300.00 a square foot, or one at $1000.00 a square foot. What would the ROI be on something that is an existing chain, vs. something unique to DTD? What do people want in this economy?
Think, for example, of (and this is just me making things up to illustrate, NOT an example), say. Rainforest Cafe, vs. a Cheesecake Factory. One is more expensive to make, more of a destination, the other is a known favorite. Or--something completely original and untested, vs. a large steakhouse chain. You get the idea.
Best bang for your buck, you know, the questions we all ask ourselves every day. I don't think there's anything insidious going on here, just trying to put the best package together that will generate the most traffic and revenue in the long run, and that enhances the new concept of the "Wharf", the opening to the water.

Makes sense. Although I hope they realize that "this economy" won't last forever. Eventually, people will have more disposable income. And if they cheap out now, they will be left with a pretty strip mall even after the economy recovers.

Thanks again for sharing what you've heard!

MAF

"RazzoLazzo" who was apparently a previously banned poster in disguise.

Which one?

Anyway, I would like to hear JT's opinion on why having a club at Downtown Disney is such a bad idea and how exactly having one will "drive away all business." Sounds like more of the "sky is falling" crap to me. :rolleyes:

Did Knee

Which one?

Anyway, I would like to hear JT's opinion on why having a club at Downtown Disney is such a bad idea and how exactly having one will "drive away all business." Sounds like more of the "sky is falling" crap to me. :rolleyes:

My suspicion is that JT has religious or personal reasons for disliking alcohol in general and is channeling that personal conviction as a vendetta against clubs at WDW. I have already tried to ask him if this was the case, but he hasn't answered.

Mouse Detective

You're forgetting that Jt is a 14-yr old boy living in Ottumwa, Iowa and he has this uncanny ability to get everyone's chain!

As for his source, he made the comment earlier about someone in the know "lurking" in this chain and the only way he would know that is if he's PM'ing with that guy. (Forget who it was...Raven maybe.) If it is, I think Atomic Mickey's info coupled with a very silent Raven gives some hint that clubs reopening might be part of the truth. Apparently some vendors do have interest in existing buildings for some purpose! Much cheaper to repurpose a building than to build anew.

lebeau

Original Poster
My suspicion is that JT has religious or personal reasons for disliking alcohol in general and is channeling that personal conviction as a vendetta against clubs at WDW. I have already tried to ask him if this was the case, but he hasn't answered.

This has been my theory as well. After seeing his response to drinking and R-rated movies (when discussing Miramax) I came to the conclusion jt was... "sheltered".

You're forgetting that Jt is a 14-yr old boy living in Ottumwa, Iowa and he has this uncanny ability to get everyone's chain!

As for his source, he made the comment earlier about someone in the know "lurking" in this chain and the only way he would know that is if he's PM'ing with that guy. (Forget who it was...Raven maybe.) If it is, I think Atomic Mickey's info coupled with a very silent Raven gives some hint that clubs reopening might be part of the truth. Apparently some vendors do have interest in existing buildings for some purpose! Much cheaper to repurpose a building than to build anew.

Yep. That all seems to add up.

Condorman

I have a serious question -- which I'm sure has been asked at some point -- for anyone who would like to answer. It is something I've never quite understood.

Let me preface this by saying I never went to the AC, though it sounded like something I might have enjoyed.

Why, if it was a profit-generating venue; if it was so popular with so many people; if it was the crown-jewel of Pleasure Island did TDO or TWDC ever shut it down? Was it because it was part of PI, which was only open for evening hours, and therefore not bringing in enough revenue? Was it due to its proximity to the other clubs, which were luring, shall we say, delinquents, who were causing headaches for the familial atmosphere everyone expected?

People hail praise upon the AC like it was the greatest idea since Disneyland and the worst closing since Mr. Toad's. So what happened? Why? In Laymen's terms. Honestly and sincerely. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom