New Rumor Says Further Demolitions Cancelled & Clubs Could Reopen!

Brian Noble

Hysterical. I did a 1-click Google search and came up with this article from today's Wall Street Journal:

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011...aches-for-disney-cities/?mod=google_news_blog

Honeymooners Eschew Beaches for Disney, Cities.

Exerpt:

"The top honeymoon destinations in the U.S. are Walt Disney World, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Miami and the Florida Keys."

I'd say the Wall Street Journal agrees. :drevil:

But did you read the actual article (rather than the blog entry) with the data?

This was published on the very same day, referencing the very same study:
http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20110524-905943.html

The actual numbers are:

2010 HONEYMOON STATISTICS

1. Estimated Number of Honeymooners: 1.4 million U.S. couples per year

2. Cost of a Honeymoon: $4,466, on average

3. Honeymoon Length: 8 days, on average (excluding travel time)

4. Who's Paying: 62% of couples pay for most (at least 90%) of their honeymoon on their own

5. When They Book the Honeymoon: 4 months before the wedding date, on average

6. Most Popular "International" Destinations (% of overall honeymooners): Mexico (15%), Hawaii (12%), Jamaica (7%), The Bahamas (5%), Italy (5%), St. Lucia (5%), France (3%), U.S.V.I. (3%)

7. Most Popular Continental U.S. Destinations (% of overall honeymooners): Florida (8%), California (5%), Nevada (3%)

8. Luxury Honeymooners: represent 15% of the market and spend more than $7,000

9. Most Popular Luxury Honeymoon Destination Region (% of luxury honeymooners): Europe (28%), Caribbean (21%), Hawaii (18%), South Pacific (11%)

CONTINENTAL U.S. VS. INTERNATIONAL HONEYMOONERS

Nearly 30% of newly married U.S. couples honeymoon exclusively within the continental U.S., whereas more than 70% travel outside of the continental U.S. (including Hawaii) for at least some part of their honeymoon.

So, let's suppose that even half of the "Florida" honeymooners are going to WDW. That's 4% of 1.4M couples, or 112K people. That's not trivial, but it's probably not enough to fuel a handful of clubs on PI. Especially when, as noted, they probably have other evening priorities...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom