New Retro Shirts at Mouse Gear!!

Number_6

:eek: Are you serious?! That shirt sounds AWESOME! Do you still by any chance have the shirt, or any pictures of it? (perhaps some old vacation pictures from a day you wore it?) I would really like to see it!!!

I don't still have the shirt, my mom was nuts about making sure anything that didn't fit me went of to my younger cousin. She even gave him my Championship Track Jacket from Jr High that had my name stitched in the sleeve... :rolleyes:

As for pictures, I'd have to go through the photo albums I recently recovered and see if it's there. If it is, I'll then need to find a way to scan it into my computer, since the last time I had a scanner, it was part of a printer that no longer wanted to print.

TheBeatles

As someone who watches (and buys) retro EPCOT Center shirts on eBay, I can tell you all a few things.

First, there is a 99.9% chance the link SewIn2Disney posted is the correct shirt; unless there is some other shirt almost identical to it that I've never seen.

Second, although you may think the quality of Disney merchandise has gone down over the years, the yellow shirt was originally very thin and very prone to shrinking. Unless they emulated the material of the shirt too, a new one is likely to be of higher quality.

Third, due to the shrinking, and the general style of tighter shirts back when the yellow one was released, anyone who wears a size L or greater would have a tough time fitting into one of the older shirts. I normally wear a size Small, and when I order the vintage shirts, I get large usually, and those fit me well.

Cool find! Hopefully they will release a blue, "21st Century starts..." with SSE (most of you should know the design about which I'm talking) shirt soon. In my opinion, that one is best!

I was going to bid on that Figment t-shirt, but its measurements were way too small for me.
EDIT: Or maybe they will start selling this shirt (my all time favorite and top 'steal' off eBay at only $10.49 plus shipping!):
249a_1.JPG

Thats a great way of describing vintage clothing. I collect vintage clothes and sometimes I get lucky with larges fitting me nicely. That yellow shirt listed on eBay right now does look a little too nice to be vintage, but I think its legit. There was one 2 weeks ago that was medium sized and looked like perfect vintage. I lost it :(

Testtrack321

That shirt was tagged a medium. It fits like an extra-small. My Figment shirt is tagged a large and fits like a muscle fit small (think small from an Abercrombie Co. brand).

Wow, I think I might need an 2XL, I'm not nearly built as good as you are (plus I'm not a fan of tight shirts)

TheBeatles

we have probably been in some bidding wars together. id like to say that i won it... but i havent. i just cant go over $25. sometimes you get lucky and no one is paying attention when somehting like that comes up.

i have been in bidding wars with the same people so many times that i know who to bid against and who not to mess with. i swear, only rich people bid on EPCOT Center merchandise because i keep losing those kinds of auctions.

WDWFigment

i have been in bidding wars with the same people so many times that i know who to bid against and who not to mess with. i swear, only rich people bid on EPCOT Center merchandise because i keep losing those kinds of auctions.

I know exactly what you mean. The first time I tried for that Figment shirt, I was outbid (I never actually bid because the auction got so high, so early) by a large margin, and the auction ended at $36 plus shipping. I was shocked, to say the least. Do a search for Haunted Mansion shirts (completed auctions) and you'll see a buy it now that SOLD for $149. I swear the same people who have money to throw around on these shirts are also all Figment collectors. So many times my JBidWatcher doesn't even get the chance to snipe because the auction is already waaaaay out of my league.

TheBeatles

I swear the same people who have money to throw around on these shirts are also all Figment collectors. So many times my JBidWatcher doesn't even get the chance to snipe because the auction is already waaaaay out of my league.

i wish i could name all the people who snipe.

WDWFigment

i wish i could name all the people who snipe.

Not to get too far off topic, but do you not snipe? Honestly, I used to hate people who sniped until I realized that was just the way things are on eBay, and I had to either adapt, or stop expecting to win auctions. If you google the term JBidWatcher you'll find a great program that will help you out a lot. Just make sure you don't have an internet connection that drops a lot (if you want to use it).

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

The next few months is not the time to expect any EPCOT bargains!

TheBeatles

I don't snipe because its unfair. I hate it when people do it to me, so I can only imagine how people would feel if I did it to them. For being someone who dosen't snipe, I do alright.

Back to the topic...

Anybody have pictures yet?

hrcollectibles

Off topic here.. I sell stuff on ebay(both privately and I manage a store that sells stuff for people on ebay) and I also buy... I have never sniped any auction.. I know what i am willing to pay for an item and I bid that amount.. if I loose it 9 out of 10 times another one will show up. ..Plus selling on ebay helps me finance my Disney trips :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I don't snipe because its unfair. I hate it when people do it to me, so I can only imagine how people would feel if I did it to them. For being someone who dosen't snipe, I do alright.

Back to the topic...

Anybody have pictures yet?
ok, lets pretend i was born yesterday... what is "snipe"?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
It is the Ebay "practice" of bidding at the last minute, shutting out the chance for counter bids. It is in contrast to providing your high bid early and watching whether it holds up or not.
ok, i thought it was going to be when a Seller has another screenname and gets in a bidding war with his own stuff to jack the price up.

Figment82

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay everyone - my internet connection went down this morning so I couldn't load the pics as promised. I am now coming to you live from a local cafe, so fear not - here are the photos of the two shirts:

DSCN2098.JPG

DSCN2097.JPG

goofy32

Sorry for the delay everyone - my internet connection went down this morning so I couldn't load the pics as promised. I am now coming to you live from a local cafe, so fear not - here are the photos of the two shirts:

Whoa, those are awesome! Do you have the SKU's?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom