New Retro Shirts at Mouse Gear!!

jessfriends

You should be able to get them from mail order, I was able to get the EPCOT repeats shirt that way earlier in the year.

I forgot that some people were able to get them via mail order. I called a couple times and emailed and everyone said they (purple 82 & epcot repeats) were not available to mail order.

jeffb

I forgot that some people were able to get them via mail order. I called a couple times and emailed and everyone said they (purple 82 & epcot repeats) were not available to mail order.

Thats odd, I had the SKU when I called and once they entered it into the computer, mail order described the shirt as EPCOT repeats and I was able to purcase it. Hopefully, you will have better luck this time with them.

TheBeatles

The yellow shirt was $24 and the red 3/4 shirt was $26. I got a small in both (they are unisex and both run rather large - especially the 3/4 one). I can measure them for you, but like I said earlier, I don't have the shirts with me right now so it might be a day or two before I can post that info.

Do you mean the small fits big or the sizes run big?

If I am the Figment you're asking, I have a couple of Figment Tees, a Pirates of the Caribbean tee (that I overpaid for, in retrospect), a Haunted Mansion Tee, a MVMCP sweatshirt, a Space Mountain tee, and another Epcot Tee... plus some in my closet at home that I actually purchased at the time they were released that probably no longer fit.

What about yourself?

I have 2 vintage shirts. One of them was from MGM that I wore as a kid and the other is a vintage Mickey Mouse shirt. I've had awful luck winning vintage Disney shirts.

SDav10495

These shirts are about 10,000 times cooler than the last batch of "retro" shirts...and I liked those.

These better be available though mail order...

cymbaldiva

Thank you so much for the photos .... I need those shirts!

Don't suppose any CM's said if they'd be around for a bit did they?

Figment82

Original Poster
Thank you so much for the photos .... I need those shirts!

Don't suppose any CM's said if they'd be around for a bit did they?

They will be around until they sell out, like the last batch. If they sell extremely well, they may get reordered or new designs will be brought out.

Figment82

Original Poster
Alright everyone - here are the SKU's that you've all been waiting for:

Yellow: 40019924800 (for the Small, increase the last number by one for each size up)
Red 3/4: 40019924804 (for the Small, increase the last number by one for each size up)

epcotcenter2001

These are by far the best pieces of merchandise I've seen come out of Epcot in along time. (prob since 1982!)

I must have both styles. Go Epcot! Someone should be recognized! I hope they do a 25th t-shirt that's retro. That would be a dream come true.

dxwwf3

Alright everyone - here are the SKU's that you've all been waiting for:

Yellow: 40019924800 (for the Small, increase the last number by one for each size up)
Red 3/4: 40019924804 (for the Small, increase the last number by one for each size up)

Thanks so much. Hopefully I can get them from mail order and hopefully they are both available in XXL.

Figment82

Original Poster
Thanks so much. Hopefully I can get them from mail order and hopefully they are both available in XXL.

The Red 3/4 shirt definitely comes in XXL as I saw it for myself on the rack, but I believe the Yellow comes in XL as its largest size, but this assumption is based solely on the SKU numbering system (801 is medium, 802 is large, 803 is x-large, and 804 is the small in the red 3/4 shirt).

dxwwf3

but I believe the Yellow comes in XL as its largest size, but this assumption is based solely on the SKU numbering system (801 is medium, 802 is large, 803 is x-large, and 804 is the small in the red 3/4 shirt).

That figures. And if that is any indication, I bet that someone who normally wears a large in T-shirts will be wanting the XL. Disney T-shirts are usually sized too small as it is (I find them a bit narrow and short), but they are probably going with a vintage cut on the yellow shirt. I can't stand for a t-shirt to be the slightest bit tight, so I might be out of luck on these. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I doubt it. Thanks though.

Zippity Boo Yah

Hope this hasn't been posted - did a quick run-through and didn't see it...

But much to everyone's complete surprise, two new retro (isn't that a great oxymoron?) Epcot Center shirts arrived at Mouse Gear yesterday. I own both of them, and can have photos up in the morning. They are both exact replicas of original 80's era shirts, so most of you will probably be able to visualize them right away.

The first one is yellow, with SSE flanked by palm trees. Below it in large blue letters reads "EPCOT Center" surrounded by a box.

The second one is a white three-quarters sleeved shirt with red sleeves. The Flower logo is repeated in rainbow colors in a straight line across the chest. The Epcot Center font is the one similar to the font used on the wand (remember the discussion that was held earlier about that font's origins).

Looks like XXL is the largest size that they come in, but that may change over time. Like I said, I'll have photos in the morning (and I can include SKU's as well, but I am guessing they will be store-exclusive like the last ones).
ANd XXL isnt big enough??

diddy_mouse

Holy Vintage Batman!

I have the original shirt with the red sleeves from back in the day!! I am certainly bringing it on my trip in Dec. But I am little saddened that I won't be super-nerdy and original wearing my vintage EPCOT shirt around WDW. On the flip side....I am so happy that they have marketed some retro merchandise for the park! :sohappy:

epcotcenter2001

I would disagree that Disney sizing runs on the small size. I always buy size XL anywhere else but Disney. I need a L at Disney because everything is so boxy like a poncho!

dxwwf3

I would disagree that Disney sizing runs on the small size. I always buy size XL anywhere else but Disney. I need a L at Disney because everything is so boxy like a poncho!

That's odd. I can compare my WDW shirts to my average Reebok NFL & NBA shirts or Adidas college shirts and the WDW shirts are clearly much shorter and more narrow on the sides. It's not a big deal because Disney shirts fit me fine, but they are almost always smaller than what I normally buy. The only WDW shirt that I have that seems to be sized like my other shirts is my original Epcot retro shirt with the green and navy old symbols on the front. My newest shirt, a navy blue Expedition Everest, is about half a size smaller than that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom