New Retro Shirts at Mouse Gear!!

Figment82

Original Poster
Whoa, those are awesome! Do you have the SKU's?

I do, but unfortunately I forgot the numbers back in the apartment :)hammer: ). Hopefully we will be getting internet again soon and I can post them from there, otherwise I can probably post them tomorrow.

TheBeatles

Sorry for the delay everyone - my internet connection went down this morning so I couldn't load the pics as promised. I am now coming to you live from a local cafe, so fear not - here are the photos of the two shirts:

DSCN2098.JPG

DSCN2097.JPG

The first shirt looks exactly like the vintage one, minus the 'EPCOT Center' writing. Kudos to Disney for putting the WDW logo on the shirt.

The second shirt looks great. Maybe its the size of the picture, but does the size of the overall image look different than the vintage one? SSE looks smaller and (this is for sure) there are more blue and red lines on this shirt than on the vintage one. The palm trees on this shirt do not go down as far as the vintage ones do. Thus, the one on eBay now is authentic EPCOT Center vintage.

Figment82

Original Poster
Not completely the same as their originals, but still very cool none the less.!!!!

You're right, when I first saw them on the racks I thought they were the same as the originals, but now that I've gone back and looked on ebay and other places, I see that there are some differences between them. Still, I think it's great, and hopefully these will sell even better than the ones that just left.

jeffb

Sorry for the delay everyone - my internet connection went down this morning so I couldn't load the pics as promised. I am now coming to you live from a local cafe, so fear not - here are the photos of the two shirts:

DSCN2098.JPG

DSCN2097.JPG

Wow - awesome. :sohappy: Thanks for posting the pictures! These two shirts plus the EPCOT repeats shirt from a few months ago. Excellent! Did the top shirt originally have the EPCOT Center in script (I dont seem to recall that is did) - I would have prefered without it, but you get the old style WDW logo (which is alaways great to see!). Could you post the SKU numbers if you have them?

FanofDinsey1981

My cousins are going down in 2 weeks. I have already printed out the pictures and I am going to give her cash to buy the 3/4 length shirt. I have been searching for vintage shirts (many of which I had as a kid), and Ebay has been helpful, but not a lot of EPCOT stuff has been popping up.

WDWFigment

I don't snipe because its unfair. I hate it when people do it to me, so I can only imagine how people would feel if I did it to them. For being someone who dosen't snipe, I do alright.

Back to the topic...

Anybody have pictures yet?

Off topic:I guess I fail to see how sniping is unfair. If I'm willing to bid $40 on an item, and not a penny more, if I bid that at the beginning of the auction or end of the auction, it should make no difference, due to proxy bidding. What makes it seem 'unfair' is when people don't bid the highest amount they're willing to pay when bidding, and someone bids at the last second, not allowing the first person to counterbid with something higher. Well, if the first person would've just bid their highest amount in the first place, they wouldn't have reason to be upset! With the way proxy bidding works, it's foolish to bid more than once in any given auction (as bidding wars just drive the price up because people bid impulsively after seeing they've been outbid). Don't confuse eBay for an archaic in-person auction where there is a tremendous amount of back and forth. Ebay has made the rules different, and as users, we have to adapt to those rules!

It may be frustrating when you think you have an item and at the last second are outbid, but if you always bid the highest amount you're willing to pay with your one bid (have faith in proxy bidding!), there is nothing unfair about it.

On Topic: The shirts are definitely different, which will mean the market won't drop out of the vintage ones, which is good. It also means the people who don't really care whether the item is old and just want it for the design like stop throwing their money around eBay and buy the cheaper shirts from Disney! Thanks for the pics, Figment82!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Off topic:I guess I fail to see how sniping is unfair. If I'm willing to bid $40 on an item, and not a penny more, if I bid that at the beginning of the auction or end of the auction, it should make no difference, due to proxy bidding. What makes it seem 'unfair' is when people don't bid the highest amount they're willing to pay when bidding, and someone bids at the last second, not allowing the first person to counterbid with something higher. Well, if the first person would've just bid their highest amount in the first place, they wouldn't have reason to be upset! With the way proxy bidding works, it's foolish to bid more than once in any given auction (as bidding wars just drive the price up because people bid impulsively after seeing they've been outbid). Don't confuse eBay for an archaic in-person auction where there is a tremendous amount of back and forth. Ebay has made the rules different, and as users, we have to adapt to those rules!

It may be frustrating when you think you have an item and at the last second are outbid, but if you always bid the highest amount you're willing to pay with your one bid (have faith in proxy bidding!), there is nothing unfair about it.

On Topic: The shirts are definitely different, which will mean the market won't drop out of the vintage ones, which is good. It also means the people who don't really care whether the item is old and just want it for the design like stop throwing their money around eBay and buy the cheaper shirts from Disney! Thanks for the pics, Figment82!
now that i know what sniping is... i couldnt agree more. i think that the "unfair" feeling is from you not winning the item. like what is said above, if you hate getting outbid last minute, put your max bid at an extreme high. auctions are auctions. they arent meant to be nice or mean. i dont look at an item and say, "hmmmm, i better get this bid in time to let the other person outbid me". no sir.

im glad they are hurting the value of true vintage t's. now, i do wish that they were a 50/50 blend since those were soooo soft.

TheBeatles

I do put a max bid and stick with it. What I hate is being outbid by a program that automatically beats me out by .01 or .50 cents.

Now I will speak of this evil program no more.

Figment, do you have any vintage Disney tees?

wedway71

totally sweet!!!
Epcot is my favorite park and was there in 82 when it opened.

I have some pics of me with t-shirts just like those with a pair of brown shorts,knee high tube socks and a mullet to boot!

those were the days:cry:

jessfriends

DSCN2098.JPG

DSCN2097.JPG

Thank you for this awesome info & pics!!! How much were the shirts???
If it is not too much trouble could you measure the pit to pit and neck to bottom of the shirts and tell me what size you got and if they fit accurately so I know what size to buy (that is if I can mail order but I am guessing I can't).

Thanks to everyone on here helping me with the sizing info on the other retros shirts released earlier this year, I was able to get the purple 82 & epcot repeats. I was lucky that I knew someone who was going down to WDW during this time to get them so if I can't mail order them I don't know what I am going to do...:shrug:

Figment82

Original Poster
Thank you for this awesome info & pics!!! How much were the shirts???
If it is not too much trouble could you measure the pit to pit and neck to bottom of the shirts and tell me what size you got and if they fit accurately so I know what size to buy (that is if I can mail order but I am guessing I can't).

Thanks to everyone on here helping me with the sizing info on the other retros shirts released earlier this year, I was able to get the purple 82 & epcot repeats. I was lucky that I knew someone who was going down to WDW during this time to get them so if I can't mail order them I don't know what I am going to do...:shrug:

The yellow shirt was $24 and the red 3/4 shirt was $26. I got a small in both (they are unisex and both run rather large - especially the 3/4 one). I can measure them for you, but like I said earlier, I don't have the shirts with me right now so it might be a day or two before I can post that info.

JWG

I also am interested to know if these will be avail. MO or via internet.
I just got back from WDW a week ago :(

jeffb

You should be able to get them from mail order, I was able to get the EPCOT repeats shirt that way earlier in the year.

ears2you

As someone who watches (and buys) retro EPCOT Center shirts on eBay, I can tell you all a few things.

First, there is a 99.9% chance the link SewIn2Disney posted is the correct shirt; unless there is some other shirt almost identical to it that I've never seen.

Second, although you may think the quality of Disney merchandise has gone down over the years, the yellow shirt was originally very thin and very prone to shrinking. Unless they emulated the material of the shirt too, a new one is likely to be of higher quality.

Third, due to the shrinking, and the general style of tighter shirts back when the yellow one was released, anyone who wears a size L or greater would have a tough time fitting into one of the older shirts. I normally wear a size Small, and when I order the vintage shirts, I get large usually, and those fit me well.

Cool find! Hopefully they will release a blue, "21st Century starts..." with SSE (most of you should know the design about which I'm talking) shirt soon. In my opinion, that one is best!

EDIT: Or maybe they will start selling this shirt (my all time favorite and top 'steal' off eBay at only $10.49 plus shipping!):
249a_1.JPG

AHHHHHHHHH
i need that shirt!

WDWFigment

I do put a max bid and stick with it. What I hate is being outbid by a program that automatically beats me out by .01 or .50 cents.

Now I will speak of this evil program no more.

Figment, do you have any vintage Disney tees?

If I am the Figment you're asking, I have a couple of Figment Tees, a Pirates of the Caribbean tee (that I overpaid for, in retrospect), a Haunted Mansion Tee, a MVMCP sweatshirt, a Space Mountain tee, and another Epcot Tee... plus some in my closet at home that I actually purchased at the time they were released that probably no longer fit.

What about yourself?

jessfriends

The yellow shirt was $24 and the red 3/4 shirt was $26. I got a small in both (they are unisex and both run rather large - especially the 3/4 one). I can measure them for you, but like I said earlier, I don't have the shirts with me right now so it might be a day or two before I can post that info.

Thanks for the info...I probably would need a large. If anyone bought these shirts in size large could you tell me the measurements?? Thanks in advance.

WDWFigment

...there was a market for used t-shirts! Is everything collectible now?

Have you ever heard the slogan, "Whatever it is, you can find it on eBay"? Well, the slogan might as well go, "However useless you might think that junk is, for the love of god, don't throw it away, because you could probably sell it for an obnoxious amount on eBay!"

There is a market for just about anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom