New Rumor Says Further Demolitions Cancelled & Clubs Could Reopen!

jt04

Of course they need to clear space before starting new construction. Hmmm, but they stopped clearing space, we have permits showing us that nothing new is coming, and there are rumors that HW as a whole has been shelved. Get your head out of the sand. TDO has made another major misstep with pleasure island.

Actually I have credible word it is definitely not canceled. Some changes may be occuring but nothing drastic.

Sorry to disappoint you. :ROFLOL:

devoy1701

this place is comical and entertaining!

(this place being the HW concept and any threads pertaining to the subject)

Hey...looks like TDO succeeded with me!

lebeau

Original Poster
Actually I have credible word it is definitely not canceled. Some changes may be occuring but nothing drastic.

Sorry to disappoint you. :ROFLOL:

(I don't know why I bother but since I know your "credible word" is the voice in your head but...)

Source?

jt04

Puzzling ineptitude is the "brave new vision".

A few malcontents conspire to promote false rumors and that is suddenly "ineptitude" on the part of others?

I do believe this latest episode of "crying wolf" has finally put the lie to the strategery.

Too bad, as it otherwise could be effective. But now it is just tired and overplayed.

lebeau

Original Poster
A few malcontents conspire to promote false rumors and that is suddenly "ineptitude" on the part of others?

I do believe this latest episode of "crying wolf" has finally put the lie to the strategery.

Too bad, as it otherwise could be effective. But now it is just tired and overplayed.

jt, you have grown so predictible.

How about that mysterious source?

Atomicmickey

I have "a little" info on this.

I was privy recently to some information--namely, that the area is in flux. I had known about some large plans that were going to be done in that area. Word I got this week is that, there are some competing ideas for what will be going into those nightclub spaces--and that, at this time, the less expensive bids are the frontrunners. These would be existing franchises/companies moving into existing buildings, rather than the large scale buildout and new/unique spaces that I had heard about before.

I believe this is all yet to be decided, but that they are leaning towards the easier path.

So, in a sense, in small ways, everyone is correct, and yet no one has it exactly right.

Let's just say some third parties are waiting on word at this point . . . .

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I shall reveal JT's mysterious source...

The source is Steve...

Or rather JT's interpretation of pictures that Steve posted, showing us grass.

lebeau

Original Poster
I have "a little" info on this.

I was privy recently to some information--namely, that the area is in flux. I had known about some large plans that were going to be done in that area. Word I got this week is that, there are some competing ideas for what will be going into those nightclub spaces--and that, at this time, the less expensive bids are the frontrunners. These would be existing franchises/companies moving into existing buildings, rather than the large scale buildout and new/unique spaces that I had heard about before.

I believe this is all yet to be decided, but that they are leaning towards the easier path.

So, in a sense, in small ways, everyone is correct, and yet no one has it exactly right.

Let's just say some third parties are waiting on word at this point . . . .

Thanks for the info! That more or less confirms the rumor that things are in flux. If history is any indication, I fully expect Disney to take the "easier path". (Although that doesn't sound terribly appealing.) It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Thanks again! :sohappy:

lebeau

Original Poster
I shall reveal JT's mysterious source...

The source is Steve...

Or rather JT's interpretation of pictures that Steve posted, showing us grass.

That was my thought as well. Even though Steve specifically clarified that his post had no deeper meaning beyond pictures of what was currently going on.

forevermickey

Just an observation on what is often posted around here that is completely false. Downtown Disney is not a ghost town, far from it, even in its current state. On a nightly basis the restaurants have lines out the door, the parking lots are full, even the West Side lot is congested. Regardless of what you think about DTD, it is not true to say it's a ghost town.
I can attest to that! All three years we were there at the beginning of Sept. and DTD was packed from one end to the other! We were lucky to find a parking spot, we almost gave up and left! This past September we could hardly move and the stores and restaurants were PACKED!!

jt04

That was my thought as well. Even though Steve specifically clarified that his post had no deeper meaning beyond pictures of what was currently going on.

Wrong.

I can attest to that! All three years we were there at the beginning of Sept. and DTD was packed from one end to the other! We were lucky to find a parking spot, we almost gave up and left! This past September we could hardly move and the stores and restaurants were PACKED!!

That is because they got rid of the clubs and started marketing to their core audience while adding content that appeals to everyone. Perfect strategy and it would be terrible if they went backwards at this point by reopening the clubs and by doing so increasing the crimie rates back to the levels that they were experiencing.

IWant2GoNow

I hear the tentative plans are to make an old western saloon and a giant old western jail where the "new sheriff" will be housed. Clearly to take care of all the drunken gang members that will surface with the reopening of clubs and the saloon. :p

RazzoLazzo

Banned
Wrong.

That is because they got rid of the clubs and started marketing to their core audience while adding content that appeals to everyone. Perfect strategy and it would be terrible if they went backwards at this point by reopening the clubs and by doing so increasing the crimie rates back to the levels that they were experiencing.

don't worry, they'll start knocking down soundstage and AC within the next 2 weeks and all the little hopefuls will scurry back to the 'save the ac' thread..

sorry guys, but it does get old after a while.. it's embarassing that you don't know that the fight is over.. (or that you don't care to acknowledge)... Trying to 'poison' the plans for HW by spreading false rumors and lies won't bring back AC...

Which DOES suck, btw... I never had a chance to check it out,really wish i had because it was apparently an AMAZING experience.. but the ship has sailed...

lebeau

Original Poster
don't worry, they'll start knocking down soundstage and AC within the next 2 weeks and all the little hopefuls will scurry back to the 'save the ac' thread..

sorry guys, but it does get old after a while.. it's embarassing that you don't know that the fight is over.. (or that you don't care to acknowledge)... Trying to 'poison' the plans for HW by spreading false rumors and lies won't bring back AC...

Which DOES suck, btw... I never had a chance to check it out,really wish i had because it was apparently an AMAZING experience.. but the ship has sailed...

someone opened a second account? :wave:

RazzoLazzo

Banned
someone opened a second account? :wave:

nope.... not in the least...

Thats an nice flag you guys seem to wave whenever there is an original thought here though, that doesn't fall in line with the 'in list'..

And why do you accuse me of this anyway? do I need to banned for what i've said? I surely don't think so.. I am merely stating facts that aren't supported by wild rumors that have no facts behind them...

If I get banned (again, WHY?) then it's clear that you are only allowed to have 'popular' opinion here....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom